IGNORED

Transfers......?

It's always like this.. take Johann Vogel. Even the official Everton homepage told us we were close to securing him. And maybe we still are? But it's been weeks now since that.. Moyes, I really hope you'll finish the transfer. He will be a good addition to the midfield. for free.

And what about the midfield? Lucho Gonzales? Don't we have enough midfielders already??

Now even Pienaar. Midfield is no problem! And £10 for Gonzales is way too much.

I don't even believe we have that money. And if we do, we should use £6 on Baines and maybe £5 on a new striker, now believing that Beattie is gone and Vaughan and Cahill are out for a while. And now even Johnson,I've heard..?

If we get Baines, the defence is complete. I will be one happy man if that deal is clinched!

But I'm really worried about the lack of transfer activity and especially upfront where we definitely need another striker now.

It's lame waking up every morning checking evertonfc.com and see no changes.

The Nugent-deal is gone.

The Smith-deal is gone.

The Braaten-deal is gone.

The Vogel-deal is....put on ice?

The Gonzales-deal is...a risky deal.

I'm very happy with Pienaar,though. He will be a great man this season!

I also believe Jagielka will fit perfectly in.

And the two contract extensions of Arteta and Cahill are probably the best signings this summer. But I hope for at least 2 more additions to the squad. We need it to fight in the UEFA-cup. One class striker and hopefully Vogel.

STRIKER,MOYES!

I too still agree that we need a striker to be able to compete. Now that Beattie is gone we surely MUST be looking at this side of things.

As last season has shown, Vaughan has terrible luck with injuries, Johnson gets knocked about a bit plowing that lone furrow up front, and Cahill (as the support role) isn't fully fit still. Anichebe is still learning and picks up yellow cards, and the other youngsters are unproven.

Look at Spurs and Liverpool. An embarrassment of riches up front. I for one don't want to see us grinding out 0-0 draws away from home like the last few seasons. It places too much pressure on the defence and this causes errors. In Europe where defences are harder to break down, especially through the middle, we'll need another top quality striker who can stick them away just as well as Johnson can, if not better.

£11 mil for an Argentine playmaker? What good is that if he doesn't have anyone up front to put in behind the last man with a clever pass?

Let's get a proven goalscorer in with the cash please. Or maybe someone who can play equally well on the flank and upfront, that would be nice.

I'm dreaming again aren't I? :(

its hard to sign a striker when no ones out there someone please tell me who we could sign thats a proven goal scorer that would come and we can afford i would love to get luis you say we dont need midfielders we have carsley and neville playing in there lol think we could improve it just slighty!!!!

The Nugent-deal is gone.

The Smith-deal is gone.

i dont understand any of the above. when did we attempt to sign smith, nugent and braaten ? surely unless the club say we have bid for players, we are not in for them ? the vogel deal could be completed this week for all we know, the club dont need to inform us of progress.

Why is buying a midfield playmaker with european experience risky ?? everybody has been crying out for midfielder to take the pressure off of arteta and he could be the one. Also, AVDM could well be a huge asset next season

If you take a look at the goals scored last season, apart from AJ, most of the goals came from the midfield which shows our midfielders are happy to push on and weigh in with the goals.

sometimes we do try to grind out 0-0 draws but whats wrong with that ?? chelsea hardly go out all guns ablazing neither do the RS, they finish in the top 4 every season !! you cant win every game

signing Gonzalez will be a class signing, a striker needs to be bought, but wouldnt u rather us sign Lucho than Jerome Thomas, Jason Roberts etc.. becuase there the type of player we will sign to use while vaughans out. I know Thomas is a left winger but he's still shit, let moyes do his job with no one on his back and we might actually sign a few players.

I agree when you have chance to sign some1 of luchos quality u don't let is pass by even if the position isn't number one on the agenda.

But when paying 11m for him, when u cud have manny for 8m seems slightly bewildering to me.

In terms of our money available i'd definately go for bouazza, going for 4m can play on wing or up front and is better than aforementioned thomas, roberts etc..

The facts are that;

1) We won't be signing Lucho as he wouldn't want to come to us, and wages would be a problem also.

2) If and when Baines signs, a striker is first priority, then a genuine winger, then Vogel if we are to have a balanced squad.

3) If we do have eleven million to spend, then Moyes won't blow it on one player untried and untested in the Prem. Unless the bid is another propaganda tool for his royal bullshitter, KENWRIGHT!

The Nugent-deal is gone.

The Smith-deal is gone.

i dont understand any of the above. when did we attempt to sign smith, nugent and braaten ? surely unless the club say we have bid for players, we are not in for them ? the vogel deal could be completed this week for all we know, the club dont need to inform us of progress.

Why is buying a midfield playmaker with european experience risky ?? everybody has been crying out for midfielder to take the pressure off of arteta and he could be the one. Also, AVDM could well be a huge asset next season

If you take a look at the goals scored last season, apart from AJ, most of the goals came from the midfield which shows our midfielders are happy to push on and weigh in with the goals.

sometimes we do try to grind out 0-0 draws but whats wrong with that ?? chelsea hardly go out all guns ablazing neither do the RS, they finish in the top 4 every season !! you cant win every game

Well. David Nugent was a hot topic earlier this summer. But we didn't get him. Maybe just as good. I think £6 mill for him is a bit too much. To Alan Smith I'm also a bit sceptical, but I think he could've added depth to the squad, at least as we need another striker. Braaten was just a rumour. As a Norwegian myself, I don't think he would be a good addition, but he rumour was cool enough. hehe. He's been to much on the bench in Rosenborg. He will probably be a flop at Bolton, but I hope not:-) Vogel I really hope for.. I like him. And I would like him to be an Everton-player. But maybe not if we sign Lucho Gonzales? With "risky" I mean it would be risky to use such a great amount of money on a midfielder when we already have plenty of them. Why not use £11mill on a world-class striker?

But anyway. Lucho is a world-class midfielder. I really hope we'll get him. But we also need a striker.

And I say that is the number one concern...

I think we need cover for stikers not a worldclass stiker. I have a feeling Big Vic could work we'll in a creative 442 with AJ alongside him. Everyone wanted AMith because he gave the defneders a hard time and would give AJ more space. We'll I think Bi Vic can do taht job and get more goals than smith.