IGNORED

Everton Eyeing Clarke

The 18-year-old striker scored his 3rd league goal of the season at Southend yesterday when he gave Town a 1-0 lead, he also set up Alan Lee for Town’s third.

Clarke made his Town début last November against Cardiff and spent part of the season on-loan at Colchester

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s78/st106500.htm?fromrss=1

Freddie Eastwood from Southend is a far better player than Clarke, if i was going to get anyone thats who it would be.

Just thought i would mention it, if we are on the lookout to bring in more players.

He finished the 2004-05 season with 24 goals (19 lge, 5 LDV) from 42 appearances in all competitions and scored the opening goal in his club's 2-0 defeat of Lincoln City in the League Two Play-off Final at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on 28 May 2005 that resulted in promotion for Southend United.

On 2nd January 2006 he scored Southend United's 2000th League goal when he smashed home the late winner against Blackpool at Bloomfield Road as the Shrimpers continued to take League One by storm.

His prowess in front of goal means that he has attracted interest from a number of clubs, including Championship sides Norwich City and Derby County.

At the end of the 2005-06 season, Freddy was joint 18th in Southend's all time leading goal scorers list with 49 goals, 45 of which were in the league, 2 in the FA Cup and 2 in the LDV Vans Trophy. But at the rate he is scoring goals he could easily become one of the highest goalscorers in Southends one hundred year history.

On 29th April 2006, Freddy scored 1 goal at Swansea to earn Southend a 2-2 draw, which earned Southend promotion to the Championship.

Eastwood was joint top scorer with Billy Sharp in League One in 2005-06 with 23 goals.

50 GOALS IN TWO SEASONS FROM 101 GAMES.......................22 YEARS OLD. just my opinion.

Edited by Licker

Why, weve already got two in Annichebe and Vaughn, why buy another that might only have "promise".

Southend have come up two divisions in the Two years he's been there, and its because he scores goals.

Goals win games not Promise, and this lad Scores them, he's already up with the leading scorers this season, and will probs get another 20 odd.

i agree with you licker. no point buying some kid with "potential" when we already have: -

Anichebe

Vaughan

Spencer (remember him?)

and the numerous other so-called wonderkids we have in our youth team!

Like to see a 20-25 year old brought in as back-up for Beatts and AJ myself....

i agree with you licker. no point buying some kid with "potential" when we already have: -

Anichebe

Vaughan

Spencer (remember him?)

and the numerous other so-called wonderkids we have in our youth team!

Like to see a 20-25 year old brought in as back-up for Beatts and AJ myself....

Apparently he's still waiting to get on the scoresheet in training never mind a match!!

To Craccer - can I just remind you that Eastwood is scoring goals in the same league as Nugent and you want Nugent yes?

not really, if ive mentioned bringing him in its only because hes wihin our budget and did well last year and looks good for under-21.... look a lot better than eastwood...but im not that convinced

and to licker...what your point... you make it seem like i want beattie and think hes a good player, hes shite and i want him out the club, but i would pay money on a 22 year old that decent in championship if i could get an 18 year old that was decent and could develop into something better...

i agree that we need someone a little more first team, but neither of these guys would be first team so thats not really an issue in my arguement...

i wouldnt get any of them if i had the choice, id buy someone a bit more proven, maybe from abroad.... we need someone good, better than these guys to continue moving forward

Been said before & will no doubt again....But Rob Hulse looks ok in a poor team.

1 we may well coulda grabbed a cples eason back.

Either a chance like that or a very established finisher for triple the price...Ide like both. If Beattie cant cut it by jan/end of season.