Sign in to follow this  
MikeO

Johnny Heitinga

BBC

0925: Although deadline day passed in Spain at midnight, I believe they are allowed to sell players to Premier League clubs today, so Everton should be able to get Atletico Madrid defender Johnny Heitinga and Valencia midfielder Ever Banega, should they so wish.

If £40k after tax he is on approx £53k, which sounds more reasonable.

If we take a simplified look at his UK situation, he would be on £30k a week after UK tax (£50k wage, 40% tax). Even worse come 2010 when the 50% tax bracket kicks in.

Besides I am sure he will set up a foreign company and bend the tax rules to maximise his earnings.

WE ARE NOT GONNA SIGN ANYONE, I JUST SAW IT MY TEA LEAVES!!!

Well I say that I just know because I've supported eFc for 36 years & we are just absolutely shiiiite in the current transfer market, we are an absolute joke IMO!!!

We got +20M (say 22M) for Lescott & we're gonna end up spending 5.3M on distan 6M(??) on Billy thats 11.3 leaving 10.7 & we're that utterly crap (with our rigid wages) we're not even gonna spend anymore because we CANNOT entice quality players when other (if not most) teams offer more money!!! Hence we will not & can not progress as we would all like!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhhhhh!! rant over

WE ARE NOT GONNA SIGN ANYONE, I JUST SAW IT MY TEA LEAVES!!!

Well I say that I just know because I've supported eFc for 36 years & we are just absolutely shiiiite in the current transfer market, we are an absolute joke IMO!!!

We got +20M (say 22M) for Worf & we're gonna end up spending 5.3M on distan 6M(??) on Billy thats 11.3 leaving 10.7 & we're that utterly crap (with our rigid wages) we're not even gonna spend anymore because we CANNOT entice quality players when other (if not most) teams offer more money!!! Hence we will not & can not progress as we would all like!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhhhhh!! rant over

Distin was 5.3, but Bily was 9m and Wolves are also due 3m, so that's 17m, that leaves 5m, which is on the table for Hietinga at the moment. It's all accounted for.

Ive got a horrible, horrible feeling that these deals (Heitinga and Banega) are going to go down to the wire and we are going to get trumped in both. I can see us getting neither, both however would be amazing...im just not feeling optimistic based on the 6 hours we have left :(

Ive got a horrible, horrible feeling that these deals (Heitinga and Banega) are going to go down to the wire and we are going to get trumped in both. I can see us getting neither, both however would be amazing...im just not feeling optimistic based on the 6 hours we have left :(

It's not a feeling, it's called realism! We have only spend the Lescott cash, which shows the club have no cash of it's own despite the Sky and Fa cup money. Even Stoke have spend 15 million of it's own coffers, very disappointing.

It's not a feeling, it's called realism! We have only spend the Lescott cash, which shows the club have no cash of it's own despite the Sky and Fa cup money. Even Stoke have spend 15 million of it's own coffers, very disappointing.

make that 18 now

60k a week ive heard hes on over there but he'll sign dont panic :P keep the faith fellas! on a different note i dont wanna be a moanin bastard but callin lescott worf or whatever it was isnt really necessary and gives a bad impression of our fans!

How much did we offer AVM? And which ones of our players are currently being paid more than that?

VDM was on £25,000 a week, the second part of the question is all of them i think, except for the young lads on the fringe of the squad.

on a different note i dont wanna be a moanin bastard but callin lescott worf or whatever it was isnt really necessary and gives a bad impression of our fans!

Agree with that. Drawing attention to physical defect or disablity is out of order imo whatever he's done.

So we got £22m for Lescott which is approx £19m in the coffers. We had a £5m offer for Kyle Naughton before we considered selling Lescott. That takes our budget to £24m at least.

Bily = £9m

Distin = £5m

Leaves us with £10m remaining of what we as fans should expect to be available. If after finishing 5th with a cup final we are only given £5m to spend then it's a disgrace, Moyes has operated on a ridiculous net transfer budget for too long now, and the board really do need to get their fingers out, there are some wealthy people in their who are just waiting for a payday and are not prepared to back the manager, it's a case of put up or get out. I feel we have been more than patient enough.

It would be interesting to see our finance reports. We have been in a great position not to gamble, but to have a calculated risk in strengthening our squad with players like Moutinho etc who would have taken us close to that 4th spot, alas now I feel even the likes of Liverpool will struggle to do that given the resurgence of Arsenal, Spurs and Man City along with the perenial contenders of Chelsea and Man Ure.

Unless we are lucky with injuries and the likes of Distin and Bily settle and improve the squad we will struggle to make the top 6 and we will continue to shop at Aldi whilst the rest of the aforementioned teams take their pick of the elite. Just watching the goal we conceeded against Wigan made me realise just how weak our right side is, and unless that is rectified, it will be a focal point of attack by other teams in the prem and we will concede goal after goal.

So we got £22m for Lescott which is approx £19m in the coffers. We had a £5m offer for Kyle Naughton before we considered selling Lescott. That takes our budget to £24m at least.

Bily = £9m

Distin = £5m

Leaves us with £10m remaining of what we as fans should expect to be available. If after finishing 5th with a cup final we are only given £5m to spend then it's a disgrace, Moyes has operated on a ridiculous net transfer budget for too long now, and the board really do need to get their fingers out, there are some wealthy people in their who are just waiting for a payday and are not prepared to back the manager, it's a case of put up or get out. I feel we have been more than patient enough.

It would be interesting to see our finance reports. We have been in a great position not to gamble, but to have a calculated risk in strengthening our squad with players like Moutinho etc who would have taken us close to that 4th spot, alas now I feel even the likes of Liverpool will struggle to do that given the resurgence of Arsenal, Spurs and Man City along with the perenial contenders of Chelsea and Man Ure.

Unless we are lucky with injuries and the likes of Distin and Bily settle and improve the squad we will struggle to make the top 6 and we will continue to shop at Aldi whilst the rest of the aforementioned teams take their pick of the elite. Just watching the goal we conceeded against Wigan made me realise just how weak our right side is, and unless that is rectified, it will be a focal point of attack by other teams in the prem and we will concede goal after goal.

Couldn't agree more. If we don't pull something magic off in this transfer window we might have to settle for 7th or even 8th spot. Scary stuff.

Just seen it myself jamie, bloody good stuff but benaga wont be joining =[

Wait,am Ireading this properly,did you say Heitinga is at Finch Farm???? PLease say its true????

Wait,am Ireading this properly,did you say Heitinga is at Finch Farm???? PLease say its true????

Indeed he is. Flew in by private jet. Video footage of him arriving in a merc. Seen it with my own eyes. It's not doone yet though so lets not celebrate just yet.

Come on Heitinga,sign those papers!!! I hate to be the bad guy lads but with Everton I wont believe it till I see sign sealed and delivered! please please please please happen!!!!!

Does this mean if he signs we can sell Hibbert at Tesco for the highest bidder..!!!!!

Can't say I have seen a great deal of him but Moyes and his scouts obviously have.

So is the start of the end for Hibbert or will Distin/Yobo be dropped to the bench...? When Jags is back it will get interesting.

We'll have competition for places, I may just have a heartattack :o.

Can't say I have seen a great deal of him but Moyes and his scouts obviously have.

So is the start of the end for Hibbert or will Distin/Yobo be dropped to the bench...? When Jags is back it will get interesting.

I would imagine that long term we would be looking at a defence of:-

Heitinga Jags Distin Baines

Not too bad really. Possible ful team of

Howard

Pienaar Neville Arteta Bily

Cahill

Yak

Bench from:-

Nash, Yobo, Hibbo, Fellaini, Rodders, Ossie, Jo, Saha, Goose, Vic, Vaughny.

Having options on bench would be stunnig. Even at the wigan game we saw the differenfce having someone like Felli come on and changing a game. Felli as an impact player actually excites me as well.

I would imagine that long term we would be looking at a defence of:-

Not too bad really. Possible ful team of

Howard

Pienaar Neville Arteta Bily

Cahill

Yak

Bench from:-

Nash, Yobo, Hibbo, Fellaini, Rodders, Ossie, Jo, Saha, Goose, Vic, Vaughny.

Having options on bench would be stunnig. Even at the wigan game we saw the differenfce having someone like Felli come on and changing a game. Felli as an impact player actually excites me as well.

A bloody expensive impact player at that!! but honestly, that team looks boss!! I'd still like another midfield general and eventualy have Jags as captain! Our defence looks unreal when you put it like that, Howard wont get beaten :P hahaha here's to hoping anyway!!

Yep, Felli seems more suited to being an impact player at the moment.

My frown was nowhere to be seen after he came on against Wigan...let's hope he keeps it up.

*splutter* i nearly choked...

If we had kept Jacobsen as back-up for Heitinga, we could have sold Hibbert. :D:D

Funnily enough I dont think i'd want to sell him. I dont mind him as a squad member but he just should not be starting for a team with the ambitions we have. He can have the occaisonal good game. I have an odd soft spot for him, for all the stick he gets (from me included) but i actually dont want to get shut of him. Jst dont want him to be in the starting line up.

A bloody expensive impact player at that!! but honestly, that team looks boss!! I'd still like another midfield general and eventualy have Jags as captain! Our defence looks unreal when you put it like that, Howard wont get beaten :P hahaha here's to hoping anyway!!

It would be an expansive impact player, but if we get the best out f him then all the better. Him losing a automatic starting place would also force him to keep improving, keep him on his feet.

If the truth be known I like him two!!He may not be the best player out there but he's a true Evertonian and gives it his all,a quality in todays modern game which is indeed a rarity!!!

Its just a pity he's crap!!!

dont like this heitinga deal i feel were being had...feels like a kroldrup deal his team seems to happy to get rid .

Dont think so somehow....this fella is class,and have you seen the shot on him,a right back that can score goals.....when was the last time we had one of them ????? Gary Stevens !!

Heitinga and Pienaar did not play down the same side at Ajax. Heitinga played primarily as a CB - holding DM on the rare occasion - whilst Pienaar played in a floating three in the middle.

Heitinga and Pienaar did not play down the same side at Ajax. Heitinga played primarily as a CB - holding DM on the rare occasion - whilst Pienaar played in a floating three in the middle.

They played in the same side though, came through the ranks together, thats going to help.

Exactly, jamie :)

Just thought I'd answer the bit about whether they played on the same flank. I am of the mind that flanks, systems and symmetry aren't so important to players of this kind, therefore I agree with your sentiment that them having played in the same eleven is an advantage.

Exactly, jamie :)

Just thought I'd answer the bit about whether they played on the same flank. I am of the mind that flanks, systems and symmetry aren't so important to players of this kind, therefore I agree with your sentiment that them having played in the same eleven is an advantage.

Ah, just re-read the other guys first post, i misread it. I thought he asked if they had played in the same squad, didnt notice it was actually did they play down the same side. Oops. My bad.

Not really consciously seen the bloke but I've rarely (probably never) seen such excitement around a potential signing (patto excepted) so it looks good.

Think in the circumstances we should give special recognition to whoever was clever enough to start the thread.....

....Oh, wait a minute B):lol: .

Just sent my top scout out to see him on Football Manager 2009, good stats in terms of heading and anticipation, aggression, little bit slow though. Apparently has the potential to be as good as Yobo. Let's pull the plug on this one then eh!