IGNORED

Papa Bouba Diop

From the People

MOYES DIGS DIOP

DAVID MOYES looks like winning the race to sign Fulham midfielder Papa Bouba Diop. Portsmouth have been keen to secure the Senegalese giant but a £2.5m bid by Everton will put an end to their interest.

Not sure...he's defensive isn't he? Left/right sided? £2.5m would seem reasonable anyway for a squad addition if he can play a bit..

Edited by MikeO

no, you can't say yaya is better than diop...i'm guessing you haven't even seen yaya play too.

you can't compare people from different leagues, especially when the premiership is one.

diop have proven a strong and talented premiership player.

yaya might have more potential yes.

as for mikeo...does it matter if he's right or left? defensive mid is a defensive mid

doesn't fill me with confidence if Diop is going to be coming to Goodison - and he injury prone for my liking - bought to many injury prone players in the past in my opinion, and it never works.

To quote Colman in January

"We know Bouba is a good player. But he is no good to us if he is injured and he has been injured too much."

A 'stocking filler' signing at best for me

dont know about this fella, had a great season before last but was nowhere to be seen last year. No doubt he is talented but from what i heard is a bit of a asshole off the field, dont know if he would fit in.

A lot of players are assholes off the pitch, too much money to be kind and generous people.

I think he would be a great signing, we need strength in the midfield. Oh and diop is not going to be more injury prone than VD Meyde now then is he...

A lot of players are assholes off the pitch, too much money to be kind and generous people.

I think he would be a great signing, we need strength in the midfield. Oh and diop is not going to be more injury prone than VD Meyde now then is he...

Being less injury prone than VDM is hardly and argument in bringing a player to Goodison.

As I said OK as a squad player, but at 29 years old is not going to be Carsley's long term replacement. Considering the current market rate (West Ham want £10M for Reo Coker, turned down £8M apparently), then £2.5M is not a bad price to a reasonable midfeilder, when fit.

Being less injury prone than VDM is hardly and argument in bringing a player to Goodison.

As I said OK as a squad player, but at 29 years old is not going to be Carsley's long term replacement. Considering the current market rate (West Ham want £10M for Reo Coker, turned down £8M apparently), then £2.5M is not a bad price to a reasonable midfeilder, when fit.

Yeah, rob, I think he would be here to make up the numbers, we all know we need a couple of quality signings, but just as important we need the bit part players who bulk up the squad

he had a season of injury...that doesn't make him exactly injury prone...thats like calling henry or cahill injury prone...

he was a very good, very talented, very strong player the season before last thats why there were so amny suitors at 4 times the price.

id be delighted with this

Think the marktet for players is going a bit mad this summer, with the new TV money and new owners.

When you hear rumours of

Reo Coker - £10M

Darren Bent - £17M

AJ - £20M+

Nugent - £7M

Gareth Bale - £5M raising up to £10M

Curtis Davies - £10M

Chris Gunter - £??M Ridsdale of cardiff is talking up as similar to Bale !!!

Jenas £10M

We may be better off this year in picking up potential bargains in your Diop's, Jagielka's and Kapo's. Some clubs are going to be having money burning a hole in their pockets this summer, we maybe better off out of the bussiness end of the transfer market this summer, even if it mean we could potentially lose two or three league positions next summer. We haven't the finances to compeate - So Moyes may have to be a little creative with his spending this summer.

We struggle to pay the going rate, never mind over the odds.

i wonder how much Diop would be up for sale if people like west ham or portsmouth were interested in him instead of us ?

Im sure if egg for a head eggert came knocking, Diop's price would rise to a cracking £6million

At least we know that when we do sign a player, we wont be ripped off on the price tag. A club will see that we are interested, think "they have no money but we want shot of this player" and sell him to us at a decent price

west ham, pompey however will sign similar quality players than us but at huge inflated prices

Personally, id like to see Diop come to Goodison. You dont turn into a shite player over night, one year ago he was touted as a signing for Man Utd !