IGNORED

January & The Transfer Window Beckons!

java2001e

i dont know what the cash situation is for buying but we do need another striker.

the more interesting question is who DONT we need? :lol:

mcfadden, osman and kilbane arent premier quality. I'd also add bent, he's a good hard working lad but..... but we dont have much upfront at present. what about lie ti? is he any good?

duncan ferguson and nigel martyn are at the end of the line. i dont see their contracts being renewed. pistone's days are over too i suspect.

Edited by java2001e

Guest fozzie22
i dont know what the cash situation is for buying but we do need another striker.

the more interesting question is who DONT we need? :lol:

mcfadden, osman and kilbane arent premier quality. I'd also add bent, he's a good hard working lad but..... but we dont have much upfront at present. what about lie ti? is he any good?

duncan ferguson and nigel martyn are at the end of the line. i dont see their contracts being renewed. pistone's days are over too i suspect.

I agree,but i dont see any cash forthcoming..loans maybe..

tbh we cant really let anyone go as the squad is pretty bare. but if the possibility of profit on a player comes up we have to take it!

there is money available, how much is the question!

where do we need players?

A forward & a keeper are defo required.

Keane and Niemi for me please.

possibily send ing wright in part ex for Niemi as S'ton will still want a keeper!

Osman and Kilbane for me still have a part to play in our squad as a whole and as stated the squad is still quite bare so we shouldn't really be looking to let anyone go just now .

If we were to let anyone go then Li Tie ( although i think he's a tidy player ) is surplus to requirements due to the fact we have alot of quality players ahead of him who can play in centre mid and i don't think Faddy is suited to premiership football ( he's the only player i know who can beat a man then get tackled by the same fella 2 yards later ) .

In January , and i have been saying it for a long while now , Robbie Keane should be brought in and i'd also like to see David Nugent brought in too .

StevO had a good shout there to bring in Niemi , a top class goalkeeper that still has a good few years left in him and wouldn't cost the earth , also if it meant getting rid of Teflon i'd certainly be all for it .

As Fozzie said is the cash actually there though , you never quite know with the Blues . :lol:

ive been sayin its a done deal!

but s'tons young keeper wouldnt really be needed as we have 2 young keepers who will be coming through in a few years.

i wouldnt get rid of li tie, we get too many sales in the far east due to him bein in our squad, he more than pays for himself!

Is Funny I gave the season review a spin on the weekend & a few names seemed prominet amidst our succesfull periods.

Tommmy G...(Gone of course)

Tim Cahill

Lee Carsley

Leon Osman

amongst others...but so far weve seen little of these blokes have we ? this term.

for me, the players to go in january will/should be...

kilbane (if we can bring in a younger, more skillful model - suggestion below)

bent (if we can get £2m for him as has been suggested)

naysmith (if we can get a decent offer from one of the old firm)

wright (maybe as part of an exchange)

so, that's the deadwood gone, now for players coming in...

(not sure if these will happen in january, but be good if they did)

gravesen (if we can afford his wages - big IF)

keane (though i can't see this happening until the summer now)

(think these are more realistic)

ashton (good, young goalscorer)

commons (good left-sided player - defence or midfield - replacement for kilbane?)

niemi (good shout by all on here, maybe in exchange for wright)

(and someone a bit out of the leftfield)

gareth barry - would add a bit of all-round quality (he's versatile and quality in all defensive and midfield positions)

It could just be me but...

Lee Carsley was last years unsung hero - he really sured up the midfield when Tommy left. (as for him, I dont want him back - he knew he was going long before the January window - hence the good performances - before that, is it only me that can remember shouting 'whats he doing' 'wheres he going' at him every game?)

Osman - did he not score some vital goals last year for us?

Okay - Kilbane - not good enough

Bent - not good enough but can scare a defence when brought on for the last 20-30mins.

Weir - too old, but then he has signed Ferrari and Kroldrup as replacements (perhaps longer term for Ferrari).

We could still do with another defender as cover (a youngster) and perhaps a young LB to learn from Valente - but thats not vital.

Midfield - is still very young. We could do with a proper playmaker in the centre to give tiny tim some competition but apart from that...?

Up front - needs immediate attention - even if beattie starts to knock them in - he will still need a reliable strike partner - somebody young, fit and pacey.

I am not sure how much money Moyes will be allowed to spend come January but I would imagine that the bulk (if not all) will be spent on a striker to fill Big dunc's boots.

after that, he may dabble with a young 'up and coming' midfielder from the championship - but we will have to wait and see what sort of cash he has available!

Thats my theory anyway !!!