IGNORED

Dear Standard Liege

Tonight you play the vermin in their cesspit, the famous Analfield. In times gone by teams have gone there and froze, scared rigid by the fearsome reputation of 50,000 baying scousers booing every move you make no matter how good your football was. These days few scousers go there and most booing has a Scandinavian accent. Having seen how unfortunate you were two weeks ago at home, having played them off the park, quite simply bring that same brand of football with you tonight and beat them. This present side of overrated Ponce's believes its own publicity and that is their weakness, a factor you should exploit. I might be wrong but I don't think either of the Chuckle Bros up front have scored when both have been on the park and their league position is false as they fluked two wins.

Your club is hungry for success and tonights game gives you the opportunity to scalp one of the biggest names in Europe, you win and their season will go belly up before the end of August as they are simply incapable of winning the Premiership and will find it difficult to survive without making huge cut backs because of the loss in revenue. As a life long blue I wish you well and will cheer any success you have tonight.

An admirer

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Jimmy the blue

That will be a Liverpool win tonight then.

Yup....asking for trouble that is Jimmy.

I would only say that I think it's unlikely that Liverpool will put in another sub-standard ( :P ) performance tonight but I hope that they get exactly what they deserve.....unless they deserve to win :) .

I have been very impressed with Liegue so far, they have really surprised me. Riena has been top notch for the shite though, even though they are yet to get going in the game i still think they will win and continue to the group stage.

How shit is it that Liege were the champions of their league and have to play a qualifier?

What annoys me even more is the incessant tossing off that the media do over Liverpool.

Listened to some of commentary on 5live, and it was so :oneeyed01: it was unbelievable. And then on ITV, you've got Jim Beglin. Enough said really.

Lucky lucky red shite!

Tonight you play the vermin in their cesspit, the famous Analfield. In times gone by teams have gone there and froze, scared rigid by the fearsome reputation of 50,000 baying scousers booing every move you make no matter how good your football was. These days few scousers go there and most booing has a Scandinavian accent. Having seen how unfortunate you were two weeks ago at home, having played them off the park, quite simply bring that same brand of football with you tonight and beat them. This present side of overrated Ponce's believes its own publicity and that is their weakness, a factor you should exploit. I might be wrong but I don't think either of the Chuckle Bros up front have scored when both have been on the park and their league position is false as they fluked two wins.

Your club is hungry for success and tonights game gives you the opportunity to scalp one of the biggest names in Europe, you win and their season will go belly up before the end of August as they are simply incapable of winning the Premiership and will find it difficult to survive without making huge cut backs because of the loss in revenue. As a life long blue I wish you well and will cheer any success you have tonight.

An admirer

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shame. You had put some effort into it as well.

We play Aston Villa next. You should write them a letter too.

Edited by xavier

Was a bit of a stuipd letter was it not?

How did you feel about the performance Xav? Hardly convincing! I still don't understand why Babel is not started at every oppertunity.

Every opportunity? He only came back from the Olympics about four (five??) days back. Seemed knackered against Boro and was absolutely pants for the whole of his time on the pitch today except for the cross. But to be fair the whole team bar Reina, Skrtel and Torres were shambolic and neither team deserved to go out i guess. El Zhar did well though, good on him.

They had a legitimate goal not given in Belgium and we should have had a peno today ourselves.

We're missing Mascherano and possibly Crouch. All credit to Liege though. Those oversized bastards put in a fair shift, something we never could match. Need to buck up.

Are ya'll seeded for the UEFA Cup?

Edited by xavier

I'm pretty sure we are seeded.

In regards to Babel, i understand he has only just got back from china, but even last year i thought he was under used. Maybe i have the wrong view of him but I have always been really impressed with him. I can see him going from strenght to strenght (unfortunatly :P )

What do you think about this Riera chap?

I'm pretty sure we are seeded.

In regards to Babel, i understand he has only just got back from china, but even last year i thought he was under used. Maybe i have the wrong view of him but I have always been really impressed with him. I can see him going from strenght to strenght (unfortunatly :P )

What do you think about this Riera chap?

Babel's worked best against a tired defense as a super sub for us last year. I dont remember one single game in which he did really well when he started. To tell you the truth, IMO, he could go either way.. be a really good player or end up a bit like Cisse who had all the talent in the world when he was a teen but never made the jump up. He improved a lot though towards the end of last season and it would be interesting to see how he performs this year.

I only got to see Riera for Espanyol and he seems a tricky player who actually provides width. Likes to take on players and can go both ways..come inside or go outside and put in a cross. His crossing is a bit hit and miss but he usually provides an attacking option in the opposition area. Didnt see him help out a lot defensively and it would be interesting to see what Rafa (Moyes?) makes of that. Atleast he's a winger..both teams are crying out for one right now. Not outright quick but not slow either and he's fucking huge for a wide player. 6 foot 3 yeah?

not sure how longa break babel had between the end of last season and trainin for the olympics, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't much. If he'd been completely fit tonight I'm pretty sure we'd have played him, despite his super-sub exploits of last season.

I can see us reverting back to our 4231 soon, when mascherano is back fit, using alonso as an out and out holding player is not ideal for him or us and as promising as Plesis has looked at times, he offers much less effective protection than Mascherano, and would be a liability in that formation.

El-Zahr looks like he's come on a long way too, he's been on the fringes of the 1st team for a while but looks to have put some meat on his bones, which seems to have given him the confidence to do his stuff. One thing he's always had that I've noticed is superb touch and awairness.

Fact is we can only get better. We've been shit, no getting away from that but 6pts out of 6 and a tricky qualifier done and dusted is as good as we'd have hoped for despite the performances.

What annoys me even more is the incessant tossing off that the media do over Liverpool.

Listened to some of commentary on 5live, and it was so :oneeyed01: it was unbelievable. And then on ITV, you've got Jim Beglin. Enough said really.

The bit on the ITV commentary that really bugged me was when, having talked about Skirtl, they rattled on at length about what a good team Zenit are....how they need to be watched in the Champs League after such a strong performance in the UEFA last year.

How they managed to have that conversation without any mention of Zenit losing across the park was beyond me.

Fact is we can only get better. We've been shit, no getting away from that but 6pts out of 6 and a tricky qualifier done and dusted is as good as we'd have hoped for despite the performances.

...or maybe the ridiculous amount of luck you've had will run out and your performances wll get the fuck-all points they deserve!!! :o

The bit on the ITV commentary that really bugged me was when, having talked about Skirtl, they rattled on at length about what a good team Zenit are....how they need to be watched in the Champs League after such a strong performance in the UEFA last year.

How they managed to have that conversation without any mention of Zenit losing across the park was beyond me.

I'm sure that ITV commentator ejaculated when Kuyt scored :lol::lol: