IGNORED

UEFA benchmarking report

DavisJD

UEFA has released its ninth club licensing benchmarking report on European club football - highlighting how UEFA’s Financial Fair Play regulations have created a more stable and sustainable financial position for European top-division clubs.

- Financial year 2016 - (Which includes summer 2017 transfer window)

4th biggest transfer spend in Europe - €107M

6th highest net spend in Europe - €51M

11th In PL for Revenue - €164M 

25th in Europe for Revenue 

27th in Europe for average yield per spectator - €32.8

17th In Europe for total wages paid,

7th in PL

Represents 78% of revenue, which is second highest in the top 20 to Aston Villa.

This is a worrying number, you can see why Moshiri and Brands have focused on it.

Page 18 of the report highlights that Everton are ranked 23rd for website traffic in Europe (7th in PL). 49% of which is ‘foreign’.

< - This is a great indicator of future revenue potential for the club. Good global reach and following.

Report:

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/OfficialDocument/uefaorg/Clublicensing/02/53/00/22/2530022_DOWNLOAD.pdf

UEFA website 

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/protecting-the-game/club-licensing-and-financial-fair-play/news/newsid=2529909.html

Not sure what you mean by "great indicator of future revenue potential".  EFC had less than 1 million website visits, so 49% is less than half a million. Look at that other lot, they had almost 7 million visitors of which 66% were foreign, meaning about 4,5 million visitors, about ten times more.

16 hours ago, Makis said:

Not sure what you mean by "great indicator of future revenue potential".  EFC had less than 1 million website visits, so 49% is less than half a million. Look at that other lot, they had almost 7 million visitors of which 66% were foreign, meaning about 4,5 million visitors, about ten times more.

Everton is ahead of all other PL teams except the top 6 in those analytics.

Best of the rest is true, and growing the brand overseas is a must to break the mould.

I was playing Park football with some South Americans last week, and most couldn’t speak English, but many commented on my Everton shirt and said good club, Yerry Mina.

Growing the fan base outside of England & Europe will be key to growing the revenue potential of the club.

4 hours ago, DavisJD said:

Best of the rest is true, and growing the brand overseas is a must to break the mould.

I was playing Park football with some South Americans last week, and most couldn’t speak English, but many commented on my Everton shirt and said good club, Yerry Mina.

Growing the fan base outside of England & Europe will be key to growing the revenue potential of the club.

If you listen to some of our fans they'll tell you it's just "Kopite behaviour" to go chasing foreign support.

But they're fucking idiots.

6 hours ago, DavisJD said:

Yes, growing the overseas support is key, but the difference to the big clubs is enormous and finding that support when we finish seventh & haven't won anything in  24 years is difficult. And by growing I mean multiply the numbers, not just increase by xx%.