IGNORED

Comedians, Those You Love And Those You Hate

Jimmy the blue

At present Bill Bailey, Sean Lock and Al Murray have me chuckling away especially Bailey who is one of those comics that you just have to look at to laugh. Peter Kaye was ok but he is getting a bit worn now.

I can't stand Jimmy Carr, he has the face you'd love to smack and is as funny as leprosy. Alan Davies is a total wanker who hates anything north of Southend and Ricky Gervais, can't stand him although some of the Office series was funny I just don't like the guy himself.

If any of the above (Bill Bailey agrees) want a lesson in stand up then Ken the tax dodger Dodd is king without doubt.

I'm a big fan of comedy. I'm going watching Frankie Boyle in December Live. I'm really dissapointed that he's decided to leave 'Mock The Week' because I think that he's the main reason the show is a good as it is. I put Mitchell & Webb as some of my favourites for thier work with the sketch show and with thier series' of 'Peep Show' which returns later in the year with its Sixth Series.

Great

Frankie Boyle

David Mitchell

Robert Webb

Good

Dylan Moran

Russell Howard

Ed Byrne

Dara O'Braian

Hugh Dennis

Alan Carr

Greg Proops

Adrian Edmondson

Al Murray

Steven Fry

Phill Jupitus

Rik Mayall

Vic Reeves

Noel Fielding

Sean Lock

Jason Manford

OK

Jimmy Carr

Bill Bailey

Ben Elton

Paddy McGuinness

Rory Bremmer

John Oliver

Michael McIntyre

Lee Mack

Ricky Gervais (I can't stand him as a person, but as a comic I don't mind him)

Billy Conelly

Ben Miller

Greaham Norton

David Walliams

Bradley Walsh

Chris Rock

Annoying & Useless

Peter Kay

Roy 'Chubby' Brown (:angry:)

Andy Parsons

Jo Brand

Gina Yashire

Victoria Wood

Ken Dodd

Lee Evans

Dawn French

Alex Armstrong

Joe Pasquale

Matt Lucas

Joan Rivers

Dave Spikey

Ruby Wax

Edited by dark

Interesting list....just a bit surprised that you couldn't put Lee Evans and "Chubby" Brown in a slightly lower category.

Suggest "Neo-Norman Wisdom except not funny" for Evans and "Slime" for Brown.

I'd also be a bit kinder to Victoria Wood and Jo Brand (although anyone who presents a "funny foreign TV ad" programme has a lot to answer for).

Rory Bremner I wouldn't really class as stand-up, hate "impressions" but as a political satirist I quite like him.

I'd also be a bit kinder to Victoria Wood and Jo Brand (although anyone who presents a "funny foreign TV ad" programme has a lot to answer for).

Rory Bremner I wouldn't really class as stand-up, hate "impressions" but as a political satirist I quite like him.

Wood & Brand totally wind me up. Mock The Week is one of my favourite shows on television but when she's on I actually refuse to watch it, I can't stand her.

I put Rory on the list because of his time on Mock The Week where he did do quite a bit of stand-up comedy. I know he dosent do much stand-up tours but some of the rounds involved him just to be a normal comedian. And he was funny. :D

Wood & Brand totally wind me up. Mock The Week is one of my favourite shows on television but when she's on I actually refuse to watch it, I can't stand her.

I put Rory on the list because of his time on Mock The Week where he did do quite a bit of stand-up comedy. I know he dosent do much stand-up tours but some of the rounds involved him just to be a normal comedian. And he was funny. :D

Why do you split Lucas and Walliams, I agree that Lucas is puke based on the less than funny Little Britain so Walliams should enter the same category. Is it because Walliams can swim?

I like Walliams on his own. The two times he was on '8 Out Of 10 Cats' he had me laughing from the beginning and when he does interviews he's always funny and in 'Black Books' and 'Run FatBoy Run' he played good parts so I think he's funnier than Matt Lucas.

And yes because he can swim.

been to see al murray twice, going for a third in feb. he was great.

i think lee evans is funny as fuck, the first time, but had no new material for about 5 years.

used to see ken dodd every xmas with my dear old grandma, he is a living legend.

cant beat eddie murphys early stuff, robin williams is a great stand up but doesnt do it anymore i dont think. emo phillips is one of the funniest stand ups ever to live, any of his stuff from his early years makes me piss myself

I like Walliams on his own. The two times he was on '8 Out Of 10 Cats' he had me laughing from the beginning and when he does interviews he's always funny and in 'Black Books' and 'Run FatBoy Run' he played good parts so I think he's funnier than Matt Lucas.

And yes because he can swim.

My dogs arse is funnier than Lucas :lol:

i think lee evans is funny as fuck, the first time, but had no new material for about 5 years.

used to see ken dodd every xmas with my dear old grandma, he is a living legend.

cant beat eddie murphys early stuff, robin williams is a great stand up but doesnt do it anymore i dont think. emo phillips is one of the funniest stand ups ever to live, any of his stuff from his early years makes me piss myself

I'm no great lover of either Murphy or Williams, liked Emo Phillips though, is he still alive Steve?

It is staggering how many modern comics worship Dodd. His material may be getting worn but he can knock off so many gags with brilliant timing, pity about his tax returns :lol::lol:

I'm no great lover of either Murphy or Williams, liked Emo Phillips though, is he still alive Steve?

It is staggering how many modern comics worship Dodd. His material may be getting worn but he can knock off so many gags with brilliant timing, pity about his tax returns :lol::lol:

you guys talking about just brit comedians?

kuz i think this guy is plain and simple awesome!

delerious was absolutly brilliant. The gay Mr.T had me in stitches.

i like williams doing funny voices, childish but always makes me laugh. ive no idea if emo is alive but i really hope so, he was as original as can be.

dodd is just the perfect comedian, he looks funny, he tells funny jokes, his timing is unrivalled, the man is untouchable. and he can appeal to people of all ages, and he can do all this with out swearing once.

one i missed out, i love russell brand, his stand up is so funny to me (plenty wont like him im sure)

chris rock is brilliant yes, but he is the same all the time.

But one of the funniest stand ups i saw was his "whos more rascit? Black people or white people." I shall go no futher into that as it does get extremly racist.

put on my tin hat first

is that the one about how old black men treat old white men?

i like his "i love black people, but i hate n******"

check this link ....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZtQUEY1IU8

edit; also see chris rock in jay and silent bob strike back, playing himself but extra racist

Edited by StevO