IGNORED

Tommy G. Glad To Have Him Back

robin.jones

I am pleased as punch to have tommy back. I know he will now be considered a squad player but I think he brings alot to the midfield that we don't have much of.

He is creative doesn't give the ball away and can tackle. He would also rather keep the ball and pick a pass rather than pip and cars who launch it given half a chance.

I also just love to see him get the ball he always looks a threat. not sure why it didn't work out at celtic.

That will be his biggest attribute for us tbh - giving us all a lift.

I follow celtic aswell and tommy wasnt given a fair go up there. Strachan played his mediocre scottish players ahead of him when clearly tommy was a more superior player. Im glad he is back at Goodison and hopefully he can capture the form he showed in his final season with us last time around.

it was only two and a half years ago - Tommy G was our best player and was consistantly putting in performances that had the likes of Real Madrid and Man U after his signiture.

Now with hindsight selling Tommy G is argubley best bit of business the club has ever done - Why, becasue Arteta was brought in as his replacment. We paid less for Arteta than the money we got for Tommy G.

If Gravs is going to get back the form he showed during his last 6 months with Everton, then I think it will be at Goodison as much as anywhere else. A proven 'quality' premiership player, who could turn out to be a massive player for us this season - and has cost bugger all.

Showed in the game againt Bolton he can still give us something. I wouldn't be suprised if a month or so down the line Moyes will have little choice but to have him in the starting line up.

I Graves shows anywhere near the form that had us up in 4th place when he left, then he will turn out to be the bargain of the season

The more I think about it the more I love him as a signing. He loves the club his attitude is spot on he is creative and never gives the ball away. As a last gasp replacement to many FOR FREE I think he will be first team pretty much straight away.

I think with Grav, Jags, Cars and cahill fighting for places that is a pretty strong 4 players for two places. I know nev is loved by moyes but I much prefer him at right back where his hoofed clearances are better needed.

If he had been one of our 'main' targets and signings over the summer I would have been disapointed on the whole.

But as a last ditch transfer following the collapse of the Manny deal - A very very good bit of bussiness in my opinion. I am sure he will not let us down, and it will allow Moyes and the board time to get in another player instead of Maddy. Graves coming instead of Maddy may also be a blessing, as even though a liked Manny - I always thought that £12M for his signiture was top dollar.