IGNORED

Avram Grant Sacked

Can't say im surprised. He did well enough, would have been interesting to see what he would do with another premiership team, im not saying its easy to manage chelsea but i do wonder how good he is as a manger. But as Mark said it is pretty shitty as he did quite well. I was surprised tbh.

grant's quiet way of management, showed up the chelsea players as spoilt brats, because of the media attention on some of their actions (cole turning his back on the ref, drogba's hystrionics etc) whereas jose would come out with some statement the press would lap up and the players behaviour would be swept under carpet.

so no doubt the playes cost him his job.

Treated poorly, came in a director of football ask to do a job as manager and then sacked at the end of it! glad im not Roman's mate :-)... Think Frank Rij will get the job he has been let go by Barca and Jose will probably end up at Barca/Inter.

Treated poorly, came in a director of football ask to do a job as manager and then sacked at the end of it! glad im not Roman's mate :-)... Think Frank Rij will get the job he has been let go by Barca and Jose will probably end up at Barca/Inter.

come on, he was brought in to replace mourinho anyway.

but i have no problem with this, i don't like him and as the great jose said (or near enough) 'almost is a term for losers'

Edited by CraccerC

come on mac, its no worse than what happened to jose. he actually won things.

all grant has done was blow a cup final, fail to win the league, and lose a cup final which in truth could have gone either way. mourinho won trophies every year. grant has nothing, besides he was only a stopgap in the first place. anyone who is surprised shouldn't be, avram grant wasn't a big enough name or a good enough manager to manage chelsea.

I suppose what I am driving at is a lack of foresight by most Prem chairmen with regard to giving someone a decent amount of time in order to stamp their own authority on a team. Maybe its an age thing but to think of the time Ferguson was given at Manure was (4 years) before he won anything SHOULD be the norm and it boils my onions that this is a thing of the past.

ATB

Mac