IGNORED

Money From Nowhere?

Does anyone else think that maybe DM said he would walk if he was not given money to cover the injuries to cahill and vaughan? it seems very strange that all of a sudden we are making these wild moves in the transfer market, 10m on yakubu another 6-8 on manny and now there is a link to darijo srna for 6m all very strange if you ask me, i suppose it's just part and parcel of being a blue!

Does anyone else think that maybe DM said he would walk if he was not given money to cover the injuries to cahill and vaughan?

You'll probably have to wait for DM's book to come out to find out that one!

Maybe he has tried his luck with a"give me some money,or else"kinda statement.

But on the other hand,it could be these are are the players he wanted and they

weren't available a while back!perhaps he didn't want Smith or other players

like Nugent,that the fans wanted.

I didn't want Smith,and I thought Vaughan was better than Nugent.I know lots of

other people thought the same.

History will judge.....and the book(Moyes autobiorgraphy)will make good reading,

espicially that chapter entitled....season 2007-08 a great season!!!

Does anyone else think that maybe DM said he would walk if he was not given money to cover the injuries to cahill and vaughan? it seems very strange that all of a sudden we are making these wild moves in the transfer market, 10m on yakubu another 6-8 on manny and now there is a link to darijo srna for 6m all very strange if you ask me, i suppose it's just part and parcel of being a blue!

Where du here that Prisoner lad? Ive never heard of this fella

Mark was telling me he heard that the Sky money didnt go in till August 1st and al the other teams spending where lending the cash till that went in, sounds like something we would actually do, wait till we have the money to spend.

makes sense if thats true. and if it is true then we are very sensible.

i also heard that alot of the sky money went to the debt along with the installments to AJ lescott and the payment for howard. then we paid for baines and jags. so thats alot of money gone.

makes sense if thats true. and if it is true then we are very sensible.

i also heard that alot of the sky money went to the debt along with the installments to AJ lescott and the payment for howard. then we paid for baines and jags. so thats alot of money gone.

If thats true then the stories of ten million transfer bids are bollocks! To be honest, I would be more than happy with Yabuku only this summer.

who is phillip green?

that would be nice if all this stuff was true

Philip Green owns or is the Cheif Exec of the Arcadia group who own M&S, Burtons, Topman etc. He's minted to say the least. I think he may fall in the billionaire category.

Edited by Leadline

According to Alan Nixon (Mirror Journalist) Philip Green and Robert Earl are ready to invest a staggering £20million into the playing squad for Everton. That's what he said on the radio earlier.

Fookin Nora, where did this come from

Sir Philip Green is indeed the owner of arcadia, hes a proper cockney geezer and plays as hard as he works and does indeed fall into the Bollionaire catagory. Athough he did try and buy M&S, he didnt, but he does own BHS amonst other high street names

Is he not the person that BK borrwed some money from but never used it and gave it back but was there if he wanted it.

Has BK not been trying to get him and the Tesco guy on board for a long time.

I also think that BK uses Green for advise on business as there was links in the past that he was going to invest in the club and came out and said that all he was doing was giving advise.

I don't think that he is a blue in fact I don't think that he likes football

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd mention this, since there were so many questions swirling about why we were willing/able to spend big transfer money late, but not early. In an article I was reading about Derby today, their chairman mentioned that they didn't get their Sky Sports money until August 14. So if that's what we were waiting on (not spending it until we had it, as someone earlier in this thread suggested), and we also got it that late, then that would make sense. Or it could've been the rumored cash infusion from Earl. Or it could've been a combination of both.

Anyway, that Derby article was right here: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...246&cc=5901