IGNORED

Roberto Martinez

"It means the Hammers board are looking elsewhere and believe they would be able to lure Martinez away from Goodison Park."

Possibly if they hired an SAS unit and kidnapped him at gunpoint, otherwise no chance.

Why mike? Their owners have splashed the cash sakho, Valencia, song, I don't see money being a roadblock. They're about to play in Olympic stadium with modern amenities and lots of seating. So where is the rub mike ?

Why mike? Their owners have splashed the cash sakho, Valencia, song, I don't see money being a roadblock. They're about to play in Olympic stadium with modern amenities and lots of seating. So where is the rub mike ?

They are still a small club in comparison to Everton so it would be a backward step for him. Many clubs have splashed the cash in recent years but the only two to have changed their status as a result are Chelsea and City, because of the ludicrous amounts of cash splashed. There's no sign whatsoever that West Ham will get that level of investment. The move might make them a regular premier league team rather than a "yo-yo" club as they are historically but they won't be challenging at the sharp end any time soon, and probably never will be.

They are still a small club in comparison to Everton so it would be a backward step for him. Many clubs have splashed the cash in recent years but the only two to have changed their status as a result are Chelsea and City, because of the ludicrous amounts of cash splashed. There's no sign whatsoever that West Ham will get that level of investment. The move might make them a regular premier league team rather than a "yo-yo" club as they are historically but they won't be challenging at the sharp end any time soon, and probably never will be.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3016432/Club-club-guide-Premier-League-s-financial-health.html

well put mike. not to mention the financials i just looked up to refute your argument and ended up proving myself wrong :crying:

we are in great financial standing with only 28m in debt, a lot of clubs below and above us are much worse off. imagine being spurs or swansea with no debt, wow.

anyways, west ham with 110m, so yeah not much wiggle room their regardless of the TV revenue.

Just to add to your retreat Mark :) they spent £12m in Valencia £3.5m on Sakho and Song is on loan hardly splashing the cash

I don't believe he will go anywhere anytime soon he's got it good here as did Moyes in comparison to most other clubs it would take a CL side to lure him away IMO and he's yet to prove he's worthy of such a move

Edited by EFC-Paul