#41 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,423 posts

Posted 05 Sep 2007 - 15:14

how many fans will come to Kharkov?

Difficult to say because the club haven't been notified of their allocation yet, but they're planning to run it as a day trip so with no overnights if the price is reasonable you'll get plenty :D .

#42 Metallist Kharkov

Metallist Kharkov

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 Sep 2007 - 16:09

Difficult to say because the club haven't been notified of their allocation yet, but they're planning to run it as a day trip so with no overnights if the price is reasonable you'll get plenty :D .

Mike, I am planning to fly over to London and take a train to Liverpool. That will save me more than $1500 if I take a direct fly from New York to Liverpool. I'd rather spend them in the bar with your crazy fanatics.
Do you think it is a good idea to go by train from London or perhaps to rent a car?

Vitaly K.

#43 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,423 posts

Posted 05 Sep 2007 - 18:09

Mike, I am planning to fly over to London and take a train to Liverpool. That will save me more than $1500 if I take a direct fly from New York to Liverpool. I'd rather spend them in the bar with your crazy fanatics.
Do you think it is a good idea to go by train from London or perhaps to rent a car?

Vitaly K.

Should think there wouldn't be much to choose on price, depends on personal preference. I'd go for a car personally but if you want to go in search of the local Vodka then go for the train and cabs. If you're looking for a cheap and cheerful hotel Travel Lodge (LINK) have a couple in Liverpool but there's also Travel Inn and Holiday Inn down by the docks, and a Campanile. All pretty much on a level.

#44 BlueBri

BlueBri

BlueBri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 Sep 2007 - 19:21

I would recommend the train from London. The reason being that the trains are regular and fast, especially after a long flight you could relax, and then you wouldn't have to worry aout the nightmaare of driving in Liverpool. Not a good place to drive if you are not from there. It' not far from the train station to most of the hotels either, and as an added bonus, drink driving would not be a worry either. Hope you have a good trip when you are over.

#45 Louis

Louis

Dixie Dean

• Admin
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 05 Sep 2007 - 20:14

I agree the train is probably the best route... 3-4 hours from London. Driving in Liverpool is a horrible experience, even if you are from the area :) Try and get a virgin train because they are quicker (up to 170mph apparently! - take 2 and a half hours, makes me wonder why I've never visited) and safer

#46 Josh Berno

Josh Berno

Your Mother

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 05 Sep 2007 - 20:18

Just to turn that question round how may of us will be going to the game abroad. The people on the Mettalist fourms want to know.

#47 Metallist Kharkov

Metallist Kharkov

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 Sep 2007 - 00:03

Thanks to you all. Railroad it is. If we ever meet, beer is on me!

Here is an interesting video presentation of Kharkiv:

Regards,
Vitaly k.

Edited by Metallist Kharkov, 06 Sep 2007 - 11:59.

#48 Josh Berno

Josh Berno

Your Mother

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 06 Sep 2007 - 14:38

I agree the train is probably the best route... 3-4 hours from London. Driving in Liverpool is a horrible experience, even if you are from the area :) Try and get a virgin train because they are quicker (up to 170mph apparently! - take 2 and a half hours, makes me wonder why I've never visited) and safer

Ye at lest you dont get blown up by terroists on the Tube. :D Only Messing. Yes do get the Virgin Train.

Edited by Josh Berno, 06 Sep 2007 - 14:41.

#49 MetallistFan

MetallistFan

Daniel Amokachi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 Oct 2007 - 13:38

Hello to evertonians!!! We are waiting for you in Kharkov.

#50 CraccerC

CraccerC

Simão Sabrosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 02 Oct 2007 - 13:58

Привет!, Как поживаешь MetallistFan? Простите, Я плохо говорю по-русски.

we are waiting too, slightly nervously

Edited by CraccerC, 02 Oct 2007 - 13:59.

#51 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,020 posts

Posted 02 Oct 2007 - 14:07

Ye at lest you dont get blown up by terroists on the Tube. :D Only Messing. Yes do get the Virgin Train.

real clever that, muppet!

#52 EFCfanatic

EFCfanatic

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 02 Oct 2007 - 14:15

Hi Metallist fan. How confident are you? We think we will nick a win here. What kind of tactics will you have do you think?

#53 MetallistFan

MetallistFan

Daniel Amokachi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 Oct 2007 - 14:35

Привет!, Как поживаешь MetallistFan? Простите, Я плохо говорю по-русски.

we are waiting too, slightly nervously

nervously? No you are not right understand me

I am just a fun of Metallist not hools, and i am friend of fans who was in Liverpool at first match. They like your city and especially pubs :rolleyes: . Is there people who was meeting my friends?

#54 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,423 posts

Posted 02 Oct 2007 - 18:28

Is there people who was meeting my friends?

They were just leaving the ground as I walked past the away supporters entrance after the game...funnily enough I wasn't in the mood for a chat :( .

Edit...and Craccer means he nervous about the result, not the "hools."

Edited by MikeO, 02 Oct 2007 - 18:29.

#55 CraccerC

CraccerC

Simão Sabrosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 03 Oct 2007 - 09:19

Pienaar and The Art switched wings a lot v Boro and that seemed to confuse them.

How about doing the simple thing and move Neville from midfield and put him right back. 2 birds 1 stone.

nervously? No you are not right understand me

I am just a fun of Metallist not hools, and i am friend of fans who was in Liverpool at first match. They like your city and especially pubs :rolleyes: . Is there people who was meeting my friends?

MikeO is right, I am nervous about the result, I'm not overly confident following our recent performances. Nothing against Ukraine at all, I would have loved to have gone.

#56 Dash

Dash

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 Oct 2007 - 22:33

Hello!
Maybe some of you will be interested in photos here of Everton fans from pubs in Kharkiv - If you see yourself there, say hi ;)
This game was a big event for my city. Thanks for everyone who came here :) Hope you all are feeling well because beer here is freaking cheap :D
And want to congratulate you with victory! The game was awesome!

#57 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,423 posts

Posted 05 Oct 2007 - 22:40

Nice pics Dash....thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

#58 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,492 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2007 - 07:23

Yeah nice one Dash, come back to the site and let us know how your team is progressing during the season, Good luck to Metalist Kharkiv, and thank you.

#59 Alexander

Alexander

Denis Stracqualursi

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 Oct 2007 - 10:32

Game Photo (Metallist - Everton (Kharkov, Ukraine)) - http://picasaweb.goo...listVsEverton23

#60 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,423 posts

Posted 05 Nov 2007 - 00:01

Just as a matter of interest Metalist won at Dinamo Kiev yesterday (keeping a clean sheet, which is more than Manure could do) to go equal on points with them in third place behind Shakhtar and Dnipro.
In hindsight we did really well to get past them.

#61 Randomness

Randomness

My Last Avatar Was Cursed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 05 Nov 2007 - 01:25

Just as a matter of interest Metalist won at Dinamo Kiev yesterday (keeping a clean sheet, which is more than Manure could do) to go equal on points with them in third place behind Shakhtar and Dnipro.
In hindsight we did really well to get past them.

Aye, I think The Uefa Cup Defeat has Spurred them on for the league. (Q: Ukrainian League Is a Calander year Season Like Russian one isnt it?)

Dream Scenario They Get into the Champions League for next season and Beat on Of The "Big four" That will Give them the Respect they Deserve.

hahaha Go Metal Workers!

#62 JD in DC

JD in DC

Mick Lyons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 05 Nov 2007 - 02:32

Aye, I think The Uefa Cup Defeat has Spurred them on for the league. (Q: Ukrainian League Is a Calander year Season Like Russian one isnt it?)

No, Ukraine is far enough south that they can kick off late summer like most of the continent. The only places in Europe I'm aware of besides Russia that kick off their seasons in the spring are all of the Scandinavian countries (except Denmark) and the three Baltic states.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users