Heitinga Jags Distin Baines

Not too bad really. Possible ful team of

Howard

Heitinga Jags Distin Baines

Pienaar Neville Arteta Bily

Cahill

Yak

Bench from:-

Nash, Yobo, Hibbo, Fellaini, Rodders, Ossie, Jo, Saha, Goose, Vic, Vaughny.

Having options on bench would be stunnig. Even at the wigan game we saw the differenfce having someone like Felli come on and changing a game. Felli as an impact player actually excites me as well.

Is everybody here placing Yak up front ahead of Saha??? Im certanly not. Yak is great but Saha is king...

I can actually see Heitinga as captain material and Neville on the bench. Rodders on instead and Saha up front. Shame to put Neville on the bench, would prefer it if we could play with 12 players hahaha

Great that this one has come off, was hoping for maybe another midfielder but you cant win em all :P

got a great team together and some good strength in depth when we get the spine of our team full fit and raring to go (yak,mikky,jags)

Great that this one has come off, was hoping for maybe another midfielder but you cant win em all :P

got a great team together and some good strength in depth when we get the spine of our team full fit and raring to go (yak,mikky,jags)

I still think we are a little lightweight in numbers.

I would have liked to have seen Bentley here because it would have given Bily time to settle in

Really pleased with this. Now him Distin and Bily have 10 days to settle with the squad before they get cracking.

Really delighted with this though, end of Hibbo and Ossie automatic starters. Beautiful. This will be the first time I can ever remember having a really strong bench available to us. Ace

I would have liked to have seen Bentley here because it would have given Bily time to settle in

i did say "some" strength in depth :P and i agree would have liked to see Bentley here, still a possibility.....i guess :blink:

Bentley going to The Reds. :(

Said on SSN that Liverpool and City were no goes for Bentley

Now Kenwright says he is still working on things on SSN!?!?..........im intreagued :blink:

They said he was on Merseyside so i think they Assumed it would be for Lpool, W ould be nice if this was a last minute deal.

Wonders will never cease! We've pulled one out the bag!

Chuffed to bits with this one. Our squad actually looks quite good now, once you start to look at there is to come back aswell.

Really pleased with this. Now him Distin and Bily have 10 days to settle with the squad before they get cracking.

Apart from the fact that they (Not Distin) are away with there national sides!

i will reserve judgment on johnny till i see him play...still think he didnt seem to keen too come only interested in the money...last game he played he got 0 out of 10 apparrently...so il wait and see.

It is right to wait and see how a player fits with a new team, however his record is pretty good. 47 appearances for Holland with 6 goals, 180 for Ajax with 18 goals and 35 & 3 for Atlétco.

Which just goes to show you how we have made a mistake in not signing cover for left back. One injury to Baines and our entire defence needs to be rearranged with 2 players moving and 1 sub coming in. When we had Lescott it was much easier for him to move across and Yobo to slot in, less movement.

The defence needs to remain solid and as static as possible and not having cover for LB means wholsesale changes which can cause all kinds of problems.

At least we've got this one in the bag and he can play RB and CB if anything happens to Distin or JoYo

Which just goes to show you how we have made a mistake in not signing cover for left back. One injury to Baines and our entire defence needs to be rearranged with 2 players moving and 1 sub coming in. When we had Lescott it was much easier for him to move across and Yobo to slot in, less movement.

The defence needs to remain solid and as static as possible and not having cover for LB means wholsesale changes which can cause all kinds of problems.

At least we've got this one in the bag and he can play RB and CB if anything happens to Distin or JoYo

not once jags is back tho. Distan to LB and yobo and jags in the middle.

I may be wrong but hasnt Neville played LB for us before? Im convinced he has an didnt do a bad job either!

Neville was England LB which is why signing Heitinga gives us a lot of options as we now have both Rodwell and Heitinga who can cover Neville should we want Neville to play either RB or LB.

Can Bily the Russian play for us or is he cup tied in europe too???

Billy's fine to play in Europe. I'm excited to see him play for us but I think it's going to be a while because we all know Moyes is cautious and a little too loyal to current players at times.

seems daft that johnny cant play when other players from the champions lge can is it not only the group stages he cant play...i thought he could play in the knock out stage.it should be contested by everton.

problem is if you want quality players you have to pay...lets just hope he is quality...im convinced we lost naughton over wages and maybe a little extra on the fee...i heard we didnt match spurs offer.

problem is if you want quality players you have to pay...lets just hope he is quality...im convinced we lost naughton over wages and maybe a little extra on the fee...i heard we didnt match spurs offer.

We lost Naughton because Sheff United bumped up the price, we never had a chance to speak to the player though it took almost a week to even get to that stage.

Billy's fine to play in Europe. I'm excited to see him play for us but I think it's going to be a while because we all know Moyes is cautious and a little too loyal to current players at times.

he might use him more than we think. with him having to rest players

Anyone seen Johnny play?

How's he getting on?

One or two of the guys here were wetting their pants when we were linked to him.

A few people have mentioned he looks slow?

I thought he was great against Blackburn, very assured performance.