IGNORED

Everton on US TV

Elston Gunnn

This thread will be of no interest to most of you, and possibly of limited interest even to most Americans on TT.

I’m apparently late to the news that many, possibly even most, EPL matches that would in previous seasons have been on NBCSN will this season be on “Peacock Premium,” a streaming service.

I’d be interested in hearing from any in the US about this development.

Peacock, Peacock Premium, and Peacock Premium Plus are streaming services.  My guess is that fewer and fewer EPL matches will be on NBCSN and NBC this season.  So it looks as if under the NBC umbrella, more and more we’ll have to watch EPL by streaming, as opposed to the regular old TV.  Further, I think relatively few matches will be on the free streaming service, Peacock.  It looks as if most of the streamed matches will be offered only on Peacock Premium, at $5/month.

For me the issue isn’t the extra cost above my DirecTV monthly bill.  It’s that it’s a much better viewing experience on TV, as opposed to my iPad.  And my strong suspicion is that we won’t get many Everton matches on tv (either NBC or NBCSN).

4 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Peacock, Peacock Premium, and Peacock Premium Plus are streaming services.  My guess is that fewer and fewer EPL matches will be on NBCSN and NBC this season.  So it looks as if under the NBC umbrella, more and more we’ll have to watch EPL by streaming, as opposed to the regular old TV.  Further, I think relatively few matches will be on the free streaming service, Peacock.  It looks as if most of the streamed matches will be offered only on Peacock Premium, at $5/month.

For me the issue isn’t the extra cost above my DirecTV monthly bill.  It’s that it’s a much better viewing experience on TV, as opposed to my iPad.  And my strong suspicion is that we won’t get many Everton matches on tv (either NBC or NBCSN).

Wow $5!

We currently pay probably five times that for sky sports, and don’t even get all of the matches. 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

Wow $5!

We currently pay probably five times that for sky sports, and don’t even get all of the matches. 

Not the money, as I said.  It’s the lower quality viewing, at least for me.  Maybe we Americans have been spoiled by the first several years of NBCSN’s excellent coverage.  Clearly they’re moving to streaming a much higher number of matches.

I’m skeptical that the overall quality of streamed matches will be consistently high.  And I don’t think we’ll see all that many Everton matches on tv.  But maybe other Americans on TT don’t share my irritation at NBC/NBCS’s new coverage of EPL.

4 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Not the money, as I said.  It’s the lower quality viewing, at least for me.  Maybe we Americans have been spoiled by the first several years of NBCSN’s excellent coverage.  Clearly they’re moving to streaming a much higher number of matches.

I’m skeptical that the overall quality of streamed matches will be consistently high.  And I don’t think we’ll see all that many Everton matches on tv.  But maybe other Americans on TT don’t share my irritation at NBC/NBCS’s new coverage of EPL.

I get that mate. I was just shocked at how much cheaper it is. 
We get great coverage from Sky in my opinion, it’s very slick but full of ex Liverpool players. I don’t think BT or Amazon do as good a job. 
Anyway, I’ll get out and leave you guys to discuss.