IGNORED

England Team

What do you all reckon capello will do with the team? i.e will he drop players, bring ppl in.

I think he will keep the back 4 the same, Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, Richards even thou i think Lescott should get LB i think cole will end up their.

Im puzzled by the Midfield as Lampard and Gerrard are Awful 2gether and i think he mite include Ashley young in his Squad as he has been on fire lately, has pace to burn, and can put a deadly ball into the box, then J,cole could go on the Right wing where he belongs.

Rooney and ????? upfront.

the keepers position is a hard one to pick.

I'd drop both Gerrard and Lampard because they're both crap for England. Barry can replace Lamps no bother IMO, maybe Osman will get a go lol.

I don't see why Cole would be LB when Bridge is ahead of him at Chelsea seemingly. Quite why Richards gets picked at RB is beyond me, yes he's good there but he plays CB for City week in week out. It just smacks of trying to fit as many good players in as possible, fuck their positions.

Rooney and Owen it'll be upfront. Not that I think either should play tbh. Owen needs a proper recovery period and Rooney hasn't played well for England since he left us.

Would like to see new faces in the squad seeing as its only a friendly, and we will be playing friendlies for a while yet. :rolleyes:

Ashley Young, Theo Walcott, and Aaron Lennon all stand a chance out wide, Lescott should be a cert in defence but you never know, and how about Agbonlahor and James Vaughan as outsiders for up front. Joe cole could drop back into midfield to play with Gerrard or Lampard seeing as that was always his position at West Ham. And if Baines had been playing regular for us he might have been in with a shout.

Could be an interesting first squad.

I think Capello will take chances with his squad (not so much with his tactics I regret )

I don't think he will pick Lescott ,the press mauled his arse when he played for England. Will he be brave enough to pick Osman ,because Lampard shouldn't be given any more chances in my opinion

Does anyone else reckon Beckham should be in the squad for any competitive matches?