IGNORED

Why Oh Why Do We Listen To These Idiots

thebluenose

why is it that some people give in to all of these people ( a small minority like) who try and change our culture.

the royal mail cant have religious images on stamps as it may offend muslims. and some people are complaining that we wear poppies for armistice day.

just why. its our country, our culture. if they dont like it they should just go away. they should leave our culture alone and we should leave thiers. surly thats easier than this PC crap

why is it that some people give in to all of these people ( a small minority like) who try and change our culture.

the royal mail cant have religious images on stamps as it may offend muslims. and some people are complaining that we wear poppies for armistice day.

just why. its our country, our culture. if they dont like it they should just go away. they should leave our culture alone and we should leave thiers. surly thats easier than this PC crap

Correct but we've well and truly fucked it now anyway we will be voted out of our own parliment within 50 years the way things are goin so unfortunatly mate pack your bags and head for somewhere warm and forget about this joke of a country our for farthers fought so hard to protect.

Its over and the politicians cant see it even tho' the population can!

Well I got called a Pagan in a loacal newspapaer this week...LOL>

We had a Haloween party last week ( Kids type) as it aslways ties in with the yngest's B'day.

So becomes a themed dble party, bit of fun, adult supervised trick o treat, silly games, music etc.

To our astonishment the newspaper turned up interviewed Joshua & put a great colour photo & spread in local paper.

No good next day there is this nasty fuking letter to the editor, accusing us of celbrating pagan rituals & disaf4ecting our youth with putrid ideology ( her words - man im the last to get started on fabricated ideologies).

She went on to crap about how do you explain ghostn ghou;ls to kids etc etc blah blah blah.

Sad part is the whole deal is a bit of fun, the kids dress up, we place a few props & fairy lights around the garden & the kids have FUN.

Was gonna reply to this sad biothc, buit havent been bothred.

Sadest part is we find out in hindsight, was the letterw as from 1 of the boys in Joshuas class, whomw as invited, not aloud to then come & apaprently by word of mouithw as visib;ly upset @ being the only invited kid not aloud to come.

Hmmmm, sounds like Mummy has then salggged us of & the whole deal to defend her decision to not let her kid attend.

Thats her perogative, but don t hit us with a whole l,aod of PC crap to jsutify a particular stance on a particu;lar issue.

Sad very sad, & like the rest of the pc broigade out there a blight on us all.

Well I got called a Pagan in a loacal newspapaer this week...LOL>

We had a Haloween party last week ( Kids type) as it aslways ties in with the yngest's B'day.

So becomes a themed dble party, bit of fun, adult supervised trick o treat, silly games, music etc.

To our astonishment the newspaper turned up interviewed Joshua & put a great colour photo & spread in local paper.

No good next day there is this nasty fuking letter to the editor, accusing us of celbrating pagan rituals & disaf4ecting our youth with putrid ideology ( her words - man im the last to get started on fabricated ideologies).

She went on to crap about how do you explain ghostn ghou;ls to kids etc etc blah blah blah.

Sad part is the whole deal is a bit of fun, the kids dress up, we place a few props & fairy lights around the garden & the kids have FUN.

Was gonna reply to this sad biothc, buit havent been bothred.

Sadest part is we find out in hindsight, was the letterw as from 1 of the boys in Joshuas class, whomw as invited, not aloud to then come & apaprently by word of mouithw as visib;ly upset @ being the only invited kid not aloud to come.

Hmmmm, sounds like Mummy has then salggged us of & the whole deal to defend her decision to not let her kid attend.

Thats her perogative, but don t hit us with a whole l,aod of PC crap to jsutify a particular stance on a particu;lar issue.

Sad very sad, & like the rest of the pc broigade out there a blight on us all.

so what curse did you put on the editor after all that came out eh pat? ;)

On the original point..

"its our country, our culture. if they don't like it they should just go away"

As we have spent a good part of the last three hundred years going to (among others) Barbados, Singapore, the Phillipines, Afghanistan, Nigeria, New Zealand, Antigua, Somaliland, Gambia, Nepal Monserrat, the Seychelles, Uganda, Tobago, Ireland, Australia, Oman, Palestine, Bahrain, Guiana, Cuba, South Africa, St Lucia, Egypt, the Bahamas, Ceylon, Bermuda, Senegal, Sudan, Burma, Canada, Malaya, Malta, Sierra Leone. Minorca, New Guinea, big chunks of the USA and a few Greek islands and imposing our culture on many of them...often at gunpoint..are we really morally in a position to complain about some of them influencing our culture now?

Just a thought.

The countrys gone fookin backwards IMO .

People are too scared to speak their minds for fear of being branded a racist whilst the muslim preachers of hate ( for example ) get free roam to stand in the streets and slag off western influences although when it suits them they actually live by these influences .

I remember just after 9/11 there was a mosque in London with its followers cheering and appluading the fall of the twin towers and instead of these sado masachistic knobs being arrested the police actually put up a cordon to protect them ( at the expense of the tax payer ) .

The '' inciting religious hatred '' law only applies to one religeon these days and the fookin PC brigade are ballsing this country up in a big way .

Been thinking for a long time now i need to get away from this country and go and live elswhere , got a spare room pat mate ????????????? :D

On the original point..

"its our country, our culture. if they don't like it they should just go away"

As we have spent a good part of the last three hundred years going to (among others) Barbados, Singapore, the Phillipines, Afghanistan, Nigeria, New Zealand, Antigua, Somaliland, Gambia, Nepal Monserrat, the Seychelles, Uganda, Tobago, Ireland, Australia, Oman, Palestine, Bahrain, Guiana, Cuba, South Africa, St Lucia, Egypt, the Bahamas, Ceylon, Bermuda, Senegal, Sudan, Burma, Canada, Malaya, Malta, Sierra Leone. Minorca, New Guinea, big chunks of the USA and a few Greek islands and imposing our culture on many of them...often at gunpoint..are we really morally in a position to complain about some of them influencing our culture now?

Just a thought.

that was over 150-200 years ago.

that was over 150-200 years ago.

Kenya got independence in 1963

India 1947-50

South Africa 1961

Swaziland 1968

Sudan 1956

Sierra Leone 1961

Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) 1980

Cyprus 1960

Antigua 1981

..and 150-200 years is a blink of an eye in historic terms anyway.

Not going to fall out with anyone over this but we seem to think it's perfectly acceptable for hundreds of Brits every day to go and set up British communities of expats around the world, taking our culture with them and making (in many cases) no effort at all to fit in with the country they're living in. They do it, understandably, to improve their quality of life.

But when people from other countries do exactly the same thing...come here to improve their quality of life, we're all up in arms about it, wound up into a froth of indignation by the tabloid press. Just reeks of double standards to me.

Just my opinion :D .

some of the people who come over here come here illegally and live off the state.

some of those people are allowed to say death to the west and behead those who insult *insert religion name here coz i aint saying*.do we do that in other peoples countries. these same people are up in arms whenever a word is muttered in a bad way about *insert religion* or whatever.

we can hardly say anything without some person coming up and saying i cant say that.

I will find it difficult to comment on this one, but I will try ;) , the issue raised have called into question the way I conduct myself on a professional basis.

As a Social Worker, I have to be very careful as to what I say in the office and what I say to clients, but as an ex-soldier I can safely say this, if you are not native to a particular Country or culture you MUST fall into line and make an attempt to fit in, this does not include burning the flag of your new nation, nor condemning the way the indigenous populace conduct themselves.

We are running the risk of diluting what we consider to be English/British, and when we run that risk we are in very real danger of placing the benefit of the many, for the sacrifice of the few, in the hands of the inept.

ATB

Mac

Agree entirely that you should try to fit in Mac...no question. Just pointing out that...from my observation of Brits abroad..we are amongst the worst offenders for refusing to fit in so are on shaky ground when we demand it of others. I hate political correctness, despise people of any race who stir up racial or religious hatred be they Moslem (it's quite safe to say it :lol: ), Christian fundamentalists, Pakistani's, Scotsmen, Iroquois chiefs, the BNP or the Daily Express!

Why can't we all just be nice to each other :wub: ! Mike...spreading the word of peace, harmony, tolerance and crumbly candy bars...Devon.

Can u imagine christian fundamentalists in say , Saudi Arabia , cheering the death of a muslim , they would be be-headed before you could say '' please don't chop my head off '' .

We are way too over tolerant in this country , i'am all for freedom of speech but these days it only works one way and thats againts the English ( note the way i didnt say British there ) .

When you're branded a racist or thug for flying the cross of St George ( the flag of my nation ) incase u offend not just mulsims , Scottish , Welsh , Irish etc etc in your own country then things have gone to sh!t .

But i dont blame muslims or any of our other British isles for this , i blame the poxy fookin MP's who think they can climb the ladder of power by putting our country to the sword and being too over PC when it comes to other nations .

The government in corrupt and people are too scared to speak out for fear of the racist brand but things need to change cos this country is going t@ts up . :angry:

In Germany, I learned German, and tried to live as a German. I wanted to engage myself as a foregner in strange land. I knew that I was only there for a few years, but still I wanted to fit in.

If we want to be accepted within a society, we must conform. This is a simple rule of thumb.

ATB

Mac

In Germany, I learned German, and tried to live as a German. I wanted to engage myself as a foregner in strange land. I knew that I was only there for a few years, but still I wanted to fit in.

If we want to be accepted within a society, we must conform. This is a simple rule of thumb.

ATB

Mac

Ich wohne an der kuste !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not at all surprised to hear that of you Mac. It's our intention to retire abroad and we'll do the same. But we're sadly in the minority.

Uselss Trivia time: -

Kenya got independence in 1963

Did you no, Edgey Guitarist Tom Morello of Audio Slave & formerly Rage Agaunst The Machine...

Holds a masters degree in Political science(Harvard), His father was / is a legendary Kenyan rebel commander in the 60's & his uncle was the 1st freely elected president of Kenya.

Know your enemy.