IGNORED

Neville For Skippa!

I feel as if people are saying the player with the most ability should be skipper, Steptoe is our only choice if leadership and experience has anything to do with holding the armband. For me this is a no-brainer.

ATB

Mac

he can indeedp lay in many positions but he isn't good in any of them, he's a godo bench player.... captain? please god no .... every1 talking about us moving forward, showing AMBITION, how is playing a decent player at best and a man u reject captain ambition?

i thought we were meant to be a big club?

Edited by CraccerC

As Mac said you dont get the captains armband based on talent, you get it on leadership skills and commitment etc

Nice one Mark.

but you get in the startign line-up on talent, and he shouldn't be good enough to be i nthe startign line-up, the sad thing is he will more than likely play because our midfield as stated before isn't as good as everyone thinks it is

Cracker, I can see where you are coming from mate, but a captain has an additional role to play, that is as the managers representative on the field of play. This is why so many Captains go on to management, they have the ability to perfom at a high level and supply leadership where and when it matters. For us Steptoe is the man.

ATB

Mac

His position is not the most important for us, id rather spend money in the MOST needed positions. Im not saying hes the best at what he does but its not essential to replace him.

F*cking good call Mark, we have made positive moves in the transfer market so far, let's focus on what needs looking at.

Tara says hello BTW Mark.

ATB

Mac

well considering its the DM role which is essentially the heart of the team, the rock that the team revolves around, the person that needs the msot intelligence and awareness and off the ball movement, i think thats its more than an essaentail area.... if we get lescott or anotehr CB then DM is next for me, then the wings

well considering its the DM role which is essentially the heart of the team, the rock that the team revolves around, the person that needs the msot intelligence and awareness and off the ball movement, i think thats its more than an essaentail area.... if we get lescott or anotehr CB then DM is next for me, then the wings

I dont the mr moyes singed a defensive midfielder like neville with the intention of replacing him a year later, I think the central mid is our strongest area and as mr moyes has proved, he makes a couple of additions each year of players who have got potential and their carriers ahead of them

craccerc said.........."so i cant c how its r strongest"

Davies, Osman, Cahill, Neville, Arteta............any club outside the top six would take any of these players, we are not bad in that department.

Would like to see a good left footer come in........(Downing, Boa Morte, Jagielka) and i would be very happy.

teh Neville issue is one that wont go away, you hear it every week on the radio after the match people will either phone in and slag him or sing his praises (on the same day) i was gutted when i heard we signed him, i got laughed at by my manc friends, not because we signed him, but because i was gutted. the thing they always said and they still do is: he will never let you down, always 100%. which i now agree with totally, and they said he wont be the best player in your team, but you'll notice when he's not there. again i agree, when he's not in our midfied we dont have the organisation, people get caught out of position, and no one really breaks up the play. now im not sayin he's the best, but hes the best we have at organising and leading the team, even at havin a go at the ref (no one else does it!) but he is also the best we can afford in that position, he has the most experience and wether anyone likes it or not shit players dont get the chance to stay at united for 10 years for nothin!

some people just cant get over the "fact" that hes a united "reject"

others appreciate what he bring to our team

i know what side of the fence im on

Im the side that appreciates what he does for the team week in week out, he f###ing gives us all for the team, and not many other players do that. You dont see Yobo, Osman or even Cahill doing that. They more often than not plod along when the going gets tough, but Phil's there giving his all no matter what. Anybody who can criticise him is just plain stupid. We dont have the money to go and buy a £10million quality DM, who more than likely would not show the commitment Phil does. So lay off him folks.

I'd take Phill Nevile over some jump-ship foreign international like valente or van der meyde any day. He cant change the game with a 50 yard cross-field pass or skin players but he knows his limits and plays to his strengths. Most of the stuff Neville does goes unnoticed - pressing every ball, breaking up play and winning posession, filling the holes, organising the players. Defending wasn't our main problem last year, scoring was. We need to look at bringing in at least 1 winger and cover for arteta and cahill.

craccerc said.........."so i cant c how its r strongest"

Davies, Osman, Cahill, Neville, Arteta............any club outside the top six would take any of these players,  we are not bad in that department.

Would like to see a good left footer come in........(Downing, Boa Morte, Jagielka) and i would be very happy.

davies, nah

osman possibly but a bottom half /struggling club

cahill, yeh probably although i still dont think he's that great

neville, hmmmmmm debatable on the bench yeh

arteta, well yes obviously

Im the side that appreciates what he does for the team week in week out, he f###ing gives us all for the team, and not many other players do that. You dont see Yobo, Osman or even Cahill doing that. They more often than not plod along when the going gets tough, but Phil's there giving his all no matter what. Anybody who can criticise him is just plain stupid. We dont have the money to go and buy a £10million quality DM, who more than likely would not show the commitment Phil does. So lay off him folks.

Agree, always gives 110% :)