IGNORED

Standard Liege (home)

troy8

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Adam in that we need to have a two goal lead and ideally with a cleansheet, so 2-0. Whether we'll put in the performance to get that result is another matter right now but having predicted us correctly for the first time this season against Stoke, I'm going to say an Everton win - Yobo and Cahill ;)

I'll be at the game so they better play well!

Edited by Romey 1878

Unfortunately cant get to this game (first home one this season), work wont let me leave early and as i work in Manchester its a no go. I will be watching it in front of the tv though with a few tins.

Same here, work won't let me go, and being in Sheffield its even harder to get accross in time for the game.

I'm going to have to get up very early for the 12.00 kick-off for the derby game. Rubbish. I hate early kickoffs.

You're right Jamie, age is a terrible thing :lol: , he can at least give us the advice we need but I have now gone on a downer and we'll lose 2 -1, see what you've done now, what a bastard :lol::lol:

I'm sorry. You seemed so full of vigour. Now look what i've done! Well lets hope Vic can perform again, he seemed to have some degree of success in europe last year and put in a strong performance at the weekend, lets hope for the best from him again. COYB!!

I'm sorry. You seemed so full of vigour. Now look what i've done! Well lets hope Vic can perform again, he seemed to have some degree of success in europe last year and put in a strong performance at the weekend, lets hope for the best from him again. COYB!!

I'm not one of Vic's faithful followers so you've just rubbed salt into the wound, what a fucking bastard :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think this is an oportunity for Felliani to show us what he's made of by opening them up for the Yak to score.

You should have claimed you meant it allegorically Jim, and then mocked Jamie as an intellectual lightweight for thinking you were talking literally, and everyone would have thought you were really clever....that's what I'd have done anyway :lol::lol: .

On subject, we need a clean sheet badly....not a repeat of the Kharkiv game. I'd settle for 1-0 personally because I think we'll score more than one in Belgium.

Quote from Fellaini....The £15m midfielder, who made his Everton début at Stoke, reckons his ex-teammates will raise their game in Europe, as they did against Liverpool.

“Boloni knows how to motivate and he knows how to get players going for the big occasion," explained Fellaini. "He gets things going so the players do not fear anyone. They will not be worried about coming to Goodison Park and will fight to the last minute.

“We will have to be on our guard to go through. I can’t play but I will be telling (the lads) to be very careful. They tried to spring a surprise against Liverpool and will want do the same against Everton.”

.......Its vital we take a lead to Liege, but I hope the players don't feel too much pressure from the fans. Another great atmoshphere like Fiorentina with everyone right behind the team, I'm confident the boys can get the job done.

Edited by EvilG

Quote from Fellaini....The £15m midfielder, who made his Everton début at Stoke, reckons his ex-teammates will raise their game in Europe, as they did against Liverpool.

Boloni knows how to motivate and he knows how to get players going for the big occasion," explained Fellaini. "He gets things going so the players do not fear anyone. They will not be worried about coming to Goodison Park and will fight to the last minute.

“We will have to be on our guard to go through. I can’t play but I will be telling (the lads) to be very careful. They tried to spring a surprise against Liverpool and will want do the same against Everton.”

.......Its vital we take a lead to Liege, but I hope the players don't feel too much pressure from the fans. Another great atmoshphere like Fiorentina with everyone right behind the team, I'm confident the boys can get the job done.

thats a load of Boloni :lol::lol::lol:

You should have claimed you meant it allegorically Jim, and then mocked Jamie as an intellectual lightweight for thinking you were talking literally, and everyone would have thought you were really clever....that's what I'd have done anyway :lol::lol: .

On subject, we need a clean sheet badly....not a repeat of the Kharkiv game. I'd settle for 1-0 personally because I think we'll score more than one in Belgium.

I just take it on the chin, the older you get the more used to it you become Mike, surely you know that by now ;):lol::rolleyes:

Makes you wonder just how much Fellini can tell Moyes about his old team mates!.....

Every player has a weakness or two.

Moyes's european experience is growing (as are some of the players)...He will want a clean sheet and more chances created for the forward/forwards....

It should be a very different game to the Stoke game, Arteta will get more of the ball with a bit of luck and he is my tip for something special on Thursday night.

well im leaving halifax at 6.pm for the game the game is winable, it just a case of the defence tightening up again hopefully and cstop making basic errors ,

as for vic hes still raw vbut he has time on his side hes young im sure he will improve at least he gives us some muscle and bustle i thought he had a very good second half on sunday in a different role