IGNORED

James Milner

To steal a phrase from that pube headed prick Keegan...

" I would live it, absolutely love it"... if we signed Milner. :D

I too would prefer him to SWP, plays on the left which is a rarity, must be knocking on full England cap after about 30 games for the U21's.

When I saw the transfer request I thought he's be a great signing, young (22) but experienced in the Prem, English, good going forward, can score goals...

Think he's definitely on his way to Villa though... which makes the urgency for us to sign better players and improve even more so. O'Neill is assembling a handy squad there, not just a team but a full squad- maybe DM should take a leaf out of his book.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the fuck are reds doing on this site. youve got far too much time on your hands kopite

Macca,

IF YOU LOOK AT HIS POST COUNT AND HOW MANY YEARS HE'S BEEN ON THIS SITE YOU MIGHT KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING.

Has been around a lot longer than you, and talks a lot of sense. He does'nt slag anybody off and we try not to slag him off.

So I would ask you to think about what you post in future. ( Toffeetalk.com, For the thinking Evertonian). Cheers.

I do like Milner (as a person) i think he conducts himself very well, i lke that he doesn't use an agent or anything like that. But I can see him fitting in well at everton but i can't see him coming here. He's be a good (but very expensive) addition to the squad. Not sure if he's worth 10m, but what's anyone worth anymore! Prices nowdays are plain stupid.

I do like Milner (as a person) i think he conducts himself very well, i lke that he doesn't use an agent or anything like that. But I can see him fitting in well at everton but i can't see him coming here. He's be a good (but very expensive) addition to the squad. Not sure if he's worth 10m, but what's anyone worth anymore! Prices nowdays are plain stupid.

I agree with what your saying mate he does seem a good lad who would fit in well here i know prices are bonkers in todays monopoly but for a talented young English player id say he'd be worth it.

I agree with what your saying mate he does seem a good lad who would fit in well here i know prices are bonkers in todays monopoly but for a talented young English player id say he'd be worth it.

I'd be disappointed if we've bid £10m for Milner, he's not bad but he's not £10m worth of player, he's not as good as Arteta and Pienaar imo and we have more pressing needs than wingers (especially if this Obinna deal is true). Buy a striker or another central midfielder - unless he's hoping to move Arteta inside.

'Everton_Worshiper' date='Aug 29 2008, 8:36 AM' post='133809']

Imagine though, having Milner as a right side touchline winger, Obinna as a left sided touchline winger raining balls into the box for Yak, Cheebs (Zigic[/b]?) etc

Hope this one has some truth and we have turned his head from Villa...

It gives you a near errection doesn't it :lol::lol::lol:

The next three days will be fascinating

The next 3 days might be fascinating but the following few months wont be.

We not going to spend £10m on 1 player.

As Mark said before can't see us spending more than £3m on a player.

Think that DM will wait to January to spend and that will depend where we are in the table.

If we sign a few quality players to go with the 2 (maybe 3) free and loan players like some of the players we have been linked with I will be happy.

I wont be happy if we just end up with the 2 signings we have made plus maybe the loan sign of victor team mate and can anyone on here honestly say they will be. Regardless of that they might not have cost us any money it will show once and for all what Evertons future will always hold until a billonaire comes on board - Hope followed by disapointment.

Think that DM will wait to January to spend and that will depend where we are in the table.

If we sign a few quality players to go with the 2 (maybe 3) free and loan players like some of the players we have been linked with I will be happy.

I wont be happy if we just end up with the 2 signings we have made plus maybe the loan sign of victor team mate and can anyone on here honestly say they will be. Regardless of that they might not have cost us any money it will show once and for all what Evertons future will always hold until a billonaire comes on board - Hope followed by disapointment.

I actually believe we only have the money from the sale of AJ and that is what we have offered for Milner. Our performances on the park will be my measure of success and I hope Moyes has done the best he can under these 'circumstances'

Which billionaire do you want pick anyone from..................................its not going to happen any time soon mate

I just don't get the negativity. Yes we do not have massive financial clout but you enjoy what you have got. I am still waiting for that elusive positive comment from you...

No idea which billionaire I would want to join. Not really to bothered at the moment if I am honest.

Just want the club to be able to push forward like all the teams around us have done this summer.

I hope that Everton can keep our starting 11 fit thoughout the season and if they can then there should be no reason why we can't still have a semi decent season.

When the inuries and suspenstions start piling up thats when I think we will have a season.

No idea which billionaire I would want to join. Not really to bothered at the moment if I am honest.

Just want the club to be able to push forward like all the teams around us have done this summer.

I hope that Everton can keep our starting 11 fit thoughout the season and if they can then there should be no reason why we can't still have a semi decent season.

When the inuries and suspenstions start piling up thats when I think we will have a season.

Adam that is what we all want, we all know what our limitations are and in time we will find out what exactly went wrong this term as something must have. It is one of those situations, is your glass half empty or half full, try looking on the brightside mate it helps.

The thing between Milner and SWP is that Milner still has alot of time to improve, he is alot younger than SWP. 10m may seem a high price, but he's english, its going to be a stupid price.

I'm not sure if it would be a great move, but if we want the players then we need to pay the price.

£10-12m is too much for Milner.

If Faddy was £5.5m then Milner is worth no more than £7-8m.

Solid player but not spectacular. Would have preffered SWP by a long way.

Is Faddy worth 5.5m? Is SWP worth 10m? I'd say all of the prices quoted here are above their true valuation so i'd expect to pay a little more for Milner than expected. I do think that he's proven over quite a few seasons now that he's a good honest, hardworking player that doesn't mind getting stuck in and scores goals and has time to improve. Bring him on, reckon he'd be great in a blue shirt.

Milner seems to have been around for such a long time that you tend to forget that he is still a young man, i thought 10 million pounds was too much but after thinking about it he is one of those players who is totally professional both on and off the field.

When names like Pennant, Bowyer, Barton and similar so called pro's are mentioned, Milner is in a different class........ Young, English, Hard working, Scores goals and can play wide, we could also have him for the next ten years or double our money if we sold him. So i say to Davey, if you want him and 10million will get him, Go ahead.