IGNORED

Michael Kightly

Guest blueboy122

Guest blueboy122

My Freind Who Works In Birmingham works in and around Wolves Fc with finance and things to do with players agents. I was informed that Everton were intrested in this lad a couple of months back. well my freind who works for "Meager Wood Locke & Company" was taling to the players agent and he was saying that due to the clubs lack of ambition he will be looking for a move away from Birmingham because they dont stand a very good chance of promotion.

I Dont No If This Is True Tho. Probs Bollocks But Thought Id Post Anyway!

What Position Does The Lad Play? Could He Cut It In The Prem??

Opions?

Thanks

Kightly scored his first ever league goal to earn a 1-0 victory at QPR. His form at Wolves led him to be dubbed "The Ryan Giggs of non-league football", and it was reported that Alex Ferguson was interested in signing Kightly for Manchester United.[4] After scoring two goals in five games, his loan move was made permanent when he signed a two-and-a-half year contract for a nominal fee on New Years Day 2007, that would keep him at Molineux until June 2009.[5]

He became a first-team regular in the remainder of the season, and his six goals helped the club into a play-off position. His performances made him a fans' favourite, ending up as runner-up for Wolves' Player of the Year 2006-07, losing out to goalkeeper Matt Murray. After missing out on promotion, it was reported that he was being tracked by clubs such as Aston Villa, Charlton, Spurs, Portsmouth and Everton.[6] Kightly ended such speculation though by signing a new four-year deal with Wolves in June 2007.[7]

His first full season with the club though has been severely hampered by a persistent ankle injury suffered in November 2007, from which he has twice tried to comeback into first team football

another left back with persistant ankle injuries? possibly not biggest priority imo but then again davey has plenty of faith in baines

That isn't him in the pic. He's a winger - wolves signed him from non-league footie a couple of seasons back, but when fit he's supposidly their best player by far (although they have 2 good young keepers, hennessy/murray).

He signed a contract last summer - that's why he didn't leave, he wanted to try get up with wolves - they won't go up it's safe to say - so he may be looking for a move in the summer if he can get fit...

Kightly was at Grays before joining Wolves.

He was named the Ryan Giggs of the Non League.

To be honest.. I don't think he'd cut it in the Premiership.. Just like i always said about our very own Giles Barnes.

Personally, if someone would have bid £3/4 million for Barnes, i'd of snapped their hands off.

But the only time Kightly will play Premiership football will be with Wolves... and I can't see that happening for a while.

• 3 weeks later...