IGNORED

Would Felli Be Better If.....

Fellaini and defour obviously know about each others style of play, but Felli got to know all the midfield players last season, so i don't think Fellainis play will get spectacularly better because of defour.

I'm still not sure about us spending alot on defour or an extra attacking midfielder.

Who would we drop for Defour: Cahill? Arteta? Pienaar? Fellaini?

and we (or alot of us) want a quality winger aswell..

would defour at 21 not be seen more of a long term replacement for other players IE cahill. But I agree it would be difficult to drop any of those 4. What I really don't want to happen is we buy defour and either he or arteta get forced to play out wide out of position. Also my other concern would be that out of the 4 mentioned we also have neville and osman who are both good in that position. Unless Osman is moved on not that I want that. I think buy defour as long as we are planning on buying a right winger aswell.

Mikel Arteta is still quality on the right, granted he has a quick full back behind him. Many people here bum chum saying David Bentley would be ideal for our wing, but IMO anything he can offer, Mikel can better.

If Baines was right footed and he was flaring past Arteta down the right, we'd get quality Arteta crosses from deep and in line, and through balls to Baines on the overlap. Furthermore, with a speedy fullback, I'd feel content with Arteta dropping back temporally to cover the out of position joinee. - More so than Osman. :/

---------Arteta

---------Hibbert

or

--------Arteta

--------P. Neville

does not work. It is too slow, and the Arteta/Osman must cut in or resort to hoofballs. With someone like Kyle Naughton, we'd be much more secure. The right side needs pace.

Mikel Arteta is still quality on the right, granted he has a quick full back behind him. Many people here bum chum saying David Bentley would be ideal for our wing, but IMO anything he can offer, Mikel can better.

If Baines was right footed and he was flaring past Arteta down the right, we'd get quality Arteta crosses from deep and in line, and through balls to Baines on the overlap. Furthermore, with a speedy fullback, I'd feel content with Arteta dropping back temporally to cover the out of position joinee. - More so than Osman. :/

---------Arteta

---------Hibbert

or

--------Arteta

--------P. Neville

does not work. It is too slow, and the Arteta/Osman must cut in or resort to hoofballs. With someone like Kyle Naughton, we'd be much more secure. The right side needs pace.

Sort-of agree with you Joe, i think with a pacy full-back Arteta would do alot better on the wing, saying that i'd rather have him inside, but i wouldnt be that fussed if he was put out there temp. The defour one confuses me a little, coz unless we play like the old InterMilan (everyone through the middle) i dont know where'd he'd fit, although buying him as a long term successor makes sense. He is after all, the Belgium 'Gerrard' lol and i think Moyes, quietly admires Gerrard (Power, reading of the game, shooting ability and character) and to think we have some of those attributes in Cahill, but isnt the complete package, Defour offers a younger, potentially complete player who could play anywhere across the park. More than £13m i would worry, but then again you're buying the future player, not ness the one they are now....

Sort-of agree with you Joe, i think with a pacy full-back Arteta would do alot better on the wing, saying that i'd rather have him inside, but i wouldnt be that fussed if he was put out there temp. The defour one confuses me a little, coz unless we play like the old InterMilan (everyone through the middle) i dont know where'd he'd fit, although buying him as a long term successor makes sense. He is after all, the Belgium 'Gerrard' lol and i think Moyes, quietly admires Gerrard (Power, reading of the game, shooting ability and character) and to think we have some of those attributes in Cahill, but isnt the complete package, Defour offers a younger, potentially complete player who could play anywhere across the park. More than £13m i would worry, but then again you're buying the future player, not ness the one they are now....

We really miss someone who can shoot from distance an attually score

I agree that if he is not a natural right sided player we really need to get someone different I like defour but he would not be a squad player at that price and therefore is he any better than arteta. I have said it before Arteta on his day is our most important player and I think if you accpet he is a CM then osman is a suitbable back up /competition. Osman is soooooo much better in that creative CM position.

i was hoping you'd say if he didn't turn up! and no i don't think he would fellaini doesn't make our strongest 11 so he certainly won't if we sign a player like defour.

why doesnt he? he's better than Osman and Neville and just as important as Pienaar when he's playing well, Im suprised the amount of people who are not keen on fellaini. He will be class in a few years.