IGNORED

Mini Mac?

fcssl

As many know, my better half and I are having a son, due in May.

As a result, I am looking to save a little bit of space around or mansion, okay, semi-detached, and I am looking into the possibility of buying a Mini Mac.

Has anybody here got one, or any experience with one. If you have one, let me know what you think...

here is the link... http://www.apple.com/macmini/

Thanks all...

:)

As a Staunch Pc Advocate I wouldnt touch a MAc with a barge poll. ( Only coz I like 2 no WTF is going on inside etc)

Cant slag off their actual products - The users do rave.

But the word USER is the key.

Job's like to market his products toward's a more young & savvy market & fuk, what a hit.

I wouldnt be able to get away with all I want to do with that model above, but a different user would.

Like you say, to save some room & there now a home ware product that look's pretty good in the home.

Bit pricey 4 me ( knowing what I could build etc) but perfect for the upwardly young mobile media savvy type of today.

Mac no the market & build products to suit. Good luck & am sure you wont be disapointed ( until maybe something goes wrong)

Ever thought of buildng your own media box pc? Can get some real nice small compact top looking boxes now( like the apple jobs) with main boards to suit & these new duo core chip's removes the need for ridiculous cooling systems in a small area.

But if one didnt have the time & no how..fuk it go buy one..LOL

I also believe Windows Vista & later builds of XP will be comp with Mac tech soon if not already.

Thatll be a further market break out for their products.

thanks for that...

I would not even know where to start building my own PC. I have upgraded my memory, fitted a Firewire port and ethernet port respectively, however, other than that, i would not have a clue - albeit, it is well worth considering.

For a decent spec, what type of price would you say I was looking at to build my own PC?

Cheers...

;)

erm, its a lot cheaper, depends on what decent for you.... but itd be a few hundred ... ive got a motherboard i wanan sell, jus nmeed to fidn out what spec tht is. but yeh id say few hundred 350 somethin like tht...well thts for what id want anyway

u must be well off considerin buyin 1 with a kid on the way, i think most people would be tryin to reduce spending as much as possible

I built one for about 300 2years ago. The next one I'm going for will be around three times that price. I'm going to get a decent monitor, graphics card, cooling fan, dual cpu procesor (probably AMD 64 4600) and a 200gb hard drive. The hardest thing to find is a case that looks good.

i got to use one of them before they where out in this country, where i was working on work experiance had two in, straight from the US, i actually dont think they where on sale in the US when i used it... anyway back to point i thought it was alright

but prefer microsoft to mac

Im used to playing in $$$ with Pc components these days, But I would ball park estimate you would slap up a stronger desktop than the sleek Mac above for about the 350 Pound mark.

In November I Built my kids each a $800 ( Just under 300 ish + H/ware prices here are criminal ) Desktop based on an All in 1 Gigabyte Mobo - Intel Celeron 3.2Ghz Lga775 CPU - 512MB DDR RAM @ 400Mhz - 80Gb IDE HD - LG S/Multi DvD -RW, Ms KB & Mouse, Altec speakers - 17" Crt Mon + Much More in this Thermal take case - 400W Ps & slapped on a cple extra cheap LED door & roof fans & they perform awsome & look a Treat.

boyzpcaz4.jpg

Not cutting edge hardware, but good strong sturdy platforms @ a great price of which can upgraded further & cheaply, when the need arises. Only bitch was a week Later the ass fell out of 17" LCD prices & could have got 2 of for an extra 20 Quid etc, but tiz life.

D.I.Y - Only way I can justify the sales pitch to the bos..LOL

Louis, I dont reco much but when comes time - Consider this silent High performance beast mate....

Thermaltake_BlueOrb2.jpg

Blue Orb11 - Awsome Cpu cooling Fan. See Link below - Best piece of Hardware I have EVER Bought.

http://www.thermaltake.com/product/cooler/...57/cl-p0257.asp

I think i would enjoy making one myself...at least that way, having learnt how to build websites and stuff, I can boast I know how the inners of a computer works too...

hmmm, you all have me thinking and scheming of making more money...kinda like an evil bond enemy....mmmhhhuuuauaaaaa!

:D

Im used to playing in $$$ with Pc components these days, But I would ball park estimate you would slap up a stronger desktop than the sleek Mac above for about the 350 Pound mark.

In November I Built my kids each a $800 ( Just under 300 ish + H/ware prices here are criminal ) Desktop based on an All in 1 Gigabyte Mobo - Intel Celeron 3.2Ghz Lga775 CPU - 512MB DDR RAM @ 400Mhz - 80Gb IDE HD - LG S/Multi DvD -RW, Ms KB & Mouse, Altec speakers - 17" Crt Mon + Much More in this Thermal take case - 400W Ps & slapped on a cple extra cheap LED door & roof fans & they perform awsome & look a Treat.

boyzpcaz4.jpg

Not cutting edge hardware, but good strong sturdy platforms @ a great price of which can upgraded further & cheaply, when the need arises. Only bitch was a week Later the ass fell out of 17" LCD prices & could have got 2 of for an extra 20 Quid etc, but tiz life.

Louis, I dont reco much but when comes time - Consider this silent High performance beast mate....

Thermaltake_BlueOrb2.jpg

Blue Orb11 - Awsome Cpu cooling Fan. See Link below - Best piece of Hardware I have EVER Bought.

you seemed like you knew what you were talking about...then i read the words 'intel celeron' ... tut tut :blink:

boyzpcaz4.jpg

Thermaltake_BlueOrb2.jpg

Yeah I read that and thought Celeron Nooooooooo sounds a bit naff compared to that 4 gig or whatever beast you said you also had. My 3ghz Prescott is gonna go old and stale now I have an Xbox 360 maybe in a couple of years I will build another PC but with Dx10 and Vista just round the corner I see no point in pouring more money into my PC till the hardware side of things slows down a bit again.

Edited by L_Blue

lmao at Romey...I know exactly what you are talking about...I thought that circular blue thing was one of those old flip style projector photo thingies...you know...

I can foresee I am going to have to research this a little bit more before I start spending money...

;)

you seemed like you knew what you were talking about...then i read the words 'intel celeron' ... tut tut

You obv didnt bother reading they were built for KIDS (whom are aged 5 & 9) - Do u think I would put Duo Core, Prescott chips or DDR 2 Ram- SATA etc in them ? - No fukin way theyll be half trashed in 18 mnths away, cheap solid pc's was the aim & the results are great & exactly what was expected.

So before getting on our snobbery Tech high horses, bother reading proper before adding an unec & mostly uninformed opinion.

Oh yeh then find me a 5yr old that drives a Pc as decent.

You obv didnt bother reading they were built for KIDS (whom are aged 5 & 9) - Do u think I would put Duo Core, Prescott chips or DDR 2 Ram- SATA etc in them ? - No fukin way theyll be half trashed in 18 mnths away, cheap solid pc's was the aim & the results are great & exactly what was expected.

So before getting on our snobbery Tech high horses, bother reading proper before adding an unec & mostly uninformed opinion.

Oh yeh then find me a 5yr old that drives a Pc as decent.

Sure told you Crac :)

i built a pc for my old man just before christmas, cost under £500

got a 19" flat screen, 250 hard drive, 1024 ram, anything i could find with an acer logo on it, nothing special but works fantastic.

just waiting for my "genuine :lol: copy" of vista to turn up now

mini mac does look cool though! but makes a better fashion accessorie than anythin of real use, ish!

Tiger is a very good OS from what little experience i have of it, looks really well polished and quite funky, if you know what i mean

Edited by StevO