IGNORED

Johnny Heitinga

MikeO

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great that this one has come off, was hoping for maybe another midfielder but you cant win em all :P

got a great team together and some good strength in depth when we get the spine of our team full fit and raring to go (yak,mikky,jags)

I still think we are a little lightweight in numbers.

I would have liked to have seen Bentley here because it would have given Bily time to settle in

Said on SSN that Liverpool and City were no goes for Bentley

Now Kenwright says he is still working on things on SSN!?!?..........im intreagued :blink:

They said he was on Merseyside so i think they Assumed it would be for Lpool, W ould be nice if this was a last minute deal.

Which just goes to show you how we have made a mistake in not signing cover for left back. One injury to Baines and our entire defence needs to be rearranged with 2 players moving and 1 sub coming in. When we had Lescott it was much easier for him to move across and Yobo to slot in, less movement.

The defence needs to remain solid and as static as possible and not having cover for LB means wholsesale changes which can cause all kinds of problems.

At least we've got this one in the bag and he can play RB and CB if anything happens to Distin or JoYo

Which just goes to show you how we have made a mistake in not signing cover for left back. One injury to Baines and our entire defence needs to be rearranged with 2 players moving and 1 sub coming in. When we had Lescott it was much easier for him to move across and Yobo to slot in, less movement.

The defence needs to remain solid and as static as possible and not having cover for LB means wholsesale changes which can cause all kinds of problems.

At least we've got this one in the bag and he can play RB and CB if anything happens to Distin or JoYo

not once jags is back tho. Distan to LB and yobo and jags in the middle.

I may be wrong but hasnt Neville played LB for us before? Im convinced he has an didnt do a bad job either!

Neville was England LB which is why signing Heitinga gives us a lot of options as we now have both Rodwell and Heitinga who can cover Neville should we want Neville to play either RB or LB.