IGNORED

Will Aj's Arrival Be The End For Dithering Dave!

RuffRob

Early days yet, but we have had a great start to the season.

Howard and Lescott both look to be good buys and I don't think there is an Evertonian out their who has a bad word to say about AJ. At this moment in time I can't think of any striker who would cost under £20M I would rather have in our team. Not just becasue he has scored 4 in 4 but his all around play and attitude - he is definately going the right way to becoming a legend after only 4 games.

But these deals could be more value than just the three players bought.

Moyes's activity in the transfer market have been a little differnet than in former summers, in which he has been labled Dithering Dave, as countless targets go down the drain as another club is prepared to risk a little more for their signiture.

This summer Moyes pin pointed the targets he wanted, got them in early and got the Chairman to spend the money needed to get the deals signed, sealed and delivered. And at the moment, although early days looks to be paying off.

Could this be the end of our infamous Dithering Dave. After fire fighting for a season or two with budget buys, over the last two summers Moyes has now basically got together his own squad. So hopefully it is now a case of tinkering and bringing in a little more quality each summer as identified targets become available to fill the weakest positions.

So I am hoping the impact AJ's signing (and the others) will help see the end of Dithering Dave and the arrival of 'Decisive Dave' when it comes to getting those quality players through the door.

Smashing post Rob, personally I have held back on any real judgement on Moyes' ability for the simple reason I wasn't sure if the board were behind him.

This summer was a display of clear calm thinking of what we needed and how to get it. Possibly this turn-around by the manager was simply a case of him maturing at the top level and realising he didn't have to scrabble around in the "bargain bucket".

The start to the season has created a real buzz among the team and certainly given us lot something to smile about.

ATB

Mac

Have to agree Rob - he did dally and dither in the transfer market - as though he was scared of signing a flop - or was severely warned not to waste the money...or simply he couldn't make his mind up. Either way he dithered...

But this year - he took the bull by the horns, got his players early and got them training with the team at the start of the pre-season.

Couldn't really ask for more.

Signed Lescott - who made an in form england international (er...crouch, apparently) look very average and then kept a dutch international at bay in the same game...

Howard - already making some fantastic saves and commands his box well - good at catching the ball as well (reina should watch and learn....hahaha)

AJ - need I say more.

Yeah I agree Licker.

Good post Rob, agree with everthing your saying there.

He done very well in the market, would have liked to see two players for the left hand side coming in but the players he has brought in have been first class.

Left mid is a must in January, we've got no natural left winger at the club and it might be highlighted if we suffer a injury or two. That is only a 'if' but we do need to bulk up in that department.

The future is looking good though after this summers performance in the market by 'Decisive' Dave :D

Yeh good post rob .

I think alot of people forget that Moyes in manager terms is still relativly young and still learning his trade but this season he's been superb in his decisiveness and getting the players in early so they have time to settle has only helped the team aa a whole .

Its still early days but the future is looking good for the Blues .

Yeh good post rob .

I think alot of people forget that Moyes in manager terms is still relativly young and still learning his trade but this season he's been superb in his decisiveness and getting the players in early so they have time to settle has only helped the team aa a whole .

Its still early days but the future is looking good for the Blues .

49842[/snapback]

thats true, but its also true that some players simply didnt want to sign for Everton. even when we finished 4th they considered it a fluke.

we had been relegation fodder for so long that we were not an attractive option to many players.

moysey has now turned things around and we are a much more serious outfit.

i think there is only one regular first team player left over from walter smiths days is naysmith.

its now a david moyes Everton.

and altho there is still room for improvement, its looking very good.

Edited by java2001e

When moyes signed for us I heard several comments from Preston NE fans saying he was a brilliant man manager but always dithered (their word) in the transfer market. You take the negatives with a pinch of salt when teams lose a manager or player but it has turned out to be very accurate.

I'm happy to say this years deals have been like a breath of fresh air and has begun to sway my major concern about Moyes ability in the transfer market.

Edited by Bluetrip

When moyes signed for us I heard several comments from Preston NE fans saying he was a brilliant man manager but always dithered (their word) in the transfer market. You take the negatives with a pinch of salt when teams lose a manager or player but it has turned out to be very accurate.

I'm happy to say this years deals have been like a breath of fresh air and has begun to sway my major concern about Moyes ability in the transfer market.

50051[/snapback]

:D think hes learned his lesson lads :) hope so anyway :lol: