IGNORED

Are the new generation of footballers as good as the last?

In the 2000's we had the likes of Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo, Seedorf, Kaka, Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Nedved, Xavi, David's, Villa etc etc.

I just feel the standard of players has dropped from back then. There seems to be more of a level playing field now without as many elites.

In the 2000's we had the likes of Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo, Seedorf, Kaka, Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Nedved, Xavi, David's, Villa etc etc.

I just feel the standard of players has dropped from back then. There seems to be more of a level playing field now without as many elites.

Probably why Leicester City are on top of the prem.

I'd agree with that far less standout players over this period but some would argue it's levelled off slightly as the "general" player and game has improved

If we where talking about what most regard as players of the past Pele Maradonna Best etc I'd say the modern footballer wins hands down

I honestly believe the best 11 of the 2000's v the best 11 of 2010's would be won by the 2000's, with a fairly dominant victory.

It's true in terms of depth but for me the top 5-7 now would be better than the top 5-7 in the 2000's I think....

Mixed in it would be Zidane, Figo, Brazilian ronaldo with messi, ronaldo, iniesta, suarez, xavi, neymar,

I definately think the the level below the elite bracket was stronger in the naughties. That's where you would see Scholes, Henry, zola, Bergkamp, we don't have many players like that any more. The closest we have to a zola or Bergkamp in silva and he's no where near them.