IGNORED

Gilberto Silva & Sebastien Bassong

Gilberto Silva from Arsenal? He has already signed for Panathanicos hasn't he? I'm pretty sure he is going there anyway. Good player though. Too old though for what we need.

no he aint signed yet. too old? david beckham is 2 years older but im sure everybody would have him in the midfield.

i think gilberto is a top class midfielder who is still first choice for brazil. this has been confirmed by

www.bbc.co.uk/sport and i think he'd be a good buy.

Kegan is an absolute tit

i Know he sed he wants his team to be LIKE everton when we beat them last game of the season

but now he is trying to be everton! everyone we go for newcastle are there it takes the piss!

Listen, at this rate, we couldn't sign autographs.

i think gilberto would be a good buy. sure there are factors about his age, but remember carsley was older and we would have been more than happy for him to stay. ideally yes somebody younger would be good, but with saying that gilberto has got the experience of playing in europe that we will need in the upcoming season.

Hes a quality player I would take Gilberto but I think we were to late. I have always said we should get Gilberto got bags of euro experience as someone correctly said in a preveious post.

Dunno about Bassong tho never heard of him and unless I hear anything good about him or see anything good about him we are making the right choice not to sign him hes unproven and if nobodys heared of him he cant be that key player that we need to brake into the top four.

Guest blueboy122

I dont think we could afford silva's wages anyway. i wouldnt really want him to be in a blue shirt that much anyway i would much rather we spend are tight transfer budget on english talent and much younger than gilberto. Huddleston would have been my first choice but hes not an option anymore

josh i think its unfair to say just because we have never heard of him it doesnt meen he isnt a good player you could have said that about a number of players we have brought in.. mikel arteta?

josh i think its unfair to say just because we have never heard of him it doesnt meen he isnt a good player you could have said that about a number of players we have brought in.. mikel arteta?

You make a good point there but I think now we have to start looking at players with good reputations aswell as being a good player. That doesn't mean that we can't sign players that nobodys heard of.

Guest blueboy122

Yes i agree josh. so we are both saying everton must sign bigger players with reputations before we fill our squad up with free bee's.

i think that filling our squad is a must last season we felt the affects of having a depleted squad so lets hope we learn from our mistakes and form a larger sqaud so we can fight on all fronts.

Guest blueboy122

Yes Stevo having an agent who touts your arse off is all well and good and does help build ur reputaion. but veron and morientes are quality players maybe not in our league but they both are. you become a big player and get a reputation by being a quality player. i dont no a player who isnt big or hasnt a reputaion that isnt good. every player which u may give an example of to prove me wrong u will prove yourself wrong because they must be good because you have heard of them and have a reputation of being good. unless of course u mention titus bramble.

Guest blueboy122

Well to push on stevo we need to sign big players with big names? like aimar when he was availble. i jsut cant understabd were your coming from? your saying the more realistic names are players from the championship and other teams cast offs. that was all well and good for getting us to the stage we are in now but for us to break into the top 4 we need to sign BIG players or at least attempt to.

get realistic stevo we cant break into that top 4 with some of the names who are continuely in our first 11 week in week out. not mentioning any names. but its clear that we cant with our current squad.