IGNORED

Lescott Vs Albania

Louis

^^ Nooooooooo we bought Lescott for the middle, I am a fan of Jo on the left but he shouldnt just be kept out there cos he can play there.

I AGREE, Joey and Joly are centre halfs i dont like playing anybody out of position, Unsworth was ruined by turning him into a fullback, If I SEE JOEY AT RIGHT BACK AND JOLIAN AT LEFT BACK, it means that our squad is still too small. more players must be brought in to alleviate that problem.

We are desperate for a wide left midfielder and a good left back and they should be the priority above all the other positions.

I AGREE, Joey and Joly are centre halfs i dont like playing anybody out of position, Unsworth was ruined by turning him into a fullback, If I SEE JOEY AT RIGHT BACK AND JOLIAN AT LEFT BACK, it means that our squad is still too small. more players must be brought in to alleviate that problem.

We are desperate for a wide left midfielder and a good left back and they should be the priority above all the other positions.

Benitez plays Gerrard on the wing/upfront, Morinhio played Essien at CB for most of last season, Arsenal play Van Persie on the wing a lot. All have large squads, sometimes it pays to play your best eleven. In that respect I would prefer to see Lescott at LB if it meant Naysmith wasn't getting a game and we had good cover in defence.

You are right, we do need a winger and left back but I'd put a striker top of the list. We were woefully poor up front when Johnson was injured, losing our threat on the break. Anichebe and Vaughan have adjusted superbly so far in the Premiership but we can't rely on them to carry us through a European campaign or consoloidate a top six finish as first choice main strikers.

Think you might agree that Essien, Gerrard, and Van Persie are a bit better than anything we've got, but even so those Teams performances dipped alarmingly when those players were played out of position, specially Arsenals and Chelsea's.

And dont forget we have played players out of position in almost every game this season, for a start we havent got a winger on the books, weve played about four different left backs, five different right backs, even Simon Davies ffs full back :o .

Left back and left wide men plus a centre half must be the priority, we can do ok with the strikers we have, Johnson, Vaughan, Beattie, Annichebe, and McFadden are plenty, theres only a need to bring one in, if one goes.

As much as i would like to see him here we can leave Nugent until he's running down his contract and get him cut price, we are not desperate for Strikers.

You said.............""We were woefully poor up front when Johnson was injured""

Yes but dont forget Cahill who is also a goal threat was also missing for the last ten games or so, and of course our other goal threat Arteta, was playing out of position on the wings.

It doesnt matter how good the individual players are, we will never win anything if we have a mish mash of players all playing in the wrong positions.

Think you might agree that Essien, Gerrard, and Van Persie are a bit better than anything we've got, but even so those Teams performances dipped alarmingly when those players were played out of position, specially Arsenals and Chelsea's.

And dont forget we have played players out of position in almost every game this season, for a start we havent got a winger on the books, weve played about four different left backs, five different right backs, even Simon Davies ffs full back :o .

Left back and left wide men plus a centre half must be the priority, we can do ok with the strikers we have, Johnson, Vaughan, Beattie, Annichebe, and McFadden are plenty, theres only a need to bring one in, if one goes.

As much as i would like to see him here we can leave Nugent until he's running down his contract and get him cut price, we are not desperate for Strikers.

You said.............""We were woefully poor up front when Johnson was injured""

Yes but dont forget Cahill who is also a goal threat was also missing for the last ten games or so, and of course our other goal threat Arteta, was playing out of position on the wings.

It doesnt matter how good the individual players are, we will never win anything if we have a mish mash of players all playing in the wrong positions.

I personally prefer to see us play a 4-4-2 with two out and out strikers rather than having Arteta or Cahill as the support. They are a major threat but when we come up against a team playing like for like (aka Bolton, Blackburn, Villa, Fulham, Portsmouth) we struggle going forward.

We had the fourth best defensive record last season conceeding just one goal more than Arsenal and 18 less than our closest rivals Spurs. I don't think our defence is the biggest issue.

I think its safe to say Beattie won't be with us next season judging by the fact Moyes had him as 5th in the pecking order and there's 3 or 4 teams sniffing around him.

Mcfudge, don't get me started - one wonder goal a season propped up by 20-30 inept displays (if he even stays fit). He's never going to be the kind of striker we need. Vaughan I am genuinely excited about and hope he can carry on where he left off but even the blind optimist would struggle to predict 15-20 goals for his tally next season. If we don't sign a striker we will struggle - again, to score and finish teams off during those 50/50 0-0 games.

Surely our highest priority should be central midfield. Cahill, Carlsey, and Phil. If we are to get anywere in Europe were gunna need at least 1 Quality central midfielder like Barton or Manny if not both of them. Because we can't start hitting long balls to Johnson next season again can we like carlsey + Neville do often.

Everyone would realise if we did get a central midfielder who can pass what we are missing, Johnson would actully score and get into alot more dangerous positions.

Left Midfield is a priority to aswell as Leftback + Striker but I would sign a decent central midfielder asap!

I dont think Jagielka would do anything more than Carsley or Neville in midfield so I would only buy him for Defensive Cover.

Surely our highest priority should be central midfield. Cahill, Carlsey, and Phil. If we are to get anywere in Europe were gunna need at least 1 Quality central midfielder like Barton or Manny if not both of them. Because we can't start hitting long balls to Johnson next season again can we like carlsey + Neville do often.

Everyone would realise if we did get a central midfielder who can pass what we are missing, Johnson would actully score and get into alot more dangerous positions.

Left Midfield is a priority to aswell as Leftback + Striker but I would sign a decent central midfielder asap!

I dont think Jagielka would do anything more than Carsley or Neville in midfield so I would only buy him for Defensive Cover.

I think we all realise we need a left midfielder, fernandez as well would be a brucy bonus