IGNORED

Tim Cahill

Ian

So your feelings for your sister who in your own words you clearly love very much wouldn't change if you discovered that she was a cold blooded killer! I wasn't actually going to dignify this garbage with a response but really I can not simply ignore your incredible stupidity. Your assumption that Cahill's actions did not offend anybody is ludicrous - personally I found them offensive - the victim who I hope has not seen them would think that Cahill was simply laughing in his face! Do you honestly believe the spin that has been put on this, and more than likely by some smart mouthed legal adviser, that he was simply supporting his brother. I sore Cahill's goal celebration live and it never once crossed my mind that it was a display of support for his brother. Condoning thuggery however did! His actions were extremely offensive and I just wonder if he even apologised of his own volition?

in wasnt offended, so i guess i must condone thugary too?

do you have a brother or sister?

Guest once-a-blue!
in wasnt offended, so i guess i must condone thugary too?

do you have a brother or sister?

Sorry but I don't understand "in wasn't offended" ? If you mean you were not offended then frankly that does not surprise me and by the way that you are defending Cahill's totally inappropriate behaviour does give the impression that you have very little sympathy towards the victim of his brothers cowardly actions.

To answer your question yes I have both a brother and sister and if one of them committed a similar crime they would not receive any public displays of support from myself. Cahill's actions had no place in sport!

If his celebration was to take the piss out of the victim surely he would have kicked the floor or booted the corner flag, all he was doing was showing a sign of support to his brother, and if you dont see that i think your blind, cos i dont see how you think Tim was offending the victim.

i'm in agreeance with stevo here, once-a-blue! i think your a bit naive and going over the top.

at no point has cahill said he support the act of his brother. it isn't a case of sympathy. i don't care what you say, if your brother or sister did something like that, you'd think they were stupid but it would hurt you to lose them.

he wasn't condoning the behaviour, he wasn't saying free my brother, he was just showing that he was going to miss him, and that he's upset by it all.

99 people out of 100 will stick by their family, through thick and thin, it's part of our nature, and if it happened to you, you'd be heartbroken, whether you disagree with the actions or not.

Guest once-a-blue!
i'm in agreeance with stevo here, once-a-blue! i think your a bit naive and going over the top.

at no point has cahill said he support the act of his brother. it isn't a case of sympathy. i don't care what you say, if your brother or sister did something like that, you'd think they were stupid but it would hurt you to lose them.

he wasn't condoning the behaviour, he wasn't saying free my brother, he was just showing that he was going to miss him, and that he's upset by it all.

99 people out of 100 will stick by their family, through thick and thin, it's part of our nature, and if it happened to you, you'd be heartbroken, whether you disagree with the actions or not.

If you think that I am being naive and going over the top I think you should have another look at Cahill's goal celebration again - the words naive and going over the top describe Cahill's behaviour very well - do you think the victim appreciates that thumping the corner flag is Cahill's usual goal celebration? Take off the blue specs and forget about the spin that Cahill tried to put on his actions Think you are missing the point boys and defending some very inappropriate behaviour. Remember what most Evertonian's thought about Fowler sniffing the touch-line.

im sorry but the victims thoughts about cahills thumping of the flag is irrelevant. whether its usual, not usual, offensive to him or not it's nothign to do with him.

the handcuff thing is related, and that was showing his sadness, find me a quote or an image displaying cahill condoning the actions of his brother. if crossing your wrists is offensive because it is perceived to be condoning violence, well i don't know whats happening with the world. a celebration is personal, cahill was reflecting his sadness about losing his brother. i don't see the issue here, i wonder if the victim feels offended?

i can't even see a reason to argue this anymore, if you or anyone else perceives something, that's up to you. i perceive some oranges to look a bit red, doesn't make them red.

Guest once-a-blue!
im sorry but the victims thoughts about cahills thumping of the flag is irrelevant. whether its usual, not usual, offensive to him or not it's nothign to do with him.

the handcuff thing is related, and that was showing his sadness, find me a quote or an image displaying cahill condoning the actions of his brother. if crossing your wrists is offensive because it is perceived to be condoning violence, well i don't know whats happening with the world. a celebration is personal, cahill was reflecting his sadness about losing his brother. i don't see the issue here, i wonder if the victim feels offended?

i can't even see a reason to argue this anymore, if you or anyone else perceives something, that's up to you. i perceive some oranges to look a bit red, doesn't make them red.

Ffs what do you find so difficult to comprehend? His brothers actions were reprehensible and any kind of support from Cahill can easily be misconstrued. Personally if I did not no better I would think that his cross hands gesture and the punching of the corner flag were related. Perhaps you also disagree with the following link in such a dismissive and juvenile manner! Make sure you read the views of the 26 people who felt sufficiently incensed to comment - NOT SURPRISINGLY CAHILL GET'S VERY LITTLE SUPPORT FOR HIS MOROSE BEHAVIOUR!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

Ffs what do you find so difficult to comprehend? His brothers actions were reprehensible and any kind of support from Cahill can easily be misconstrued. Personally if I did not no better I would think that his cross hands gesture and the punching of the corner flag were related. Perhaps you also disagree with the following link in such a dismissive and juvenile manner! Make sure you read the views of the 26 people who felt sufficiently incensed to comment - NOT SURPRISINGLY CAHILL GET'S VERY LITTLE SUPPORT FOR HIS MOROSE BEHAVIOUR!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

I'm sorry but you've lost the argument (and the plot imo) when you look to Daily Mail readers for moral guidance. Good grief <_< .

TC has apologised,

"I...intended to signify to my brother that I was thinking of him and missing him. It was not intended to cause any offence to any other party and I wholeheartedly apologise if any offence was caused.”

I was dubious about it also if you look back in the thread but it's done to death now. Says in the TT user guidelines..

"it's worth noting that when a discussion reaches a dead end or logger head. We have found it much better from experlence to simply Agree To Disagree".

I initially thought it was harmless enough, but as someone said earlier - if Joey Barton had've done the same thing I would have thought 'what a tit.' Cahill didn't need to give his brother a public display of support, because quite frankly, he doesn't deserve one - do it in private.