IGNORED

Stadium Decision

Louis

Check out the comments on KEIOC.net ha ha

im not gonna agree with slaggin each other off but ..... its good reading

Nice to see some suporters of Project Kirkby too.... considering there were not ment to be many..... ha ha

I especially like this one from a MR Stephen Griffen

"TODAY IS AS GOOD AS WINNING A TROPHY FOR PROPER EVERTONIAN FAMILIES."

I take it thats from one of the bunch that wouldnt step foot in Kirkby to watch the Blues hey... Proper fans Hey

really? i never heard him express an interest one way or the other

on one of the uefa games on itv he was interviewed in the little videos they play in the build up. his only reply was "im a traditionalist"

plus he was happy to pose for pictures with KEIOC flags, one member on here has it as his sig. could have been really bad PR if pushed on this.

before dangermouse jumps on me, im not saying he was in support of KEIOC but if he was for the move it would have been a bad step getting on them photos.

DangerMouse are you saying they are not real fans because they oppose the move to kirkby? because they expect the truth from the club?

and you say the club dont need to be honest because they are a business? well, they need to be honest to the shareholders do they not? and just so you know, they were not honest to the shareholders, just as they were not honest to everyone else. but that doesnt matter, real fans like you will accept that, because thats what real fans do.

i understand you opinion of we need to move ASAP, sort of, but its that common opinion that has been exploited into accepting second best.

mikels left tezzer - damn good post, well thought out it seems, and put forward very well

No i dont say there not proper fans.... but comments were coming out like " ill never set foot in kirkby to watch the blues"

Just reading some of the posts on KEIOC you can see things just turning into a slanging match...... must admit i had a go at stairing it up a little though ha ha

As far as DM goes....... ha ha well i think hes got to his own thoughts and opinions so, no i wont be having a go this time....

At least AJ has gone.....and maybe we may have a signing or three when i get up in the morning.....just a bit optomistic there

yes but opinion is divided. for some it will be progress albeit in a strange 1 step forward 2 steps back kind of way.

in the short term kirkby might have been a good option, but in 30 years time when everton are know as the kirkby kesrals, the 100+ years of history would have been dismissed and the fan base would have been limited to kirkby and the localised surrounding area. i only see less and less people attending and the club fading away. we would end up simlar to MK dons, and without the right investment probably in a worst situation with the debt of the stadium around our necks.

i just think about why i have gone the match when for the past 25 we've been more shit than good, it is to do with the tradition, the history and my community rather than the trophies that we should have won. Goodison park is home until such time that the right investors are in place and the team are performing on the pitch.. then expanding, developement should take place.

as i've said previously, if people are doing their jobs properly they would have a plan b, and this summer wouldnt have happened.

we deserve more,

remember this is our city and we are their history.

2nd best isn't good enough, and kirkby was 2nd best merely because of the fact that the fan base was significantly divided.

well from your logic louis.......Every thing that has been said by DM, BK,KW has been judeged to be lies............. so why not

I've not got a bad word to say about David Moyes, Bill Kenwright is seemingly stuck between a rock and a hard place and Keith Wyness has stated things that were never likely to become reality.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this DangerMouse. You see the call in as a catastrophe whilst I see it as a fresh opportunity. We have a new CEO who may be more willing to speak to Liverpool City Council with a view to upgrading Goodison Park or moving towards the city centre which in my opinion are the more sensible options.

I'm in 2 minds about this news. Initially I was all in favour of going (With the Information we were given at first) but as time wore on costs escalated, the stadium went from "world class" to "mid level", the transport issues etc I changed my mind.

What the outcome of this decision will mean to our near and not too distant future remains to be seen, but I reckon it's the end of the road for Destination Kirkby, and I think Louis is right, now could be the chance for the club to re-evaluate everything and start again.

Edited by iggy

Goodison park is home until such time that the right investors are in place and the team are performing on the pitch.. then expanding, developement should take place.

as i've said previously, if people are doing their jobs properly they would have a plan b, and this summer wouldnt have happened.

we deserve more,

remember this is our city and we are their history.

2nd best isn't good enough, and kirkby was 2nd best merely because of the fact that the fan base was significantly divided.

that is a damn good view of it, and i for one agree

Do you forget "ferguson is god" that we have already had two plans IN liverpool fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you forget the outcry against johnson for trying to move to aintree

Did you forget the outcry from "Goodison for everton" when we tried to move to the kings dock...

Do you remeber LCC fucking us off in all atempts to build in the city including the above..?????

It wasnt until we called their bluff that they actually gave a fuck......

Slow down there grumpy i am for moving away from Goodison(eventhough i love it so) but I dont think moving out the city is the answer. If we move out of the city we would lose a generation of fans. And ino ppl have said we would get a new generation but nothing like the 1 we would lose is we moved out of liverpool. And "DangerMouse" I believe that in your last statement "It wasnt until we called their bluff that they actually gave a fuck" is correct and now LCC know that everton would move out of the city(even thought i dont want them to) they shit themselves and now believe they will do anything to keep us IN the city

• 2 weeks later...

I dont believe It will go through but...... The whole point WAS to get the project called in hence to stall it and price Everton out of any move.... so no its NOT great News for the "NO" camp

Im sure they were expecting it to start much later...

Edited by DangerMouse

I dont believe It will go through but...... The whole point WAS to get the project called in hence to stall it and price Everton out of any move.... so no its NOT great News for the "NO" camp

Im sure they were expecting it to start much later...

Yep the "NO" (or lets just call them KEIOC) were planning on a lengthy delay in any review, that's why 12 months was being mentioned by the press. 12 months would essentially kill of the project due to costs etc

So if it is reviewed and approved by December I will send KEIOC a chirstmas card :)

The part were the public put forward their views and evidence etc. may be done in time for Christmas but the final decision will in all likely be Summer 09 (at best due to legal challenges regarding land disposal, public procurement rules, competition laws and CPO appeals). Apparently the Daily Post reported it would be done and dusted by Christmas which is plain wrong.

the idea wasnt just to get it called in, the idea was to get it reviewed. there is enough legislation problems in the planning application that it should be turned down anyway, or at least open doors for LCC to get involved.

i think a lot of the YES gang presume KEIOC are short sighted and shallow with their view point. maybe if their views were looked at, and their points acknowledged, some of the YES gang may see that KEIOC have a lot of good reason and a lot of evidence to the lies that have been believed.