IGNORED

Denmark vs Portugal/Netherlands vs Germany

The Netherlands and Germany don't like each other for as long as anyone can remember, so this should be a decent battle. I hope the Dutch can win this night, if they lose they could be eliminated and that would be such a shame for one of the best club sides on the planet right now. I can actually see one or two of the favorites failing to make the next stages really.

If you go into Sports Direct you can purchase special edition 'Euro 12' team shirts of the teams represented this summer, but there were no Irish Republic ones, which I found surprising, some guys came in, in a language I didn't understand (eastern european) and made off with some Poland or Croatia strips. we even bought some too, simply because they looked appealing, we'll take them on vacation in a few weeks maybe or to the respective countries even, it doesn't necessarily have to be about soccer of course. They also have big nation flags too at £2 which I thought a bit of a steal.

If you go into Sports Direct you can purchase special edition 'Euro 12' team shirts of the teams represented this summer, but there were no Irish Republic ones, which I found surprising, some guys came in, in a language I didn't understand (eastern european) and made off with some Poland or Croatia strips. we even bought some too, simply because they looked appealing, we'll take them on vacation in a few weeks maybe or to the respective countries even, it doesn't necessarily have to be about soccer of course. They also have big nation flags too at £2 which I thought a bit of a steal.

a lot of people collect shirts...think there's a thread on here about it...i don't personally

2-0 now...gomez again...fabulous finish

Don't know what you were thinking of if you genuinely believed Germans would go out in the first round. I'm no fan of international soccer, and this tournament is a bit of a fucking worry sometimes, but realize full well they are arguably one of the greatest sides on earth right now, even with the other teams involved in group, I thought they would have no worries, they were many peoples favorites to win the competition outright also.

Holland are probably the best side never to have won the World Cup, apart from Hungary, but they did win the Euros in 1988, but really could and should have done a lot more over the years, I think the injuries to Van Basten when he was still a very good player and eventual retirement proved costly to the team, it will be a shame when they are eliminated tonight, as two defeats already would prove fatal, a last day win just won't be enough.

I really hope they can make the second rounds for the good of the competition but it does seem a long shot now. I want to see heavyweights in the later stages of these things, makes it more interesting to some, it would be a bit of a non event to see something like Denmark and Russia in the final, I don't think many people would even watch it. They only have themselves to blame for not winning their opening fixture when they really should have, the capabilities were there.

I really hope they can make the second rounds for the good of the competition but it does seem a long shot now. I want to see heavyweights in the later stages of these things, makes it more interesting to some, it would be a bit of a non event to see something like Denmark and Russia in the final, I don't think many people would even watch it. They only have themselves to blame for not winning their opening fixture when they really should have, the capabilities were there.

Dont knock Denmark, they play an attractive football. They have actually looked at the Netherlands and copied their playing style for years.

Bert van Marwijk is just very conservative. Not just in his tactical approach, but in his squad selection as well. For example, a large part of the Dutch fans would have had Vurnon Anita (recently being linked with a 10 mil move from Ajax to Newcastle) or Jordy Clasie (a sensation at Feyenoord this season) as their two holding players. They're both rather small, but they're excellent players who offer a lot more going forward then De Jong and Van Bommel. A lot wouldn't even have had Van Bommel in the squad anymore (he's Van Marwijk's son in law by the way). Most would have preferred Huntelaar starting over Van Persie too. Especially after the Denmark game, about 91% of respondents in a poll by NOS (Dutch equivalent of BBC) thought Huntelaar had to start, 4% didn't have an opinion and 4% favoured van Persie.