IGNORED

Tim Cahill

After the Fulham game a lot of the chatter has been about Timmy and his ability in midfield. I've always argued that while he is a vital team member, his tactical ill discipline means he is a sort of luxury player. His goal scoring talents are second to none, and is very handy at defending his lines, but ultimately I don't think he has ever been a good ball player.

Interesting subject, as most of our midfield seem non functional at the moment.

I've seen neither his goal scoring nor his defensive skill this season, just like the rest of the team. I'm not a fan of how he forces a 4-5-1 but I don't see him as a special case from anyone else in the team; well, at least he isn't injured right now.

If he can get into most teams then why doesn't Moyes play him in the centre of a 4-4-2? I can't remember the last time he played in that for us so I'll have to ask if he was any good?

Also, defensively solid? So giving fouls away on a consistent basis is defensively solid? Or shall we think that perhaps those fouls were results of Cahill making up for other players lack of tackling?

I've said previously that Cahill is a one trick pony!......it's a bloody good trick, unsettling opponents and scoring goals.He performs that best when we play 4-5-1, so obviously we tend to play that way, and we've had some bloody good results doing so.

If were going to do 4-5-1, then we need Cahill on top of his game and the right striker in front of him.......THAT'S THE SECRET, the RIGHT striker.

Bugs me though the way Tim is more than happy just to impead opponents, rather than actually trying to win the ball, I'm sure he would LIKE to win the ball, but it's obviously not one of his strenghts.

He could probably fit into a 4-4-2....but for that AGAIN, we need the right balance to complement him......Should we be doing so much just to be able to play him ?

I'd say with the right striker and selection of midfielders, then an inform Cahill is a pretty potent weapon, and 4-5-1 is then the system to use.

I just don't like being dependant on one player like that, could Fellaini be any good at it.

I've said previously that Cahill is a one trick pony!......it's a bloody good trick, unsettling opponents and scoring goals.He performs that best when we play 4-5-1, so obviously we tend to play that way, and we've had some bloody good results doing so.

If were going to do 4-5-1, then we need Cahill on top of his game and the right striker in front of him.......THAT'S THE SECRET, the RIGHT striker.

Bugs me though the way Tim is more than happy just to impead opponents, rather than actually trying to win the ball, I'm sure he would LIKE to win the ball, but it's obviously not one of his strenghts.

He could probably fit into a 4-4-2....but for that AGAIN, we need the right balance to complement him......Should we be doing so much just to be able to play him ?

I'd say with the right striker and selection of midfielders, then an inform Cahill is a pretty potent weapon, and 4-5-1 is then the system t

I just don't like being dependant on one player like that, could Fellaini be any good at it.

that would be a 2 trick pony then

Edited by milky71