IGNORED

Everton V Smoggies

Mac

Did you watch the same match as me Mark?

Carsley was superb today, only Yobo and Lescott matched his commitment today.

He won everything and was into every tackle.

Big Vic was up against Carvahilo the other week, hes a pretty good defender....

I agree he was disapointing but he is only 18 years of age, hes still a boy.

Davies is wank, utter utter wank.

Totally agree with you Yobo comment, world class today, done his job and kept Yakubu quiet all game

It was dissapointing but we will bounce back :D

COYB!!

if by superb you mean heading the ball directly in the air anytime it comes near him then yes he was

all he did was kick people and give the ball away, his short passing is abismal, he cut a number of attacks short by passign to feet ratehr than ahead of the player and keep the move flowing

numerous times he was out of position and let them attack us, is it any wonder than yobo and lescott shined and despite battering boro they always seemed more likely to score?

i've said it before and i'll say i again, it's not about what carsley does so much, as what he DOESN'T do. and there's an awful lot that he fails to do pretty much all to do with the duty of a defensive midfielder.

for an example in the secodn half there was an incident where lescott missed otu on a challenge on the half way line, afetr being forward for a freekick, instea of tacklign the player lescott decided to run back. at the time i was thinking just tackle him, but i looked around for carsley, he was in the most crowded area of the pitch, where he shouldn't be. now i know this is one example, but the amount of times carsley ball watches or isn't in the place he should be is extremely dangerous. a good defensive mdifielder fills in for players and patches up the holes. if you look at makelele (i know its unfair to compare but im just using it for a point) if chelsea fullbacks go forward, he'll always be in their spot if they danger comes there way, he's always aware always fills the hole. carsley never does that... all carsley does it kick people and head anything that comes to him straight up... a decent premiership defensive midfielder would do a lot mroe than carsley does. he's quite simply past it

Hibbo, Cahill, and Neville are sadly missed and our squad is not good enough, and if Davey does'nt swell the numbers in the window, we will have many more "awfull" performances.

The team was very very poor,..... Davies is not a full back and played awfull, have to agree on the Carsley debate and say that although he will give you 100% he is nearing the end of his usefullness to our squad. McFadden has been here 3 seasons ?, and has not improved at all since Day one he has to be replaced, Osman was not in the game, neither was Arteta. The only praise i can Give is reseved for JOEY AND JOLY, A superb performance from both centre backs.

Boro should have been well beaten cos they are poor, but Everton chose not to play, and i thought that was one of the worst games ive seen for a very long time, drab uninspiring rubbish, is the only way i can describe it.

Hibbo, Cahill, and Neville are sadly missed and our squad is not good enough, and if Davey does'nt swell the numbers in the window, we will have many more "awfull" performances.

The team was very very poor,..... Davies is not a full back and played awfull, have to agree on the Carsley debate and say that although he will give you 100% he is nearing the end of his usefullness to our squad. McFadden has been here 3 seasons ?, and has not improved at all since Day one he has to be replaced, Osman was not in the game, neither was Arteta. The only praise i can Give is reseved for JOEY AND JOLY, A superb performance from both centre backs.

Boro should have been well beaten cos they are poor, but Everton chose not to play, and i thought that was one of the worst games ive seen for a very long time, drab uninspiring rubbish, is the only way i can describe it.

tbh i thought davies fileld in pretty well as emergency coer, he held off their wingers unlike neville does he didnt back off and allow crosses.... forced them back a number of times, and boro have a good left side

i also think mcfadden was one of our better players

i thought Carsley did his job well, as i always think he does. Davies did well for me, didnt give the ball away too much, but hasd no help when going forward as everything was going down the left. Naysmith did a decent job, but he isnt the answer. McFadden caused alot of problems. Boularouz got battered by Vic last week, Woodgate showed alot more (he was MOM for me, awesome!) Arteta vouldnt hit a barn door yesterday, so there wasnt much service to AJ (still put the effort in as always!) Yobo did his job very well, and im not gunna say much about Lescott (i love him) anymore as id just be repeating what everyone says every week! Osman played some nice touches, but still isnt doing it for me this season.

i think we need to change a few things against the Skunks. leave Davies in RB, bring in Nuno if hes fit. Osman out, Neville in. Arteta RM McFad LM. start Vaughan upfront with AJ