Photo

Man Of The Match V Fulham

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: MOTM @ Fulham (29 member(s) have cast votes)

??

1. Tim Howard (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Tony Hibbert (4 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

3. Joseph Yobo (3 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

4. Sylvain Distin (11 votes [37.93%])

Percentage of vote: 37.93%

5. Leighton Baines (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Phil Neville (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Jack Rodwell (1 votes [3.45%])

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

8. Leon Osman (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Jo (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Tim Cahill (7 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

11. Steven Pienaar (2 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

12. Johnny Heitinga (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Marouane Fellaini (1 votes [3.45%])

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

14. Ayegbeni Yakubu (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,478 posts

Posted 13 Sep 2009 - 16:40

Posted Image

Posted Image

Current Player of the Year standings....

Rodwell 62

Pienaar 44

Saha 30

Fellaini 12

Hibbert 10

Distin 8

Fellaini 7

Baines 6

Bilyaletdinov 3

Neville 2

Cahill 2

Joo Alves J 2

Osman 1

Howard 1

Gosling 1

Yobo 1

MOTM winners....

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

#2 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 13 Sep 2009 - 17:37

I went for Hibbert. Very consistant performance, strong at the back and got himself involved well with movements forwards.

A few players had good moments but few had consistant performances.

Rodwell was ok, but went missing, Pienaar was threatening but had no end product and Cahill had his moments but was too quiet over all.

#3 CaptainFerguson10

CaptainFerguson10

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 Sep 2009 - 18:02

Distin. He was one of the few who looked like he knew what he was doing, but my word what a shocking second half!

#4 Ian C

Ian C

100% Guaranteed Irish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 13 Sep 2009 - 18:04

Yobo for me

#5 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 13 Sep 2009 - 18:10

I went for Hibbert although I thought Distin was ok and Piennar was good first half.

Not even going to mention the second half!

#6 milky71

milky71

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 Sep 2009 - 18:21

same as i've said for a long time pienaar no end product cahill apart from his goals which are great he's not a quality player and rodwell is still learning

#7 foobiezw

foobiezw

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 01:37

Distin.

He did look abit shaky after his accidental deflection, but he still played better than the rest of the team in the second half.

#8 The Beard

The Beard

Joe Royle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 08:46

So so disappointing AGAIN. On paper, yes I know it's only paper, BUT after Arsenal we had a decent chance to get some major points on the board but we are blowing it big time. To say Fulham where poor is an understatement, yet they ground out the three points or rather gifted three points. I can't believe we played 15 minutes or so without a striker on the pitch until we went a goal down, I just don't get that at all. For man of the match I gave it to Cahill beacuae of his endeavour and really there was nothing else to get excited about...............on a lighter note, I got home for last orders anyway. B)

#9 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,478 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 08:49

...............on a lighter note, I got home for last orders anyway. B)

You should have put that in the "positives so far this season" thread....it's struggling a bit and every little helps :) .

#10 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 08:51

same as i've said for a long time pienaar no end product cahill apart from his goals which are great he's not a quality player and rodwell is still learning

Are you on drugs? He sets up most of our goals and even if he doesnt play the final ball 90% of the time he is involved in the build up.
With Arteta out he is our only creative midfielder

#11 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 08:54

So so disappointing AGAIN. On paper, yes I know it's only paper, BUT after Arsenal we had a decent chance to get some major points on the board but we are blowing it big time. To say Fulham where poor is an understatement, yet they ground out the three points or rather gifted three points. I can't believe we played 15 minutes or so without a striker on the pitch until we went a goal down, I just don't get that at all. For man of the match I gave it to Cahill beacuae of his endeavour and really there was nothing else to get excited about...............on a lighter note, I got home for last orders anyway. B)

Yeah I agree when the fixture list came out and I saw Fulham, Burnley and Wigan I was expecting to get at least 3 wins from our first 4 but by August I was expecting 4 defeats out of 4 so I suppose I should be happy!

#12 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,505 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 09:23

As its already been said there was no performance from any individual on either side to get me excited, but i still thought Distin was as good as anybody on the pitch. Therefore he gets my vote. :)

#13 Wirral Wizard

Wirral Wizard

Mikel Arteta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 09:37

A poor performance. We lacked any creativity at all and against teams like Fulham I think we should go to a 4-4-2 formation and be more positive.

I thought Yobo and Distin looked a vulnerable partnership and I can see us leaking goals against better teams. For MOM it would be between Pienaar and Rodwell for me. Pienaar because he worked tirelessly for the cause and Rodwell because he didn't give the ball away. But it's difficult to choose anyone on that performance.

#14 craigb

craigb

King Louis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 12:53

i picked pienaar, as i thought he tried his best in every situation, unlike a few that seemed to just be goin thru the gears

#15 Sgt Pepper

Sgt Pepper

Beaver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 13:04

I picked Cahill that was amazing goal wasnt too bad all round, Hibbert and Pienaar played well.

#16 Churinga2

Churinga2

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 14:51

Are you on drugs? He sets up most of our goals and even if he doesnt play the final ball 90% of the time he is involved in the build up.

be that as it may, he was no where to be seen yesterday.
I'm giving it to cahill.

#17 Maghull70

Maghull70

Dave Watson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 15:03

I'm with Milky. Dont get me wrong I think Pienaar is a good player but as Milky said, there generally is no end product.

#18 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,505 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 15:21

I'm with Milky. Dont get me wrong I think Pienaar is a good player but as Milky said, there generally is no end product.

Thats right, because once he gives it to Cahill, Osman, Fellaini or Jo the move breaks down. How can you justify saying there is no end product when he has more assists than anybody in our side.

#19 craigb

craigb

King Louis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 15:39

Thats right, because once he gives it to Cahill, Osman, Fellaini or Jo the move breaks down. How can you justify saying there is no end product when he has more assists than anybody in our side.

your right bill

im fed up of hearing, no end product from pienaar, do you watch or go the game? You wil see pienaar works his socks off to not only win possession back for the team but he also starts attacks aswell. He will take the ball and pass it on, the most effective pass is a simple one, around 8 players on the pitch for everton dont comprehend this fact. When pienaar recieves the ball 3/4s up the field, when hes not having to covers baines arse, he will get to the line and put a ball in, failing that he'll hold posession and bring other players in.

#20 CaptainFerguson10

CaptainFerguson10

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 17:37

7 votes for Cahill, 4 for Hibbert?

must have entered on here the:
Posted Image

#21 KinseyG

KinseyG

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 17:38

your right bill

im fed up of hearing, no end product from pienaar, do you watch or go the game? You wil see pienaar works his socks off to not only win possession back for the team but he also starts attacks aswell. He will take the ball and pass it on, the most effective pass is a simple one, around 8 players on the pitch for everton dont comprehend this fact. When pienaar recieves the ball 3/4s up the field, when hes not having to covers baines arse, he will get to the line and put a ball in, failing that he'll hold posession and bring other players in.

I fully agree, he will get a few vital goals this season and he is always providing assists. always remember he wil drop back a little too, let baines run down the wing. im just not too sure about switching him to the right if billy plays. i think baines and pienaar work very well together

#22 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 17:47

be that as it may, he was no where to be seen yesterday.
I'm giving it to cahill.

Sorry I cant see your point.

I wasnt saying he was our man of the match yesterday(although I do think he was one of our better players in the first half) I was saying he is our most productive player when it comes to assists and so it is therefore totally ridiculous to say that there is no end product from him

#23 Churinga2

Churinga2

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 21:18

Sorry I cant see your point.

I wasnt saying he was our man of the match yesterday(although I do think he was one of our better players in the first half) I was saying he is our most productive player when it comes to assists and so it is therefore totally ridiculous to say that there is no end product from him

yes, and I agree with you, just wanted to say he wasn't playing good yesterday.
I'll try to be more clear in the future

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users