IGNORED

Manuel Fernandes

manuel fernandes.  

46 members have voted

1. 1. fernandes for 12 million yes or no?

• yes
    • no

surely depends what the injury is!.....Moyes and his staff should

be able to guage if it's worth the gamble.

Can't be worse than Sissoko surely,often injured,hasen't scored,

poor distribution.....all he seems good at is breaking down moves!

Thank God we didn't get him!

Fernandes is in my mind a better player,when he settles watch

him score and create plenty of goals.No stupid money though!

because he is still young,and he could go either way.

He and Nuggent and a couple of defenders should do us.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooooppppss!!........It was me who said I was glad we didn't get Sissoko!!

Only basing that opinion on what I've seen of him.Sure he is an athletic player

and breaks down opponents moves,ie get's the tackle in.....BUT he gives away

lots of fouls,and his distribution is poor.He hasn't really looked like scoring.

He's not going to get a game when the big$$$'s hit home.

Sure he's not crap.....but going by the post's on a luckypool forum,forward

play suffers when he has the ball.He's always going to stick out a long leg

and win more than his share of the 50/50 balls,and every team needs a ball

winner in midfield........but Fernandes,the little I've seen of him looks more

creative going forward,and given the choice I would rather have him.So by

the middle of next season would luckypool.

But I respect your opinion on Sissoko being a good player,and if you wanted

a player to upset the rythem of your opponents midfield,then maybe he's your

man.

sissoko isnt there to score goals, the lad is quality. if gerrard has to move over for him then he must have somethin about him

i dont think its fair to compare him to fernandez, different kinds of player, manny is a creative player, sissoko is a defensive player. could make a mean partnership thou

jackelz - mascherano is an awesome player, mark my words, next year after a full preseason with that shite, he will be one of the best

• 3 weeks later...

He is a must buy now. either we pay it or someone else will!

Not being funny im open to sugestions but somwone tell me a better pair of centre mids anywere that are better than these 2 lads.

Manuel Fernandes and Mikel Arteta.

I mean ive supported everton all my life and im 16 now and this is the best team ive ever seen everton have seen. And these to just stand out to be by a far way maybee along with lescott.

You could argue that there some teams who have just as good or slightly better but there is non that could top them by a considerble amount.

I realise the way that they are allready linking up with each other as class knows class you can see it when they play they are looking for each other all the time.

The potential is see for the future with these to in the middle is scary and with an extension for arteta and a permi for fernandes is see is with a bright future. arteta only just 25 fernandes 20 come on! there brilliant. I was so down about the result yesterday but i come out of it realising how close we are to being a great team. If we play are cards right in the summer we are getting there. It is massive we get in to europe also to make people want to stay and join. 3 more points against pompey should just about see us in I just pray we get in as this could be one of the clubs most important pre-seasons in the last 10 or so years of the club if not longer.

Dont slip up on this one blues!!! were so close!!

Guest blueboy122

First on the subject of sissoko averge player doesnt do much always concedes unneccersy fouls yer great at tackling tho but u need more than that to be as some of u mentioned a quality player. He is dreadful at passing and shooting and crossing one thing good about the lad he can tackle. Carsley is a far better player than sissoko

Fernandes yes must sign am sure moyes knows about his ability and vision passing shooting etc great player better than anybody in liverpools midfeild in my book only person that matches him is gerrard. We cant make everton a top four club by buying the likes of koumas etc and the 3-4 millions price tag championship players. If we are going to contend with the so called big boys of the premeiership then we need to be in the big boys market.

All in all fernandes class player must buy 12 million is a bargin at this price. It is there for the taking moyes. This lad is just pure talent and is only 20-21?

FERNANDES=MUST BUY

Edited by blueboy122

Fernandes yes must sign am sure moyes knows about his ability and vision passing shooting etc great player better than anybody in liverpools midfeild in my book only person that matches him is gerrard.

thats just stupid talk. gerrard is one of the best midfeilders in the world, and tbh ferenades isnt as good as him, yes no question fernandes is a top player but he isnt on the same level as gerrard.

Guest blueboy122

yes he is gerrard has done nothing this season for liverpool. Passin fernandes beats him vision fernandes beats him not to sure bout shooting from what i have seen both have quality shots

lets be honest, Sissoko aint shite he has been one of Liverpools best players this season.

Mascherano will be one of the best midfielders without doubt but as will Fernandes imo.

Tbh We need to get Fernandes on the ball alot more, when him and arteta link up anything can happen as shown on his goal against united.

Manny will be up there with the best in Europe in his prime no doubt

Get Him ASAP MOYES!!!!!

Edited by Blue4Ever

yes he is gerrard has done nothing this season for liverpool. Passin fernandes beats him vision fernandes beats him not to sure bout shooting from what i have seen both have quality shots

yer so maybe he hasnt played aswell as he usually does, still doesnt mean hes not good, pains me to say it but he is defo in the top 3 best midfeilders in the world. anyone who isnt bias would most likely agree.

He is a must buy now. either we pay it or someone else will!

Not being funny im open to sugestions but somwone tell me a better pair of centre mids anywere that are better than these 2 lads.

Manuel Fernandes and Mikel Arteta.

I mean ive supported everton all my life and im 16 now and this is the best team ive ever seen everton have seen. And these to just stand out to be by a far way maybee along with lescott.

You could argue that there some teams who have just as good or slightly better but there is non that could top them by a considerble amount.

I realise the way that they are allready linking up with each other as class knows class you can see it when they play they are looking for each other all the time.

The potential is see for the future with these to in the middle is scary and with an extension for arteta and a permi for fernandes is see is with a bright future. arteta only just 25 fernandes 20 come on! there brilliant. I was so down about the result yesterday but i come out of it realising how close we are to being a great team. If we play are cards right in the summer we are getting there. It is massive we get in to europe also to make people want to stay and join. 3 more points against pompey should just about see us in I just pray we get in as this could be one of the clubs most important pre-seasons in the last 10 or so years of the club if not longer.

Dont slip up on this one blues!!! were so close!!

anyone think of any??

this is almost one for the rubbish post thread, but while its so funny ill just leave it here!

as good as the best midfielder in the world, haha he's good but get real

who?? names please..

im not being a nob lol i just think that highly of them and just cant pic anyone better of my head.

yer i know your not mate its sound (Y)

imo -

fabregas and rosiky

lampard and essien

gerrard and alonso/sissoko

ronaldo and scholes

kaka, guttaso

thats some i can think of atm

I think we have Fernandes but can't imagine his price would be more than £6m - he is still unproven so don't think his price tag is that high yet.

Oh and as for the Gerrard comparisons....Gerrard is in a different league to Fernandes, Gerrard commands the midfield and can alter games, I can't see Fernandes being that type of player Fernandes likes to be more skillfull and attacking. I think Fernandes is going to be world class, just not Gerrards type of world class.

from icliverpool -

However, it is now highly unlikely Everton will take up their option to sign Fernandes.

The Portuguese midfielder has been on loan from Benfica since January, but the asking price to make the move permanent is believed to be £12million.

And Moyes said: “It’s something that we’ll look at, though the price is probably a bit too rich for us, if it’s correct.”

I carnt belive this^^ All moyes wants is a young lee carlsey who runs his ass off, hits shit passes and gives loads of fouls away. Yes Carlsey has been great this and last season im thankful for that but the talent that Manuel has got shouldnt be missed out on by us.

Pissed off, If Moyes doesnt get him he needs his head sortin out..

tbh i dont think we will get him the price is just too much and i agree 12m is too much.

lets say we get 15 - 20m for transfers that is nearly all gone and we wont have enuf for a good striker, a good defender and some back ups our squad is just to small to throw money like that around on one player.

dont get me wrong i would love him to play for us next season and be number 10 :) but i wouldnt put my money on it.

what im saying is dont be too down hearted if we dont get him and he goes to another prem club with alot of money

Edited by Foxon

I carnt belive this^^ All moyes wants is a young lee carlsey who runs his ass off, hits shit passes and gives loads of fouls away. Yes Carlsey has been great this and last season im thankful for that but the talent that Manuel has got shouldnt be missed out on by us.

Pissed off, If Moyes doesnt get him he needs his head sortin out..

I'll disappointed also but I think we all knew that we were never going to spend £12million on one player. We need three or four players in the summer, we cant afford to just get one new player in no matter how good he is.