Sign in to follow this  
djlduffy

Should We Sell Per For 2.5 Million?

Just a thought as i can't really see him fitting into the side. He seems a bit lightweight to be a PL centre back? Could he be the most expensive defender that never was?

Ian    3

no i think we should keep him, yobo goin away. weir going soon, ferrari is the only good cb then if we get rid. hes got to have somethin about him, his previous team finished 4th and 5 million, we must av seen somethin in him...i fuckin hope! ;)

Got to keep him. As others have said Weir going at end of year. Ferrari is only on loan and has already said he wants to go back after and only leaves Yobo.

Thought that Yobo and Ferrari played well together yesterday

Zed    1

I think, given time he will come good but who knows, he could be the biggest duck egg ever, hes had an unlucky time of it since joining. Think he will start against millwall if hes FIT :(

Kroldrup has a sprained ankle at the momment which he sustained against Villa, don't think he will make the Millwall match. Ferrari and Yobo did alright yesterday, i would stick with them for the Lions if I were Moyes.

dont think he is too light weight for the prem. he is quite similar to that tit across the park hyppia. big tall strong. was described as having the biggest toe in footie as he gets to every tackle. think he will be a good player

Guest fozzie22   
Guest fozzie22

Anyone see the echo comment from jan molby saying per "will be ready to step into the preimership with no problems"

Had a chuckle at that one

To be honest we haven't really seen him play yet. He was dumped in at the deep end a bit against Villa.

To make your Premeirship début in a very nervouse defence is not really ideal for a play who is not yet match fit.

Like most centre back he will generally need a bit time to form a decent partnership at the back with Yobo. rare to form to be an instant hit as a CB.

Definately don't think we should sell at a lose just yet. But I am afraid we won't really see the best of him this season now. A few weeks before he will be ready and another month or so to get match fit and to grips with the Prem - Season almost over - the luck of the draw I am afraid, we did alright for injuries last season and are now averaging out this season.

Zed    1
the luck of the draw I am afraid, we did alright for injuries last season and are now averaging out this season.

Arn't we just. Thats been the problem with the defence and it will continue to be as joey will be off soon. Last season the back four was solid (including pistone, til he got injured)

he's played 1 game for god sake!!!

everyone was saying how good this lad was going to be, he played a pre season friendly and supposedly looked great.

i'm sure it'll take at least 2 or 3 premiership games to get even close to settling into the league but hopefully he will come good.

It won't happen and i'd be appalled if we did sell him now.

I certainly do not agree in selling Per. He needs a few games to settle down. Not fair to write him just yet. Besides, Weir is old and Ferrari may want to go back to Italy.

Got to be a decent player once he settles in, and maybe an uplift in the teams form might make it a bit easier.

I like the way Ferrari imposes himself, wish Joey was a bit harder into the tackle, let the attackers know that your there.