IGNORED

Nolan

From thePeople..

BOLTON are prepared to sell midfielder Kevin Nolan in a shock move which has alerted Everton, West Ham, Manchester City and Premier League new boys Sunderland.

Hotline understands the Liverpool-born star, valued around £4.5million, may be allowed to leave the Reebok this summer, with new boss Sammy Lee looking to re-shape Bolton's midfield and stamp his authority on the club.

Nolan, 25 later this month, has two seasons left on his contract. He was an integral part of Bolton's success under former boss Sam Allardyce, offering a scoring threat from midfield and a consistent level of performance.

The news that Nolan is up for grabs has triggered interest from a chunk of the Premiership outside the top four - with Everton sure to be leading the way.

After losing out on Joey Barton, who moved from Manchester City to Newcastle last week, Goodison boss David Moyes is keen to make a bid.

Moyes is eager to sign a goal-scoring midfielder - and wants to boost the size of his squad size with his team back in the Uefa Cup next season.

For £4.5M it would be a great bit of business. Would be a bit concerned through if Notlob are that keen to get rid. He didn't seem to match the previous standard of performance he set for himself in the season just gone and and year or two ago it looked as if his next move would be to one of the 'top 4' clubs, and he was pushing on the door of an England call-up.

Still take him, a goalscoring option from the midfield and a move may be all he needs to rejuvenate his career. Would expect Big Sam to be competing for him too though whether or not they have Barton and I don't think he would go as cheaply as £4.5 M.

To be honest, I havn't seen much of him. From what I hear is is a good alround midfielder who can score a goal or 2. I think he would be a good signing, maybe he would be replace Osman? Or if he is the all rounder I hear about- a long term replacement for Carsley? Don't know about the latter comparison though......

One of the most under rated players in the Premiership. He's been one of the most consistant midfielders in the last few years, propper grafter and scores goals for fun. He'd fit in great but I know people would prefer to see us get Fernandes if it was either or. We've been without any real flair in the team for so long it's understandable, it would be nice to see some flowing football for a change.

He is one of the main reasons why Bolton have been a consistant team outside the top 4. Very good and under valued player - £4.5M would be a steal. Can't see big Sam going for him as he now has other areas of the team to sort our after getting Barton.

But £4.5M seems to good to be true. If he is leaving Bolton, my guess is that there will be plenty of clubs interested and any fee will grow from £4.5M.

Might be a good ploy by Bolton start the biding low- so plenty of clubs become interested and raise the price. Rather than coming out with 'listen to £10M offers,' and most clubs get scared off and the price has to come down.

Very much in agreement with RuffRob. Nolan would be a SOLID buy for the club. Let's not forget he's been Bolton's captain in the past, has his best years ahead of him in age terms, and in the 2005/06 season was in the top 5 best midfielders in the Premiership, outscoring a lot of far more expensive forwards!

But I CAN remember thinking that season, "Kevin Nolan??? But he's average!". I think he's ready to take the next step in his career and was going stale at Bolton. It depends how you use him as well. Bolton's 3 up front last season was a bit stifling to his goalscoring antics.

Could be a fantastic purchase and well worth a gamble in that he IS a Premiership player right from the word go.