IGNORED

Carragher Testimonial

iggy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...when Rafa went for a bit of revenge and called them a small club, after they came to Anfield for a draw, how did they react? They put a statement on their official website, having a go back. How small-time can you get? It was embarrassing. At board level, you should show some dignity and rise above the banter.

"There is an exaggerated perception of how well Liverpool and Everton fans used to get on 20 years ago but, equally, I have noticed a much meaner atmosphere at more recent derbies.

"As someone who has been a Blue and a Red, I feel qualified to say where it all went wrong and I feel the responsibility lies mainly with the way Everton fans reacted to their barren spell. That, plus their treatment of Liverpool players who are my friends as well as teammates.

"It has added a sinister element to the traditional rivalry and led to a complete transformation in my loyalties, to the extent that I now hate losing to Everton more than any other side in the world.

"Hate would be too strong to describe my feelings towards them, but I do hate what their fans sing about Steven Gerrard and his family at every derby. It is personal, vindictive and disgusting and would be unacceptable in any form of life, let alone football.

"All players face flak from opposition fans, but when people start telling lies and repeat them in despicable chants, I am appalled.

"It has become a lot worse over the years and is a big reason why my relationship with Everton has turned sour. When you see your best mates being attacked unjustly, there is no way back."

"A Goodison persecution complex has developed and it's not just the players. There are plenty at Everton who have done their club no favours when talking about Liverpool and you really would expect their hierarchy to be more considered and careful with their remarks."

Shitebag

Ian's replied while I was posting....but I'll leave this anyway :) .

What did he write?!

Don't know what Ian was talking about but this maybe?

'I hate what they sing about Steven and his family. It's disgusting and goes way beyond the kind of banter that's acceptable in life, not just football.

'Robbie Fowler suffered the same type of scandalous taunts which really hurt him and his family. I'm not saying Liverpool fans are blameless because they're not. They dish out abuse during games with our rivals too. But it ends when the game ends.

'Evertonians spread the lies around the streets of Liverpool and chant them whether they're playing us, Reading or Portsmouth.

'I even hear it on the telly when they're playing away in Europe and I think that could be my family they're singing about.'

And he expects us to believe he wouldn't have joined in?

'I was a total Everton fanatic right through my childhood and teens,' says the defender who went on to play over 500 games for Liverpool.

'Everton controlled my life and dominated my thoughts 24/7. I went to the away games, followed them across Europe and in the mid-80s went to Wembley so often it began to feel like Alton Towers.

'When I talk about that Everton team I still say 'we'. Even when I was playing for Liverpool reserves I'd want Everton's first team to win the derby every time.'

But this is the kind of man we're talking about....

When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

A few weeks later I received a phone call. "You won't believe this, Jay. We're in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?"

Did I really want Neill to take a crack? "There's only one problem," added the voice. "Little Davey Thommo is with him."

That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.

Fuckin' 'ell

what a nasty cunt

reiterating that!

On a separate note, what happened to David Thompson? He was one of the first players I really liked. My Uncle had a box at Blackburn so I went to their games a bit when I first started getting into Football and he was my favourite player for them!

Guest Reg Reagan

what a cunt.

He is blaming us for starting rumours and allegations about their players?

Go to redcafe and all you see are Man Utd fans doing those every month and then spreading them around the net, not us.

The game's being shown in full at 7.00pm tonight on Liverpool TV (Sky 434) which is free. Again at 11.00pm, three times tomorrow and more during the week :) .

:COYBs[1]:

Anybody with the Sky sports package can see the match on LFC TV, they show it about 4 times a day, its on again shortly at 10am this morning.

I think Maggie and Hibbo was the best of the Blues players on show, Yakubu was shit. :)

Pay attention Bill :P .

And you don't need Sky Sports btw....LFCTV is free to air :) .

It's not great viewing lads.

I watched bits of it on Saturday on shite telly and they pretty much walked all over the side we had out.

The few attacks we had generally died from the Yak's slowness and lack of match fitness. Given the game was being played at pretty much half pace it was a bit concerning.

Gueye looked lively but lots of mistakes and no where near ready to be in first team.

Didn't really notice much from the other lads as they didn't see much of the ball.

Jeffers I don't think I even saw him, the commentator mentioned him once then commented on how little he'd done, saves Moyes from wanting to sign him up at least!

Not too sure the Carragher pen was planned, Yak looked ready to take it and was pretty bemused after Carragher had run past him and scored it.

Not too sure the Carragher pen was planned, Yak looked ready to take it and was pretty bemused after Carragher had run past him and scored it.

Maybe the Yak wasn't in on it but it was definitely planned. The Everton player who went down (can't remember who it was) had no Liverpool player within five yards of him :) .

It was a no-win for Everton in the 'coolness' rating anyway..

Reject the approach and it's bitter blues

Accept the offer and play youth team.. disrespectful to Carragher

Play and win.. disrespectful to Carragher

Play a strongish team and lose.. fans not happy and see it as waste of time