Sign in to follow this  
Louis

Moyes To Be Offered A £55,000 Per Week Contract

A lot of money!

It's a big job!!........Looked a huge job after Thursday!

Guess a football managers job is like many other careers.....the longer you do them

the better you get.The mistakes he's making now will help him in a year or two.

So we won't break our wage structure for players like Arteta but we will for the tactically inept David Moyes? I need to lie down.

I see what you're saying but he's the best manager we've had in a long time. Yes his cup record is quite abysmal, but I'd much rather we did well in the league until we have a squad that's big enough to cope with the demands of a good cup run (possibly this season). He has made mistakes, but hopefully he's learning from them. His 451 was a masterstroke (Bent, Cahill) although I think it was more to do with being forced into playing that formation (no other strikers) but he doesn't seem to be able to get the balance right in any other formation as of yet, but he's getting there. It was diabolical the other night, and we haven't exactly played consistently good football since he's been here, but I can't see a better manager out there we could realistically get. Let's get behind him :)

I've always thought it's a bit strange that most managers earn less than a lot of their players.....how would you (in any job) feel if you earned more than your boss?

So I wouldn't see it as breaking the wage structure, but as it's only come from the Scum on Sunday I'd take it with a huge dollop of salt anyway.

It worries me slightly too, Mourinho was on 90,000 a week, Ferguson 80,000 and until recently Wenger was 'only' on £30,000 a week.

It's a step too far in my opinion but it could just Moyes' agents telling News of the World they want a new deal.