IGNORED

Oh Dear...gravesen Is Back...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man this guy can post!!! guess it helps that I agree with everything you say.....

"I have always said I would never want to come back to any other club in England other than Everton - I am an Everton player. In my five years here we improved all the way and we ended on a high and that is what I want to achieve again."

straight into the team for tomorrow please, let's see what's changed over the years...

I just hope he can still cut it! I loved Gravesen, he was my favourite player when he was here along with Yobo. It'd be disappointing if he was a shadow of his former self, but I believe in Moyes and believe it's worth the small gamble. I'm more concerned about the Riquelme one, it smacks of a Walter Smith signing or Middlesbrough under Bryan Robson. Someone who probably isn't really interested in playing for us at all but just wants some big wages and no stress and will get a sulk on when Moyes asks him to pull his weight. I can't deny I'd be excited seeing him play, but I cant see Riquelme fitting into a 442, unless he can play on the wing - or I suppose we could use him just behind the main striker although who do you drop out of Johnson/Yakubu?

I'm a little concerned if we make TOO many signings, then it becomes difficult to keep everyone happy. Moyes is still learning and last time he had real options for a position (Jeffers, Rooney, Radzinski & Campbell) Moyes kept rotating and no one found any rhythm and we had an asbolutely terrible season. Hopefully Moyes now is more experienced and learned from his mistakes. COYB :) let's get Appiah, even if we have to pay over the odds.

Romey...I agree with you 100%. I too am looking forward to the "Gravesen is shit" comments from those in this post saying "what a great signing" in a couple of months time...

People that don't think it is a backwards step rely too much on past form, abilities. Hell lets bring back Kevin Campbell and big dunc, top 4 here we come.....

not being funny, but nearly every game Neville plays in CM he does f all, plenty of games Cahill plays in 442 he does nothing and the list goes on and on. People notice it more with Gravesen purely because they know what talent he does have so they get frustrated when he isn't producing. But imo, even when not at his best he still gives us something that hardly anyone else in our team does - an ability to create a goal or conjure up magic. We already have a superb defense (although once again we haven't kept a single clean sheet this season, partly because we give the ball away too much but mainly because Stubbs is playing - I like Stubbs but he has no pace meaning we have to sit deep, Lescott and Yobo should play EVERY match they're fit at CB and we'd have probably the best partnership in the league) and we need more creativity - FACT. :)

Do you seriously believe Grav is going to give us creativity? He's not fast enough (brainwise and skills wise) to pull it off. He won't be able to keep up anymore, and that will become abundandtly clear once he plays. I just pray he doesn't start any games, unless we're absolutely desperate. Just thinking about him playing ahead of other players in our team fills me with frustration and annoyance.

i agree, its deffo not the great signin i wanted.

but its another to add to a ''small squad'' that we apparently have!

i've said before i think we'll get another in and i think we'll be sayin bye to carsley. which i think is harsh for what he did last year!

it worries me when people are happy about tommy comin back but at around the same age as him! there is a world class player in riquelme linked and were gettin all worried!

should it not be the other way!!!!!!! have you forgot how he ripped us about at Goodison few year back. i can very cearly he were tracking back making things happen. like picking the ball up off his defence and trying to pass his way threw instead of lettin the defence pump it forward!!!! plus unlike osman he is no light weight he can handle him self!!! and boy cant he strike a ball!!!

all these people who said he might not track back and that! i can remeber alot of the time how fernandes went missing but you were all lovin him to come back!

plus and a big plus!! jus think what it would do for the youth we have at the club him and appaih would be great role models!!!!

i agree, its deffo not the great signin i wanted.

but its another to add to a ''small squad'' that we apparently have!

i've said before i think we'll get another in and i think we'll be sayin bye to carsley. which i think is harsh for what he did last year!

it worries me when people are happy about tommy comin back but at around the same age as him! there is a world class player in riquelme linked and were gettin all worried!

should it not be the other way!!!!!!! have you forgot how he ripped us about at Goodison few year back. i can very cearly he were tracking back making things happen. like picking the ball up off his defence and trying to pass his way threw instead of lettin the defence pump it forward!!!! plus unlike osman he is no light weight he can handle him self!!! and boy cant he strike a ball!!!

all these people who said he might not track back and that! i can remeber alot of the time how fernandes went missing but you were all lovin him to come back!

plus and a big plus!! jus think what it would do for the youth we have at the club him and appaih would be great role models!!!!

I haven't seen enough of Riquelme to judge either way on his workrate, I remember him looking a very decent player and he is much bigger than Osman no doubt. I'd just be a bit concerned that we'd HAVE to play him and that he may affect morale if he doesnt pull his weight. The thing is, he won't be signing anyway - someone with his stature in the game and his ability would not be coming to Everton on loan. It's a sad thing to say but it's true - especially as we wouldn't pay the wages and a lot of teams would. The Echo seemed to think we wouldn't be getting anyone else in, personally I'd be absolutely ecstatic if Appiah signed, I'm not particularly bothered either way about Riquelme as he's only a short-term solution anyway.

Let's get Appiah, he could be dynamite for us.

AS expected there are some blues that are not happy with Gravesen coming back, even when he was doing well for us there were fans who thought he was useless.

I do hope he is used sparingly though, as the team we have at the moment should get better with time and experience.

One thing I will say for Gravesen is that he is confident on the ball and I think will provide Arteta with more time and space to work his magic.

AS expected there are some blues that are not happy with Gravesen coming back, even when he was doing well for us there were fans who thought he was useless.

I do hope he is used sparingly though, as the team we have at the moment should get better with time and experience.

One thing I will say for Gravesen is that he is confident on the ball and I think will provide Arteta with more time and space to work his magic.

exactly, we'll finally have someone willing to pick up the ball all day (like Arteta) and who can actually get the ball to Arteta to create some damage. Arteta hardly touched the ball against blackburn, I think the ball spent longer in the air than on the deck or at anyone's feet - it was embarrassing.

I haven't seen enough of Riquelme to judge either way on his workrate, I remember him looking a very decent player and he is much bigger than Osman no doubt. I'd just be a bit concerned that we'd HAVE to play him and that he may affect morale if he doesnt pull his weight. The thing is, he won't be signing anyway - someone with his stature in the game and his ability would not be coming to Everton on loan. It's a sad thing to say but it's true - especially as we wouldn't pay the wages and a lot of teams would. The Echo seemed to think we wouldn't be getting anyone else in, personally I'd be absolutely ecstatic if Appiah signed, I'm not particularly bothered either way about Riquelme as he's only a short-term solution anyway.

Let's get Appiah, he could be dynamite for us.

The thing is with Riquelme he doesn't want to be playing for the massive teams, he's said on a number of occasions he wants to be a big fish in a small pond. So him signing for us wouldnt be such a ridiculous rumour.

exactly, we'll finally have someone willing to pick up the ball all day (like Arteta) and who can actually get the ball to Arteta to create some damage. Arteta hardly touched the ball against blackburn, I think the ball spent longer in the air than on the deck or at anyone's feet - it was embarrassing.

AND...with Gravesen in midfield actually looking for the ball perhaps Hibbert will have someone to pass to, so his distribution might actually improve (I'm not holding my breath about this but it is possible).

Some blues want the club to move forward...

Anyway, Moyes has already come out and said he is here as a squad player which means he is not going to be starting that often...phew.

i agree with romey.

he likes to be centre of attention and i think arteta would benifit from him the most some 1 who he can give the ball 2 instead of every1 jus wanting to give him the ball!

and your sayin about arteta hardly being in the game at rovers yes he wasnt! why cas we didnt have any other people who can pass the ball to him this guy has it in his locker and so much more!

i loved tommy before he went but he is not good enough now to wash riqulemes boots!!! we are talkin about a player who is the main figure head of Argentina, one of the best footballing nations in the world!!!

i agree with romey.

he likes to be centre of attention and i think arteta would benifit from him the most some 1 who he can give the ball 2 instead of every1 jus wanting to give him the ball!

and your sayin about arteta hardly being in the game at rovers yes he wasnt! why cas we didnt have any other people who can pass the ball to him this guy has it in his locker and so much more!

i loved tommy before he went but he is not good enough now to wash riqulemes boots!!! we are talkin about a player who is the main figure head of Argentina, one of the best footballing nations in the world!!!

I'm not trying to say Gravesen is better than Riquelme, just possibly less risky in my eyes and he's better than the CM's we've got (if he's anything like as good as he was before). Gravesen is the figurehead of Denmark, when they played England he was by far the best midfielder on the pitch, not Gerrard or Lampard. Even in the World Cup when we thrashed them (due to Sorensen in goal) he was probably the best player on the pitch. When you put players with movement around him (Jeffers at his best) then Gravesen is excellent. He is one player who can play a through ball, even Arteta doesnt seem to split defences very often - most likely because he plays out wide but even so, the point is valid. When was the last time you saw Johnson go through one on one with the keeper, then think of Campbell, Radzinski and Jeffers and how often they went through one on one with the keeper? I'm not saying Riquelme doesnt have this ability, he does, but I'd far rather we buy Appiah than Riquelme. Gravesen is here now, Riquelme isn't - so lets get behind someone who seems to love the club. I just hope we get Appiah, we need that type of player more than a Fernandez imo.

If Gravesen turns out to be crap then so be it, but I'm prepared to give him a chance. When we are obviously a superior outfit to the opposition and are expected to dominate that's when we'll need Gravesen, as he can make things happen. It doesn't matter who we play with Neville and Carsley in midfield, we'll always struggle to score goals.

i think hedid cut it in SPL he scored 6 goals in 18 gamesalso didnt he score a hattrick against st mirren & 2 in the old firm derby?

I'm not totally against the signing, the more players the better in my book. But i watch hell of alot of SPL games, i'm also a big Rangers fan, I've seen plenty of Celtic games, and know plenty of Celtic fans, i can asure you he was flop. But hey, benifit of the doubt and all that. Come on Tommy :D

well all I can say is, Everton were absolutely abysmal today until Gravesen came on - then guess what, Everton actually start to pass the ball, Everton start to dominate and Gravesen is probably the best player on the pitch. He puts Johnson clean through on goal, he has a hand in another couple of chances and he takes the corner we score off. Anyone who thinks that he doesn't deserve to play in our midfield ahead of Neville or Carsley needs to actually watch the game and recognise talent. Gravesen is BACK and he just won us 3 points :) C'MANNNNNNNNNNNNN! hopefully Neville can be consigned to RB for good. Also, well done Osman - did well when he came on, good job as Arteta was anonymous and Johnson seriously needs a goall.

I'm not trying to say Gravesen is better than Riquelme, just possibly less risky in my eyes and he's better than the CM's we've got (if he's anything like as good as he was before). Gravesen is the figurehead of Denmark, when they played England he was by far the best midfielder on the pitch, not Gerrard or Lampard. Even in the World Cup when we thrashed them (due to Sorensen in goal) he was probably the best player on the pitch. When you put players with movement around him (Jeffers at his best) then Gravesen is excellent. He is one player who can play a through ball, even Arteta doesnt seem to split defences very often - most likely because he plays out wide but even so, the point is valid. When was the last time you saw Johnson go through one on one with the keeper, then think of Campbell, Radzinski and Jeffers and how often they went through one on one with the keeper? I'm not saying Riquelme doesnt have this ability, he does, but I'd far rather we buy Appiah than Riquelme. Gravesen is here now, Riquelme isn't - so lets get behind someone who seems to love the club. I just hope we get Appiah, we need that type of player more than a Fernandez imo.

If Gravesen turns out to be crap then so be it, but I'm prepared to give him a chance. When we are obviously a superior outfit to the opposition and are expected to dominate that's when we'll need Gravesen, as he can make things happen. It doesn't matter who we play with Neville and Carsley in midfield, we'll always struggle to score goals.

dont know which fernandez you're talking about :eh:

have to say tha if grave makes an impression like he did today then i will addmit i was wrong.

jus got back from the game and he was brilliant!

yakubu made the big impression they all looked happy with him in there.

to be fair graveson jus did the same as carsley and holded the midfield but it was his passin that seperated him to carsley!

well done grave keep proving me wrong

I'd rather talk about how good or bad Grav is after more than one game tbh. One game doesn't prove anything. I think it was Osman that changed the game not Grav, but it was his corner that set up Joley so I'll give him that.

it may only be one game, but it's also 2/3 points he's just won for us, they could be invaluable come the end of the season. He turned the game for us when he came on, when you could you ever say that about any of our other midfielders except for possibly Arteta and at a stretch Osman. Carsley and Neville should never play together in centre mid again, hopefully Moyes knows this which is why he bought Gravesen. You keep slagging off Gravesen yet tell me a better alternative in our current squad to play centre mid? there isn't one.

at least tommy has answerd all his knockers....anyway its time some of the blues on this forumn supported the blues instead of slaggin them off... ie kenwright and moyes.

moyes has learned a lot in the last 18 months.

Kenright hasn't tho :D

Grav is a player who will make us play football something I like, Jags should play right back but since Neville has to play so moyes would put him rightback even tho Hibberts better there, so id play jags center midfield untill the african nations.

Arteta---Jagielka---Graveson---Pienaar << Thats our best midfield imo, Osman came on today, I havent seen the game but I bet he played through the middle behind the striker/strikers he's poor on the wing and impresses me more off the bench. Pienaar has impressed me up to now, he looks a threat on the ball, and he's creative.

COYBS!!

Edited by Blue4Ever

Everton let him leave to follow his dream,when they could have held on to him!

He always got on well with Moyes and the fans.......maybe he has a conscience!

Could drive him on a bit for us more than say Celtic!

He'll be plaing aswell for a contract at the end of his loan spell(I think).....That

should put an extra spark in his play.

Maybe an inspired piece of business by Moyes?

If he does it consitently then I'll happily admit I was wrong, because it's always a good thing when a player plays well no matter what your initial impressions were. But after one game I'm not going to fall over myself because he passed a ball well and put in a (peach of a) corner to set up the goal. If he puts in this performance week in week out and not at a ratio of what he did in his first spell then I'll be happy for him to replace Carsley, I've wanted him replaced for over a year now and this could be the best (short term hopefully) opportunity.

If he does it consitently then I'll happily admit I was wrong, because it's always a good thing when a player plays well no matter what your initial impressions were. But after one game I'm not going to fall over myself because he passed a ball well and put in a (peach of a) corner to set up the goal. If he puts in this performance week in week out and not at a ratio of what he did in his first spell then I'll be happy for him to replace Carsley, I've wanted him replaced for over a year now and this could be the best (short term hopefully) opportunity.

In defence of Gravesen in his first spell, we werent the most confident of teams and everything used to go through Gravesen, the policy seemed to be "if in doubt give the ball to Tommy" so its not surprising he made his fair share of mistakes really.

He played well yesterday, lets hope (as you say) he does it consistently.