IGNORED

2016/2017 Everton Financial Results

Quinn31

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/12/22/everton-posts-record-turnover-and-30m-post-tax-profit

For those of you who don't know, I work in Finance, so I can provide some decent thoughts tomorrow (Friends coming over for dinner in a few minutes).

Needless to say, I'm excited by this but want to see our results relative to Spurs and a few of the midtable sides to see if we're closing the gap, falling behind, or stagnating.

Moshiri also injected a bunch of money into the club, used to pay down debt, apparently improve Goodison and FF, and also fund some of the player acquisitions. Wonder if any or much of that money is still sitting on the balance sheet in the form of cash or if its all gone.

Our turnover was 58% of Spurs 210m pounds turnover from the prior season (2015/2016) - Waiting for Spurs results to be released at some point - if it is greater than 293m pounds in turnover, they've gained on us, if it's less, we've closed the gap. The gap could very well stay the same given that most of the money has come from new broadcasting revenue, of which all the clubs have benefitted from. Also, they've now had 2 consecutive seasons of Champions League football and tv money.

It will be interesting to see how much the Sportpesa and Angry Birds deals help

Read some Spurs info - a lot of fans are saying that the new tv money + the new stadium will put them at 300m-350m+ in annual turnover - a scary statistic that makes me wonder that we can never catch up or even potentially draw much closer. 

Maybe the new ground + new shirt sponsorships could put us at close to 250m pounds in revenue per year, but I do worry that the big six are permanently sat above us barring the injection of hundreds of millions of pounds from some benefactor richer than Moshiri (Usmanov?).

I'd be interested to see our financial position relative to some of the big Spanish clubs, Italian clubs, German clubs and I think we can gain on them, but who knows.

7 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

Read some Spurs info - a lot of fans are saying that the new tv money + the new stadium will put them at 300m-350m+ in annual turnover - a scary statistic that makes me wonder that we can never catch up or even potentially draw much closer. 

Maybe the new ground + new shirt sponsorships could put us at close to 250m pounds in revenue per year, but I do worry that the big six are permanently sat above us barring the injection of hundreds of millions of pounds from some benefactor richer than Moshiri (Usmanov?).

I'd be interested to see our financial position relative to some of the big Spanish clubs, Italian clubs, German clubs and I think we can gain on them, but who knows.

Depends on how we utalise the stadium and market ourselves abroad as well.