IGNORED

Johnny Heitinga

MikeO

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a horrible feeling that the is going to reject us with 6 hours to go and we dont get a replacement. same with Ever, this is just all a little too worrying.

but, if we do get him and Banega... OH WOW! we will have some serious skills in the team and Moyes will have a headache trying to pick his starting 11! the joy! :thumbsup_anim:

http://www.voetbalcentraal.nl/nieuws/35849/john-heitinga-wil-niet-weg-bij-atletico-madrid

Several dutch sites report that heitinga doens't want to leave Atletico for Everton.

He is quoted in the article:

I was in the starting eleven against malaga, So i don't think the boss wants me to leave. i don't want to leave.

I also found this article. hopefully Pienaar can convince him.

http://thesoccerpages.com/site/?q=Pienaar+hopeful+of+reunion+with+Heitinga+1423

http://209.85.229.132/translate_c?hl=en&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http://www.nos.nl/nosstudiosport/artikelen/2009/8/31/31081655atlticoakkoordmetbodheitinga.html&prev=hp&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhgKd0ZJPYBVzvaGhU_lZWizm9GjcA

He doesn't want to leave, could end up quite embarrassing. You would think Everton would do their homework (tap up if you will), to see if the guy actually wants to come.

http://209.85.229.132/translate_c?hl=en&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http://www.nos.nl/nosstudiosport/artikelen/2009/8/31/31081655atlticoakkoordmetbodheitinga.html&prev=hp&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhgKd0ZJPYBVzvaGhU_lZWizm9GjcA

He doesn't want to leave, could end up quite embarrassing. You would think Everton would do their homework (tap up if you will), to see if the guy actually wants to come.

You never know... could be the player's agent trying to talk a better wage deal...

I've been aeway for a week but it's good to see that nothing changes with the Everton transfer saga.

When I went away we had got the permit for Banega but now say we no longer want him as he's cup tied in Europe... hmmm, cup tied or did the club not think they'd get the permit and sh1t themself when they did so made an alternative reason up???

Also, we seem to have spent the last 4 days or so of the window agreeing a feee with a club for a player that does not want to leave... would this not be the first question you ask a player/ agent even before bothering to negotiate a fee with the club? Ask to speak to a player yes, spend time agreeing a fee with the club and not bother to see if the player wants to leave?!?!?!?

Add to that we are offering less money and a higher tax system why the fork would he want to leave???

Same old Blues, stumbling their way through the window failing to sign any of the "big" targets and overspending (in my opinion) on the players they have brought in.

I've been aeway for a week but it's good to see that nothing changes with the Everton transfer saga.

When I went away we had got the permit for Banega but now say we no longer want him as he's cup tied in Europe... hmmm, cup tied or did the club not think they'd get the permit and sh1t themself when they did so made an alternative reason up???

Also, we seem to have spent the last 4 days or so of the window agreeing a feee with a club for a player that does not want to leave... would this not be the first question you ask a player/ agent even before bothering to negotiate a fee with the club? Ask to speak to a player yes, spend time agreeing a fee with the club and not bother to see if the player wants to leave?!?!?!?

Add to that we are offering less money and a higher tax system why the fork would he want to leave???

Same old Blues, stumbling their way through the window failing to sign any of the "big" targets and overspending (in my opinion) on the players they have brought in.

Who says we have failed with any of the big targets? Big targets based on whose say so? Tabloid newspapers that have a job to do and link about 40 players every summer with every Prem side? Who says 'Billy' wasn't a top target? I'm not necessarily disagreeing, I'm just saying that we are all working from pure conjecture. We can't have it all ways. Next June we can ask Moyes to publicly issue his list of targets and then wait for the price to double on them all? Just a bit of devil's advocate..

Who says we have failed with any of the big targets? Big targets based on whose say so? Tabloid newspapers that have a job to do and link about 40 players every summer with every Prem side? Who says 'Billy' wasn't a top target? I'm not necessarily disagreeing, I'm just saying that we are all working from pure conjecture. We can't have it all ways. Next June we can ask Moyes to publicly issue his list of targets and then wait for the price to double on them all? Just a bit of devil's advocate..

Or Kenwrights PR guy?

Or Kenwrights PR guy?

LOL - fair comment Captain Ferguson. I assure you I am nothing to do with the club (I wish!). Project Manager in Suffolk if that helps distance me sufficiently. However, fully acknowledge that I am a strong defender of the club in general and mostly take the positive side of things. Respect the varying views on here, mine just happen to be at one end of the spectrum.

Do I think Kenwright has done a good job for our club? All things considered, I do. Hopefully I have clarified where I stand - don't really feel I ought to, but nor do I think it fair that people start speculating that I'm a club representative just because my comments are considered as overly positive.

LOL - fair comment Captain Ferguson. I assure you I am nothing to do with the club (I wish!). Project Manager in Suffolk if that helps distance me sufficiently. However, fully acknowledge that I am a strong defender of the club in general and mostly take the positive side of things. Respect the varying views on here, mine just happen to be at one end of the spectrum.

Do I think Kenwright has done a good job for our club? All things considered, I do. Hopefully I have clarified where I stand - don't really feel I ought to, but nor do I think it fair that people start speculating that I'm a club representative just because my comments are considered as overly positive.

Too right you don't have to justify yourself to people on here.

Well, we failed to sign Naughton, look to be failing to bring in Banega, the Heitinga deal looks to be going the wrong way... so the 3 bids we know of all seems to have gone t1ts up.

Add to that the very fact that we have not been making bids for more players and I find that in itself very worrying.

Not looking to argue, just reassuring to know that even after a week away from toffeetalk and transfer speculation we are no further on. Moyes talks of "doing it different this year" but never does. Whether that is linked to finances or otherwise it's still a load of nonsense. In fact, if the only money we had was the Lescott money, and Moyes didn't want to sell that meant we had no transfer kitty at all so how did we bid for Naughton and why did Moyes come out and say he'd make signings early on if we had no money? I just cannot understand the club at all. Don't understand why Moyes signed a new contract if we wasn't given assurances over having a decent amount to spend as all he did last summer was complain about having no cash.

Anyway, back to topic, if we don't open the wallet and offer this fella more money than he is currently on as a minimim then we won't get him and will have wasted 4 days on a player for nothing. Window slams shut and we are one unproven (in the Prem) Russian player who has just finished a full Russian season to the good and 4 squad players lighter... for me that is a step backwards whilst those around us have move forwards quite a lot in some regards

Well, we failed to sign Naughton, look to be failing to bring in Banega, the Heitinga deal looks to be going the wrong way... so the 3 bids we know of all seems to have gone t1ts up.

Add to that the very fact that we have not been making bids for more players and I find that in itself very worrying.

Not looking to argue, just reassuring to know that even after a week away from toffeetalk and transfer speculation we are no further on. Moyes talks of "doing it different this year" but never does. Whether that is linked to finances or otherwise it's still a load of nonsense. In fact, if the only money we had was the Lescott money, and Moyes didn't want to sell that meant we had no transfer kitty at all so how did we bid for Naughton and why did Moyes come out and say he'd make signings early on if we had no money? I just cannot understand the club at all. Don't understand why Moyes signed a new contract if we wasn't given assurances over having a decent amount to spend as all he did last summer was complain about having no cash.

Anyway, back to topic, if we don't open the wallet and offer this fella more money than he is currently on as a minimim then we won't get him and will have wasted 4 days on a player for nothing. Window slams shut and we are one unproven (in the Prem) Russian player who has just finished a full Russian season to the good and 4 squad players lighter... for me that is a step backwards whilst those around us have move forwards quite a lot in some regards

We can't offer him more money than he's on. We have a wage cap, believed to be £50k/w. If we offer him wages over, then players like Yakubu, Arteta, Cahill etc. will all want raises.

Lol, fair dues lad. At least you took it in good spirit, with your respectful yet insightful reply. Unlike some knits hovering over the cow pat, waiting to strike lol.

Edited by CaptainFerguson10

Being Belgian, I visit some Dutch football sites (we speak the same language and there's a great lack of good Belgian football sites) so I think I can say that I know quite a lot of Dutch football and I think he could be a real quality signing. He's got good fighting spirit and he's quite versatile. As has been said before, he can play centre back, right back and even defensive midfield. Don't be fooled by the fact that Atletico wants to let him go for less then they bought him just a year ago. He scores quite a lot for a defender, has a good cross pass, plays with a lot of devotion... He's the kind of player that becomes a fan's favourite in just a few weeks I reckon.

A wage structure which is based in the dark ages by current standards and the reason why we are unable to sign any big name players whatsoever.

Oh yes the dark old days where clubs paid players wages based on their ability to sustain said payments.

Those were dark days indeed. :lol:

Have I missed something when did we say we no longer wanted him?

Friend just called me to say that they said on Radio City that he's signed :blink:

I'm working in Derby so can't get Radio City, anyone else heard this? Can't see anything anywhere else. Not sure if he's miss heard or if they are reporting this.

I will go and pop the radio on, might as well Ive got SSN on and Im trwling the tinterweb every 5 mins anyway.

Dont you just love transfer deadline day!!

I will go and pop the radio on, might as well Ive got SSN on and Im trwling the tinterweb every 5 mins anyway.

Dont you just love transfer deadline day!!

I can see SSN and nothing has been said there. If Radio City are reporting we've signed him I think that they may just be jmping the gun. They've got reports like this wrong in the past and would not be surprised if they have got it wrong again. Probably reporting it early and assuming we have signed him so they can claim an exclusive B)