IGNORED

Wigan Game Now Key To Our Season

With both Bolton & Portsmouth losing yesterday, along with a draw for Spurs, we have been given another chance to get ourselves in the middle of the battle for a UEFA Cup place. At the moment we are a little too distant for my liking.

Home draws with Wigan, City and Reading, along with somehow losing at Fulham. Just like all the other teams in the league (except United) we can point to games where we let a chance slip.

However, win today and we can position ourselves for the run-in.

Lose and I just feel that these sides (notably Bolton & Spurs) won't let us back in and we will end up 9th or something.

Be positive today Blues. Go win Everton, go win..

I agree. Teams queueing up behind us now and we could easily slip into the bottom half if we don't up the level. Was thinking this morning that if we hadn't had the ten points from twelve start we'd be well in the mire now. I know we've been unlucky with a lot of pen decisions but what might have been if we hadn't got the completely unjustified one against Watford on day one?

Although Arteta scored both today, I was very disappointed with him on the whole. He did not have his usual touch and he seemed a little out of it, going missing for periods of the came. Also, I know that Cahill is recovering fro a nasty injury and it takes time to get his match fitness back, but he was also adrift today.

On the plus side, Tim Howard looked safe for us. A well earned three points though, moving us up to 35pts in the league...which is nice! lol

A very important away win!

;)