IGNORED

Tim Cahill

Ian

I know alot of fans regard Cahill as just a goal scorer who doesnt contribute much else but I think recently he has improved alot of other aspects of his game. (Note: Not to say supporters dont think hes a bad player!!)

His link up play with Yakubu and Pienarr has been brilliant in the last few games, hes been in the thick of several of the goals scored recently, playing some lovely passes including the one midweek against brann when he flicked the ball back into the path of The Yak to finish.

As well as his passing his running with the ball has improved. Hes more comfortable on the ball and gets in between players to win free kicks an awful lot.

Its nice too se players improving before your eyes, its great to see him still finding the net but because of his new improved abilities in other areas of the game I think Tim has become an even better player than he once was.

TIM CAHILL....

What has happened with his brother? On the phone in on the way home he said his 'emotional celebration' was for him?

Cahill was quality today - you have yourselves a very rare and valuable commodity in him - the goalscoring mid-fielder.

Furthermore, yes, his passing, touch and link-up has improved, but what really strikes me about him is his work rate. Its pretty phenomenal to see a supposed goal-scoring playmaker working back hard and making tackles and crucially making the hard yards.

Cahill is a quality player and would push for a place in most Prem teams.

Nice to see him back to something like normal form, if you look back at the goal he makes a thirty yard run to arrive in the box at the right time, no chance of anybody picking him up.

I've been very critical of him in recent weeks but have to hold my hands up and say when he scores goals that other midfielders cant, its good to see him him playing well again.

How many assists has Pienaar provided for his teammates this season, i fookin love him and i hope to fook we sign him QUICKLY.

Hmmmm, his brother did go down for GBH after jumping bail, running back to Oz and then being deported back....feel a bit more for what the victim and his his family are going through/have been through than TC and his family tbh :) .

The attack on 11 July 2004 in Bromley, Kent left the victim partially blinded after CCTV controllers spotted Cahill's older brother kicking his victim in the head twice as he lay on the floor.

Police found the victim semi-conscious and bleeding heavily and speaking in January, Detective Constable Will Hope described the attack as "brutal and terrifying".

TC's a cracking bloke and I'm sure he loves his brother whatever the circumstances but Joey Barton probably still loves his brother as well, would a similar celebration from him be acceptable?

Edited by MikeO

Hmmmm, his brother did go down for GBH after jumping bail, running back to Oz and then being deported back....feel a bit more for what the victim and his his family are going through/have been through than TC and his family tbh :) .

The attack on 11 July 2004 in Bromley, Kent left the victim partially blinded after CCTV controllers spotted Cahill's older brother kicking his victim in the head twice as he lay on the floor.

Police found the victim semi-conscious and bleeding heavily and speaking in January, Detective Constable Will Hope described the attack as "brutal and terrifying".

TC's a cracking bloke and I'm sure he loves his brother whatever the circumstances but Joey Barton probably still loves his brother as well, would a similar celebration from him be acceptable?

I had a flag made for my mate who's in jail at the Nurnberg game, the lad made his mistakes & is paying for it but that doesnt mean I shouldnt show him I'm supporting him from out here!

I like when footballers make an honest statement, although I used it against him in many arguments I was secretly laughing inside at fowler's line snorting celebration. Good on the lad for sticking it back to the fans.

I've got no problem with TC doing it at all, just disagree with comments like..

"His family have been through hell..."

...seemingly without a thought for the victim.

Josh got beaten up coming home from school last week, the lad's mother came to see us over the week-end and she's obviously going through rough time (police involved, son excluded from school) but I'd find it hard to sympathise with her tbh.

(way :offtopic: I know, but it explains why my impeccable liberal credentials have slipped a bit)

Edited by MikeO

I've got no problem with TC doing it at all, just disagree with comments like..

"His family have been through hell..."

...seemingly without a thought for the victim.

Josh got beaten up coming home from school last week, the lad's mother came to see us over the week-end and she's obviously going through rough time (police involved, son excluded from school) but I'd find it hard to sympathise with her tbh.

I get your point but if the tables were turned Mike you'd appriciate the friend put aside right & wrong and was just there for you!

Tonight on BBC Radio 5, from 11:00-ish, an Evertonian will be on the station, to defend Tim Cahill's actions after scoring the goal v Portsmouth. Harry Harris from the Daily Express will argue that it was distasteful.

How anyone from the Daily Express can be a judge of "good taste" is frankly beyond me :) . Make Ghengis Khan appear like a wooly minded liberal.

Should be interesting though :) .

people making a fuss out of nothing, cahill scored his first goal since his brother was convicted, but some of the shite been spouted is unbelieveable, "he's promoting GBH" "Doesnt care about the victim" "Should be banned"

this is what the judge said to chris on sentencing

"You have committed a very serious offence, but as a young man of previous good character I will want a pre-sentence report," the judge said over the sobs of Cahill's family.

"It is very sad to see a young man with so much good in him ... convicted of this extremely serious offence,"

"But be under no illusion: I cannot see how there can be a sentence other than a term of imprisonment for this grave offence."

Anyone who kicks someone in the face while they are on the ground deserves to be punished!

Get over it Tim!......You don't owe your brother anything!

He left the country to avoid the justice system, so he knew he was guilty.

Of course it has to be on Tims mind, but lets hope he can settle now to the task in hand, his job!

his WELL paid job!

Opponents see Cahill as a major threat.......at his best he is a major threat.

Drop the handcuffs Tim..........the court case is over, there's nothing you can do now.

Just keep on punching that corner flag...........once or twice, every week would be nice!

Guest once-a-blue!

people making a fuss out of nothing, cahill scored his first goal since his brother was convicted, but some of the shite been spouted is unbelieveable, "he's promoting GBH" "Doesnt care about the victim" "Should be banned"

Please get in the real world!

Showing any kind of support for a mindless cowardly thug is not clever especially when you are regarded as a role model. Ok so he got himself smartened up to impress the judge and in return the judge gave him a very meaningful jail sentence for the disgusting crime that he committed together with a few words of sympathy, if the judge has been correctly quoted which personally I doubt! These cowardly crimes are becoming more common place and the vast majority are either not reported or never get to court and the lifelong problems that the victims face are ignored. THERE IS A VAST DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE FIRST TIME SOMEBODY APPEARS IN COURT AND THE FIRST TIME THEY COMMITTED A CRIME!

My sympathy for the Cahill family is zero and all their very misguided son has achieved is advertising the revolting behaviour of his brother to a massive audience! That in itself gives an indication of the sort of intelligence we are dealing with. Cahill has since apologised for his idiotic behaviour and hopefully he will now spend a little more time reflecting on the victim who has set up a new life in America and faces the possibility of total blindness in the future rather than displaying any sort of support for his brother who frankly got exactly what he deserved.

Ok so he got himself smartened up to impress the judge and in return the judge gave him a very meaningful jail sentence for the disgusting crime that he committed together with a few words of sympathy, if the judge has been correctly quoted which personally I doubt!

Wrong the judge gave him the minimum sentence. a judge has got a better idea of sean cahill's character from the trial. he wouldn't give a minimum sentence to someone with a previous history of violence and/or disorder, even if they were all smartened up. but then we don't have to official court record so we can only guess on how he was presented.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/tim-cahil...9554581531.html

the quote is bit below the picture. happy to allay your doubts.

Guest once-a-blue!
Wrong the judge gave him the minimum sentence. a judge has got a better idea of sean cahill's character from the trial. he wouldn't give a minimum sentence to someone with a previous history of violence and/or disorder, even if they were all smartened up. but then we don't have to official court record so we can only guess on how he was presented.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/tim-cahil...9554581531.html

the quote is bit below the picture. happy to allay your doubts.

As I said please get into the real world!

I did not doubt that the judges quote had been put in print - I doubted whether he was correctly quoted! So no you did not allay my doubts.

I am quite surprised at your casual attitude to this debate? The minimum sentence for the crime was 6 years. Doesn't that in itself tell you something? I wonder if you could remain so relaxed if a member of your family had been Cahill's victim.

i doubt for one minute cahill is agreeing with what his bro had done, but even if my sister was a cold blooded killer and ended up in jail, id still miss her, id still want her to know i was thinking of her, id still love her as i always have. regardless of any actions, sean cahill and tim cahill are brothers, actions and circumstance would not change that.

yes, there is a victim of the crime sean commited, there is no victim to tim cahill sending a message of support to his brother who he misses and clearly loves very much.

Guest once-a-blue!
i doubt for one minute cahill is agreeing with what his bro had done, but even if my sister was a cold blooded killer and ended up in jail, id still miss her, id still want her to know i was thinking of her, id still love her as i always have. regardless of any actions, sean cahill and tim cahill are brothers, actions and circumstance would not change that.

yes, there is a victim of the crime sean commited, there is no victim to tim cahill sending a message of support to his brother who he misses and clearly loves very much.

So your feelings for your sister who in your own words you clearly love very much wouldn't change if you discovered that she was a cold blooded killer! I wasn't actually going to dignify this garbage with a response but really I can not simply ignore your incredible stupidity. Your assumption that Cahill's actions did not offend anybody is ludicrous - personally I found them offensive - the victim who I hope has not seen them would think that Cahill was simply laughing in his face! Do you honestly believe the spin that has been put on this, and more than likely by some smart mouthed legal adviser, that he was simply supporting his brother. I sore Cahill's goal celebration live and it never once crossed my mind that it was a display of support for his brother. Condoning thuggery however did! His actions were extremely offensive and I just wonder if he even apologised of his own volition?