IGNORED

Standard Liege (home)

troy8

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it with our defence in Europe, Yobo is consistently brilliant in the league but in Europe last year and tonight he's been shocking, they could have scored more goals. The first goal was abysmal from Lescott but where the hell where the rest of the defence when the guy was tapping it in? Yobo and Jags just stood watching. Then Yobo let a guy totally run away from him and we somehow cleared off the line, then the own goal was just criminal, he should have got a shout but still, it was pretty bad from Yobo as well. We've actually played well going forward, Arteta has been superb, always probing always keeping it on the deck. Osman has made a difference as well, lovely first goal. We look dangerous when we keep it on the ground, could be a very exciting team once Pienaar is back again. Just like to say well done Anichebe, looks a different player this season, full of energy, good stamina and workrate - he and Vaughan could provide a big boost up front throughout this season. Oh and brilliant goal from the Yak, no surprise there as he is brilliant.

Edited by carlmc25

What is it with our defence in Europe, Yobo is consistently brilliant in the league but in Europe last year and tonight he's been shocking, they could have scored more goals. The first goal was abysmal from Lescott but where the hell where the rest of the defence when the guy was tapping it in? Yobo and Jags just stood watching. Then Yobo let a guy totally run away from him and we somehow cleared off the line, then the own goal was just criminal, he should have got a shout but still, it was pretty bad from Yobo as well. We've actually played well going forward, Arteta has been superb, always probing always keeping it on the deck. Osman has made a difference as well, lovely first goal. We look dangerous when we keep it on the ground, could be a very exciting team once Pienaar is back again. Just like to say well done Anichebe, looks a different player this season, full of energy, good stamina and workrate - he and Vaughan could provide a big boost up front throughout this season. Oh and brilliant goal from the Yak, no surprise there as he is brilliant.

What is it with our defence in general of late. How can such a solid unit from last season become so sloppy after having a summer break. I thought they were supposed to be back refreshed and rady to carry on where they left off.!

Just checked the scoreboard during a quick break at work and see that our defense is still leaking like a sieve (and what's with all the own goals?). We'd damn well better win this game, because I don't like our odds if we only scrape a draw (or worse) today and have to overturn two away goals on the return leg.

Guess it was from another game... ;)

Anyways, seeing as the previous 2 games at GP were defeats, I think it's progress. Still pretty much open for any team.

As for the penalty, I've seen worse not beeing given. there was a touch, but he clearly went for the dive, so either way , really.

After the 1st half, i was expecting a very intense 2nd one well, but i think, despite clearly moving forward alot, everton was more focused on not letting another in then scoring.

Edited by Sporting4ever

Omg, we really have a horrible defence, Lescott and Yobo do sometimes just sleep around and run behind the strikers then...

Im also not happy with the crosses of Phil Neville by the way, they could come much better into the box...Now we are in real troubles and have to score a minimum of one goal away at Liege, but I don´t think that we are able to get none, so I´m hoping for a 1-2 win away!

Neville actually played well lol

arteta was not very good imo every corner went to there players.

Vic was good defending and attacking all the time

Jags was very good

lescott well last few days hes been playin like titus bramble lol

yobo was unfortunate (how come alot of our own goals come against the players old clubs like neville lol)

Yak was good but towards end seemed more like a winger instead of a striker

Castillo was great, should buy him

Vaughan had a good run but kept gettin in way of cahill

cahill was very quite today

Howard was good

osman ran every second