IGNORED

Shock News From The Fc Sion Game

He hasnt turned his back on us because we are paying him a hansom salary for doing nothing, if my job done that i wouldnt turn my back on them either! I appreciate your senitiment around if he was fit he would be one of our best players etc etc this maybe true based on his ability when we first signed him, however as stated 35 games in 5 years? no matches last season? surely this points out that you will have lost some of the ability you previously had no matter how early you came back to pre season. Given, he got MOTM the other day, against a poor team who beat us 1-0 which to me means we didnt play our best. I would love to be proved wrong as would licker i would imagine but i bet if you look back to the start of each season you would see similiar posts to this about shandy being fit is like a new player blah blah blah. Any how I for one wont be holding my breath on this one.

Edited by scouse

was once a very gifted player, if he would have managed to fullfil his potential he could have been great. only andy will know why this didnt happen, there plenty of rumour of why, booze, drugs, women, mental, whatever it was is a shame. i agree a fully fit van der mayde would be one of our better players, but i dont think we will manage to see it. hes got one year left to show something if he still wants to be a footballer this time next year

You all clearly don't realise what a great player Andy Van Der Meyde is. If he could sort his attitude problems out he'd be fucking quality.

You mean was mate, 6 years of non participation has taken its toll. When his contract is up here he will disappear into the Blue bermuda triangle never to be seen again. Cant even get 2nd division clubs to take him on loan. :D

He's not going to stage this amazing comeback. Lets not be all deranged here. The man has done nothing for a fortune and robbed us of a quality player ie his wages could have gone to someone else. The only reason we are talking about this is that he has realised he needs to play for another contract (not here!) and live the lavish lifestyle he's become acustommed too. Good luck to the club that signs him as he will suck there club fund dry. He was a great prospect but it never materialised and I will be happier when he's gone.

Am not going to say anymore on this topic. I hope he turns out good in the end. Well said blueboy were meant to back our players.

Oh and by the way Everton_Worshiper why the fuck have you got nugent as your avatar hes fuckin shit :S I mean if he played for us then yeah but he doesnt even play for us for fuck sake!

I think this topic should be closed cos most of the language is just bad language either way am not replying to Everton_Worshiper or anyone else :)

Well let's all not argue about Andy, I can see why people are angry because he has let himself down and the club. Andy is going to have to pull of some Rocky style comeback off if he wants to win over the majority of us fans. Yes, once upon a time Van der Meyde was a class act and probably does still possess some ability, the question though is fitness. The premiership is an unforgiving league which is based around fitness first then ability. If Van der Meyde gets fit this pre season he has to maintain it (which will be hard considering he is more injury prone than big Dunc), secondley he has to win over Davie Moyes, which is going to be a massive ask seeing that he has let him down time and time again.

I would love Van der Meyde to come good because he does have better technical ability than Arteta and Pienarr, but he obviously isn't as proffesional as the aforementioned players or as fit. Andy has made the come back speech every season so far and hasn't done it. Last chance saloon I think, its down to Andy to prove us all wrong. Lets not get wrapped up anymore in this debate, I don't think he will even complete pre-season.

why the fuck have you got nugent as your avatar hes fuckin shit :S I mean if he played for us then yeah but he doesnt even play for us for fuck sake!

I think this topic should be closed cos most of the language is just bad language either way am not replying to Everton_Worshiper or anyone else :)

:o:o :o :lol::D:lol::D

I want to see him fit and playing for a couple of reasons.

a) If he proves the doubters wrong we could have a great player in the team.

B) If he proves the doubters right, at least he will be remembered and we may be able to offload him.

c) We are not exactly well catered for with players, and no matter how far he may have sunk, he is better on the pitch in blue than just having 9 players start a game.

OK ok I am pushing it a bit with the last point :D

• 2 weeks later...

Have a look at this....

By all accounts he tormented the full backs for 90 mins.

First up, he actually lasted 90 mins, and from the pictures we've seen hes lost the pounds.

...he's barely missed a day, training on his own if he had to, working with the injured lads, doing all he can to get fit.

ive gained a little respect back for him now, if hes tryin as hard as ive heard then im looking forward to seein him pay us back this season.

just thought id share that with you guys

Great, encouraging post....but the problem (which I hid) is that it's from almost exactly two years ago :) .

Deja vu maybe :mellow: .

Still hope he proves us all wrong though.

Mick Rathbone...

“Andy’s is a significant injury I’m afraid. He’s pulled his hamstring. It’s quite bad so we’ve sent him back to the training ground for a scan. It’s so disappointing for Andy, he’s trained so hard this pre-season and he was doing well.”