Standard Liege (home)

troy8

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont take this the wrong way BUT

I thought you had gone home to wack off over Mountino long ago

well, strictly speaking, i never left home ;)

and no, I've been around, just not posting much.

as for our game, it was a hard game, but we played badly. we gave the 1st half away, and even on the 2nd, only made a half hearted attempt at anything. barça didn't do that much too, but they did deserve the win. They'd always be pegged to go 1st, we just need to focus on beating the other 2 teams.

As for tonight, I think EFC have what it takes to get to group stages. It's a tough draw, as i think both deserved to be in it, but that's draws for you.

It's a tough draw, as i think both deserved to be in it, but that's draws for you.

Very true, Standard should actually be in the Champions League because they're proper Champions.

I think we'll do it because of the experience of last year. Also the scare that Kharkiv gave us when we underestimated them (as well as knowing how close they ran Liverpool) will have concentrated the player's minds.

Quietly confident here, and I'd deffo be tipping a home win :) .

What are Guimaraes like Sporting? Under the cosh a bit so far.

Very true, Standard should actually be in the Champions League because they're proper Champions.

I think we'll do it because of the experience of last year. Also the scare that Kharkiv gave us when we underestimated them (as well as knowing how close they ran Liverpool) will have concentrated the player's minds.

Quietly confident here, and I'd deffo be tipping a home win :) .

What are Guimaraes like Sporting? Under the cosh a bit so far.

I think they're still pissed at beeing out of the CL because of referees, since they were better than Basel on both legs and ended up out of it. They're a good side, lots of creativity and speed, but they're young and new to european stages, so that my go against them. They missed a penalty, from what I've seen, and if they hold on to a 1-0, or even score, i think they can go through.

ossies back in!!

Leon Osman is back in the Everton side for the visit of Standard Liege.

The midfielder has sufficiently recovered from the knee injury that kept him out of the win over Stoke at the weekend.

His inclusion, in the place of the cup-tied Marouane Fellaini, is the only change to the side that defeated the Potters.

That means Joleon Lescott remains at left-back with Joseph Yobo and Phil Jagielka in central defence.

Osman is joined in midfield by Mikel Arteta and Tim Cahill, while Segundo Castillo will make his Goodison Park bow.

Yakubu and Victor Anichebe will provide the principal striking threat.

Waiting in the wings are James Vaughan and Lukas Jutkiewicz, the ex-Swindon striker having scored for the reserves on Tuesday.

Jose Baxter, Jack Rodwell, Leighton Baines, Nuno Valente and Carlo Nash complete the bench.

http://evertonfc.com/news/archive/ossie-is-back.html

Guest brazil banks

Cracking game. Yak and Spud are playing blinders. 3-2 Everton.

Lescott looks ambitious but shaky. Ozzie looks by turns great and poor. Bring back Pieman.

We'll be reet.

Castillo 2-2

The ball is pumped into the box. Fortunatly for Standard Liege is is cleared and is bobbling to the feet of Sagundo Castillo. The new-boy rockets home and puts Everton back into buisness.

What a goal. Surely we can build on this. I mean c'mon, we need something from somewhere. Just think if it hadn't of been for the Howard-Yobo error we would be leading now. ):

Edited by dark