IGNORED

Leighton Baines For £6 Million

A number of papers are claiming that Roy Keane has tabled a £6m bid for Leighton Baines.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle1545318.ece

With no new signings to speak of and Pienaar out with a metatarsal break do we sell and try and bolster the squad in midfield and up front or do we keep the promising youngster for the future?

Shouldn look at selling him at all.

Already a small squad with the major possibility of no new signings coming in before the transfer window closes and if get another couple of injuries early going to struggle to field a team.

I beleive that LB will come good. Had a nighmare first season due to injury but with it looking that maybe Jag or Yobo might have to fill in midfield roll Lescott will go to centre back and LB will go to the LB position

And shouldn have to sell to buy. Already sold Fad and AJ for over £16m (reported)

Shouldn look at selling him at all.

Already a small squad with the major possibility of no new signings coming in before the transfer window closes and if get another couple of injuries early going to struggle to field a team.

I beleive that LB will come good. Had a nighmare first season due to injury but with it looking that maybe Jag or Yobo might have to fill in midfield roll Lescott will go to centre back and LB will go to the LB position

And shouldn have to sell to buy. Already sold Fad and AJ for over £16m (reported)

I think the boy is quality. He didn't play much last year because of injury and the fact we had such a small side (in stature).

If we can get a few lumps in the side then we will see much more of him.

There was talk a few weeks ago that DM was wanting to swap him for Warnock. The prob with Baines is not his size but the fact that he is not very good at defending, and that is his main job, Lescott will always get picked before Baines, and on several occasions Valente was selected ahead of him.

But in answer to the question, No i wouldnt sell because we need the bodies, and also because i think Baines can become a better defender. He is great going forward but needs to get much better at defending.

I would also say no to this right now as I think Bainsey is a good player who is still young and english and will improve, and right now we just cannot afford to lose another first team player.

If we had brought in a few new players then would accept to give us more cash to strengthen the areas we are more desperate for ie def mid, right back, att mid, and striker.

But with our wafer thin squad we need every single body at the moment as looks like it could be a very long season as it stands!!!!

COYB'S

A big no from me, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's sold and this money also fast disappears :(

A massive no from me. Really good player who can play on the left wing if called apon as well. Given the injuries and lack of numbers we would be shooting ourselves in the foot selling someone who has quality and will get a run sooner rather than later.

We can't afford to let this guy go under any circumstances at the minute.

He will play left mid on saturday, and with the chat about Pienar being out for 7 weeks his versatility is even more vital now.

To be fair, even if we had a few more bodies I still wouldn't like to see him go, as I think he has got a massive future in front of him. Was one of the players I was most looking forward to seeing for us last season.

A big no from me for the following reasons

1. Lescott has stated on several occassions he's a central defender and wants to play there

2. Baines is second choice left back

3. We paid in excess of £5m for him anyway so not massive profit

4. Baines adds a lot of pace to the side

5. Pienaar's injury means that Baines should now slot in as left mid- where I think he'll be very good

6. We've only got a squad of about 16 players when they're all fit.

Keane is linked with all kinds every year, tell him to do one, unless we can replace for less.

Personally I'd take Warnock if we were to sell, good player. However, I know that the fact he played once or twice for the RS means many on this site will think he's the worst player in the world and should not even be discussed by anyone... ever