IGNORED

Andy Johnson Or Craig Bellend?

I dont think we'll win it, but we have a fantastic chance of getting to 2nd place. We have a balanced squad this time out, which IS stronger than Arsenals or Man U's.

52029[/snapback]

got to disagree there. arsenal are on there way back to form, dont forget most are in there early 20's its a very young sqaud, man utd have a as much as i hate to say it a fantasitic team, liverpool in the other hand have imo 3 players who can walk into any team (gerrard, carra and alonso) the rest are just mideoka players. dont get me wrong i do think liverpool are going to be in the top 5 i just think they wont be challegening for the title.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we're going to be contenders for the second place, myself.

In fact, the only Arsenal players i'd have in my squad are Toure, Gallas and Henry and Fabregas (who wouldnt start ahead of Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko). Would have Ronaldo and Rooney from Man U. Our squad has tremendous depth and quality in all positions except for maybe right fullback.

Cant see how our squad is being considered weaker than those.

Think we're going to be contenders for the second place, myself.

In fact, the only Arsenal players i'd have in my squad are Toure, Gallas and Henry and Fabregas (who wouldnt start ahead of Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko). Would have Ronaldo and Rooney from Man U. Our squad has tremendous depth and quality in all positions except for maybe right fullback.

Cant see how our squad is being considered weaker than those.

52080[/snapback]

I cant see how it's being considered stronger.

You may have numbers but Arsenal and Manure have quality in places you can only dream and IMHO are both far better teams to watch!

Well, i believe that we're better and we'll see who is at the end of the season.

They might have better strikers, but we have the best midfield amongst the three. Our defense broke all kinds of records last season. Once we gel together up top, i can see a lot of goals coming from our team.

Edited by xavier

I disagree Xavier (makes a change :D )

The Arse is football is much better to watch (better than any team in England IMO) and they have better quality players as well.

Utd this season have looked sharp and look again, a better outfit then yourselfs.

I seen an interesting fact on SkySportsNews the other day, you've only picked up something like 4 points from the 'top 4' in the last 2 seasons (can't remember the exact fact, sorry :D )

You are not as good as the other 'big 3' in my opinion and have a long way to go before you compete for the title. Like you say your strikers arnt as good and goalkeeper isnt as good. Plus I think they both have a better manager :D

Thats just what I think though :)

I disagree Xavier (makes a change :D )

The Arse is football is much better to watch (better than any team in England IMO) and they have better quality players as well.

Utd this season have looked sharp and look again, a better outfit then yourselfs.

I seen an interesting fact on SkySportsNews the other day, you've only picked up something like 4 points from the 'top 4' in the last 2 seasons (can't remember the exact fact, sorry :D )

You are not as good as the other 'big 3' in my opinion and have a long way to go before you compete for the title. Like you say your strikers arnt as good and goalkeeper isnt as good. Plus I think they both have a better manager :D

Thats just what I think though :)

52088[/snapback]

[/quote

Change is always good. :D

We scored 18 more points than Arsenal last season. How can you say that we have a long way to go to catch them? I think Pepe is top class and is one of the main reasons our off side trap is actually working. His presence in the box is commanding and he's always talking to the defence. Some Spanish pundits and a couple of Sociedad supporters we've got in our forums rate him higher than Casillas. He does make the odd gaffe but they're only few and far between. Ive got no problems with them as long as he gets them out of his mind for the next game (Dudek couldnt do that) and that their frequency doesnt increase. When talking our of defense, we talk of it as a back 5 (4 defenders and Reina) rather than a back 4 as he's a major part of these clean sheets we kept last season.

I never said that our strikers arent good. I said that Arsenal and ManU have better strikers. But Kuyt looks top quality and im only too excited to see him and Bellamy do their stuff.

I think that the Mancs might struggle post Jan as their squad strength isnt upto the mark, IMO. But they've always been a second half of the season side, i might well be wrong.

Last season was a transitional period for Arsenal with Wenger building his 3rd squad. Fabrigas, Flamini and Van Persie are now blooded and fully accustomed to the Premiership. They have one of the best youth selections in Europe.

The addition of Gallas will shore up their central defence problem and with Rosicky and Hleb they have a strong midfield. Henry and Baptista are two of the best strikers in the world. I think they will finish second this season despite the poor start.

Edited by Bluetrip

Got to agree with you, Kuyt is a quality signing, who will end up an Analfield legend.

However to compare Liverscum to Manure and Le Gooners is delusional at best, and Bellamy WILL let your club, himself and humanity in general down big time. Even vagina's look at Bellamy and say "what a c*nt".

ATB

Mac