IGNORED

Academy to play in EFL Trophy in 2016/17

Louis

Apparently, Premier League 'B' teams will be allowed to play in this competition in the future.

That's according to the Wimbledon Supporters Trust who have said that the Football League have approved plans for that - according to the BBC's Richard Conway.

Original source: http://thedonstrust.org/2015/02/23/february-dons-trust-board-meeting-summary/

• 1 year later...

I don't agree with it tbh its an opportunity for the lower league sides to get to Wembly and make a day of it etc this will dilute their chances massively, its not much different from letting professional boxers enter the Olympics it can only be another money making scheme

I don't agree with it tbh its an opportunity for the lower league sides to get to Wembly and make a day of it etc this will dilute their chances massively, its not much different from letting professional boxers enter the Olympics it can only be another money making scheme

Good points tbf, never thought of it like that.

Paul it seems the teams participating treated it the same as premier league teams treat the league cup. They avoid it and concentrate on staying up or getting promotion. The cups are just side competitions now. This is a consequence of that, since they don't take it seriously no one shows up to watch so they're bringing in the premier league sides in hopes those fans will attend and give it a more robust following.

It's the football league sides fault it's gotten here.

Paul it seems the teams participating treated it the same as premier league teams treat the league cup. They avoid it and concentrate on staying up or getting promotion. The cups are just side competitions now. This is a consequence of that, since they don't take it seriously no one shows up to watch so they're bringing in the premier league sides in hopes those fans will attend and give it a more robust following.

It's the football league sides fault it's gotten here.

Could well be Mark but I know a fair few supporters who are up in arms about it as sadly its them that suffer

I just don't agree with it in principle but I'm not bothered by it I always just think the fat cats will he rubbing their hands in some way and the average fan will potentially lose out

• 4 weeks later...